Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:10 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Anyone work for Transcribe Team?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is or has worked for Transcribe Team? I was considering applying for them as they state that their top earner makes $2282 a month. This seems a bit high to me for $0.40 - $0.65 per audio minute.

Is there anyone making anywhere close to this amount? They also say that they have a steady supply of transcription work? Is this true?

I was also wondering if they are perhaps affiliated with Rev as their test audio file is the exact same as Rev's and their page is very similar to Rev?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Look forward to your responses.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2014, 04:28 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi Newtranscriptionist,

If you do a search for "Transcribe Team" on this forum you'll find plenty of posts about this company.

I have worked for this company and at the rate that they pay and the amount of work that is available I can't see how anyone could earn $2282 a month. Though they say they give raises for good work, I personally never earned more than $0.50 an audio minute with this company. At that rate, even an excellent transcriptionist who could get the files transcribed at a 1:4 ratio would not be making more than $7.50 an hour. That would mean to make $2282 a month, you would have to be working over 304 hours a month (76 hours a week). Even if you can and want to work this amount of hours per week, there is not enough transcription jobs available on Transcribe Team, in my experience, to earn this amount. I found that the work available could be quite sporadic with this company.

They are not affiliated with Rev in any way. I believe that Transcribe Team's parent company is Adlean.

On a positive note, you shouldn't have to worry about not getting paid from this company. In the time that I worked for them, I never had a payment that was late or missed. I can honestly say that I was paid on-time, every time.

I can also say that even though I was never paid more than $0.50 per audio minute with this company, that there could very well be other transcriptionists with this company who were earning more (up to $0.65 per audio minute).

I personally would recommend working for rev.com over Transcribe Team. There is much more work available with Rev as well. The pay with Rev though is still very low, on average $0.40 to $0.65 per audio minute.

Best of luck to you.

Christopher
Old 06-23-2014, 08:17 AM
Registered WAHM

The work comes in short spurts and usually only toward the beginning of the week. Occasionally, a few will pop up in the middle of the night. With that being said, since they only allow you to pull one job at a time, and you can't grab another until it's done, by the time you finish, there may not be any left. People are pretty quick to grab them, unless it's an impossible audio, which happens from time to time. So, unless you are an overnight worker and you get lucky getting some extra jobs when no one else is awake, you're usually lucky to find possible jobs. They do absolutely pay every week (on Monday mostly, even though their site says Sunday), but it's generally going to be a small amount due to the lack of jobs available. Most jobs lately have had poor audio and/or they want timestamps or verbatim, and they do not usually pay extra for those. And at the rate of pay, what was said above is correct. You're lucky to pull in $100 a month. I hope they get more work, but even so, there's no way I can sit in front of a screen for 70-some hours a week to pull $2282. I believe they are still a new company, though, so if you hang in there for a while, it may get better. I took some scoping work, though, so I haven't had time lately to sit and reload the page looking for available work.

Like I said, though, they pay every single week, and that's not always something you find in this field.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:34 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebefo View Post
The work comes in short spurts and usually only toward the beginning of the week. Occasionally, a few will pop up in the middle of the night. With that being said, since they only allow you to pull one job at a time, and you can't grab another until it's done, by the time you finish, there may not be any left. People are pretty quick to grab them, unless it's an impossible audio, which happens from time to time. So, unless you are an overnight worker and you get lucky getting some extra jobs when no one else is awake, you're usually lucky to find possible jobs. They do absolutely pay every week (on Monday mostly, even though their site says Sunday), but it's generally going to be a small amount due to the lack of jobs available. Most jobs lately have had poor audio and/or they want timestamps or verbatim, and they do not usually pay extra for those. And at the rate of pay, what was said above is correct. You're lucky to pull in $100 a month. I hope they get more work, but even so, there's no way I can sit in front of a screen for 70-some hours a week to pull $2282. I believe they are still a new company, though, so if you hang in there for a while, it may get better. I took some scoping work, though, so I haven't had time lately to sit and reload the page looking for available work.

Like I said, though, they pay every single week, and that's not always something you find in this field.
This is excellent advice. I agree with everything said in this post 100%.

Rev doesn't pay that well either but they do almost always have lots of work available and unlike Transcribe Team, they do pay extra for both time stamps and verbatim.

Like Transcribe Team, Rev always pay on time as well. I agree with Kebefo that you can count on Transcribe Team paying every week. As I have said before, in the time that I worked for Transcribe Team I never had an issue with not being paid or being paid late.

I also agree with Kebefo that it would be hard to make more than $100 or so a month with Transcribe Team with the amount of work that they have available. There was a poster here a few months ago that claimed to have made $500 in two or three months with Transcribe Time though, if I remember correctly.

Thanks Kebefo for the well thought out, excellent post.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:51 PM
WAHM Regular

Where is TranscribeTeam's application page? Can't find it.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstck View Post
Where is TranscribeTeam's application page? Can't find it.
Transcribe Team's application page can be found here - https://www.transcribeteam.com/workers/. I would really discourage you from even wasting the time applying for this company though. Their pay is terrible, the audio quality of the majority of their files is awful with no extra compensation for transcribing verbatim files and the work available is sporadic. On the plus side, they seem nice enough and always pay on time.

Best of luck.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianMT View Post
Transcribe Team's application page can be found here - https://www.transcribeteam.com/workers/. I would really discourage you from even wasting the time applying for this company though. Their pay is terrible, the audio quality of the majority of their files is awful with no extra compensation for transcribing verbatim files and the work available is sporadic. On the plus side, they seem nice enough and always pay on time.

Best of luck.
Appreciate the feedback. We've increased the compensation for verbatim and timestamped files. We've increased the amount of work available as well. We're trying to improve based on feedback from you guys with increases in compensation, improvements to workflow, and overall work availability.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by transcribeteam; 08-16-2014 at 12:15 PM. Reason: added in more details
Old 08-16-2014, 04:48 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks so much for your response Transcribe Team. That is really good to hear! That's really encouraging that you are paying more for verbatim and timestamped files, as they do take extra time.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:46 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Late on Payments Consistently

Hi I know this post is several years old but I think it's worth updating since people still find these in searches about company credibility. I have worked for Transcribe Team since summer 2014 and initially I would get payment regularly although available jobs were hard to snag. Regardless, it was a reliable and consistent source of work. By no means something that could support you full time though, although they don't purport to be.

However, since resuming working on the occasional transcription for the service I have had a lot of trouble getting payment on time. At one point it took over a week for payment to be processed and none of my emails to support or the company were returned. I am currently waiting on payment that should have been processed on Monday for two transcriptions. Again, no response when I reach out for support.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:22 AM
Registered WAHM

Default No payment /contact from TranscribeTeam

I have done some work from them on and off for almost 2 years. I always had to call or email about payment (yes, once upon a time there was a number to call on their website but now it's gone). I did some work for them 2 weeks ago and did not receive payment. I have since sent numerous emails and posts (thru their support page) with no response. Everyday, this company is looking more unprofessional, shady and untrustworthy.

Tags
college