Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Awesome WAHM

Grandma, you are such a perfectionist[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2006, 05:51 PM
Awesome WAHM

I tried to leave it as it was. I really did, but it got the best of me, so I just HAD to redo it. It's still not what I wanted, but it was better than before. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Banned

I've been lurking here since forever, so I feel like I know all of you, even though I've been mainly invisible until now. So, hello!

Anyway, Zone Alarm from Zone Labs is another free program that I think is very important. (I'd be interested in hearing others' thoughts about it.) It's a firewall that allows you to control who/what gets access to your computer. When I got my new pc, I disabled Windows' firewall and installed Zone Alarm. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be compatible with Windows ME for whatever reason, but now that ME is no longer supported, that's probably not the biggest issue for those of you still running it.

So that's my 2, and worth every penny! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2006, 10:30 AM

Hi, Susan, and welcome! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] I, too, use ZoneAlarm. I use the Pro version, which isn't free, but I love it, and I feel that it, too, is worth every penny. [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Awesome WAHM

Thank you, SusanC, and welcome to our forum! Zone Alarm is a very good program, from what I hear, so thank you VERY much for your input, and, again, welcome! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Banned

Thanks for the welcome, ladies. And thank you, Grandma, for the great computer tips! They're much appreciated. [img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Awesome WAHM

If you can't afford Web Root Windows Washer, one of the best (FREE!)programs I've found for deleting temp and unused files is CM DiskCleaner (http://www.cmdiskcleaner.com/). It'll alsoclean your computer's registry,optimizeRAM, and a few other nifty things.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Awesome WAHM

On that note, I would recommend that those who don't know much about registry files avoid cleaning your registry. One mistake, and you can have some very bad consequences. So the registry cleaning should only be done by those who understand registry files pretty well.

But yes, it's always nice to clean those things up! I like CM DiskCleaner too.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Awesome WAHM

Ditto! In fact, if you have no idea what the registry is or are unfamiliar with what's in it, don't EVEN go there. As kerrinne said, one wrong mistake in there, and it's not a good situation.

Thanks, kerrinne! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]Edited by: Grandma
Old 07-21-2006, 02:34 PM
WAHM Regular

So Norton Security isn't a good one?