Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-17-2015, 03:40 AM
Registered WAHM

Hello, all,
I, too, have received an email to set up a call interview with Literably. Has anyone else had their interview yet or gotten hired?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2015, 06:52 PM
Registered WAHM

How is Literably going for you guys?
Old 07-15-2015, 04:32 AM
WAHM Regular

I've got to say that this process has been very frustrating. I did have my phone interview, during which I was told I did very well on my test. Tyler, the person I spoke to, told me the specifics and asked if I was ready to start the real recordings. I told him I should probably do a few practice ones first. He said I could log on at any time to do them. I never bookmarked the exact page used for transcription, so I e-mailed hm back to find out what it was, and I never heard back. I finally found the page, but it wouldn't let me on. I e-mailed him...no response. A few days later, I was able to log on, I did a few practice recordings, then switched the setting from practice to real. I did 2, went to look back at my work, and was told they were both practice. I tried again the next day...set the preference to real, did 2, they showed up as practice. I sent Tyler an e-mail asking if there was something I needed to do....never heard back. I sent a chat message to them directly from the site...never heard back! I know they said it could be slow during the summer, so I understand that there may not be ANY real recordings right now, but the lack of response is a bit concerning. I will definitely let everyone know if I do hear back, because I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but right now, I don't have the best feeling!
Old 09-15-2015, 09:11 AM
Registered WAHM

I turned in my 6 and had the agreement and W-9 forms waiting on me as soon as I entered the portal. Has anyone else filled these out yet?
Old 09-19-2015, 08:45 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Literbaly Hiring process

I finished my 6 earlier this week. Have any of ya'll actually been hired yet? I would hate to be spinning my wheels for a company that doesn't follow through.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:50 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Has anyone worked for Literably??

I haven't yet worked for Literably because I am still in the process of doing practice files. I am getting discourage because I am finding that on a few occasions, after submitting my work and comparing my file with theirs, I have found words in their file that were not actually said. I know these words were not spoken because I went back and played the recording over a few times. I'm wondering how I am ever going to get accepted to work for them when there is a problem that I can do nothing about. I'm wrong according to them, but I'm sure I'm right. Maybe I should just stop wasting my time with this company. Is anybody else here having the same problem, and has anybody here been accepted yet?
Old 09-27-2015, 03:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchesca View Post
I haven't yet worked for Literably because I am still in the process of doing practice files. I am getting discourage because I am finding that on a few occasions, after submitting my work and comparing my file with theirs, I have found words in their file that were not actually said. I know these words were not spoken because I went back and played the recording over a few times. I'm wondering how I am ever going to get accepted to work for them when there is a problem that I can do nothing about. I'm wrong according to them, but I'm sure I'm right. Maybe I should just stop wasting my time with this company. Is anybody else here having the same problem, and has anybody here been accepted yet?
I have not worked for Literably. In fact, I had never even heard of them until I read this post. I can say that I have worked for companies that just weren't a good fit. Sometimes the proofer has a way of doing things that I just can't comprehend. Have you timestamped those spots and then asked someone at the company to check those locations? Maybe they aren't aware of the error? Perhaps they are using different software, sound card, or headphones than you are? Only you can know if it's a fit for you or not. It isn't always though.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:10 PM
Super WAHM

Are you getting paid for these "practice" files or are you doing file after file of "practice" for free but never being quite good enough to get to the paid work? If so, I would stop immediately and cut my losses.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:10 AM
Registered WAHM

Are there any more updates at this time? I have been following this thread for sometime now, but no one seems to have moved on with this company. At least that is how it is looking at this time.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:00 PM
WAHM Regular

I saw a listing just recently and signed up. But then I watched a tutorial (I can't remember if it is connected with the site or not), and the way they have the transcription done makes me think it would make kids never want to read again. I wondered what other people think.

Tags
literably, newbie, transcribe