Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:12 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Transcribe Anywhere

Has anyone taken either the general or legal program at Transcribe Anywhere? I'd love to hear your feedback about the course, it's value (also relative to the cost), and if it specifically helped you get your first jobs.

If you took different training, I'd love to hear about it, too. Thanks, everyone!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2017, 03:04 AM
Registered WAHM

Iím a work from home transcriptionist and started on my own 3 years back from now without any training. It was difficult at the beginning and one of my friends suggested me to go for the general transcription course offered by transcription certification institute.

The course provided a good picture of what I needed to know. It was easy to understand and clear explanations. Upon passing my final exam, I got an internship with a transcription company that gave me hands-on live work experience.

It was a great experience with TCI overall. Currently, I'm working with multiple transcription companies like Rev, TranscribeMe, and GMR Transcription.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:40 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to IrishChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonyGenie View Post
Has anyone taken either the general or legal program at Transcribe Anywhere? I'd love to hear your feedback about the course, it's value (also relative to the cost), and if it specifically helped you get your first jobs.

If you took different training, I'd love to hear about it, too. Thanks, everyone!

I have been doing transcription for over 20 years through various jobs I had which were not 100% transcription jobs. I did financial, government, general and legal.

A couple of years ago I ran across Transcribe Anywhere. It was under a different name at the time. It was also A LOT cheaper. I wanted a refresher and decided to give it a go. It did help quite a bit. But, I believe, last year, the owner of this program joined with Caitlyn Pyle of Proofread Anywhere to launch the program she has now.

Honestly, there are many options out there for transcription. You can start with some of these companies like Go Transcript and Transcribe Me. They are fairly easy to get on with so long as you pay attention to their guidelines. I do advise you to invest in good transcription software and a foot pedal for the long haul as well as noise canceling headphones. Some of these companies have you type right in their software, but I type in Word and then transfer it over.

Once you got some time in with these "easier" companies you can use that as reference. Caution though, they do pay low compared to some of these other gigs, but just like anything else, its entry level pay.

Udemy, YouTube, and other education on demand sites have cheaper transcription options. General transcription, insurance, financial, and things of that nature are simple because the companies will give you their template.

Legal is a whole different ballgame as your transcription pages need to look just like the court reporters pages with colloquy and 25 lines. This is a real pain in the butt because every transcription place will have a bit different colloquy, just like court reporters do.

My next suggestion is head over to Rat Race Rebellion. They have a huge list of transcription jobs and there are plenty of places who will hire beginners. Training is provided with some and it is not that hard for general. A lot of them do want a typing test, so I would suggest finding a freebie place online to practice.

Making a spreadsheet can really help. You can use it to research classes, keeping track of prices and what sort of options they offer. You can also use it to keep track of the transcription jobs , their pay, qualifications and things like that.

Good luck!