Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:48 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Is there an automatic timestamp feature for video transcribing?

Hello all of my hardworking work at home people. I am wondering if there is an automatic time-stamp feature for video transcribing and if so how does it work? I use Expressscribe when tagging and time-stamping videos, does anyone know if there is a time-stamp feature? Thank you! Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by MartezJ; 09-08-2012 at 04:48 PM. Reason: expressscribe, time-stamp,
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2012, 12:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Start Stop has an automatic feature. However, I tried using it once, and it didn't work so well because it puts the time stamp in the middle of a sentence, or even in the middle of a word. However, you can use your left pedal to insert them, which is almost as good.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:27 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks, I think I'm going to stick to manual timestamping.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Banned

You can set up Express Scribe with a function key that will copy the current time stamp. Then you can use CTRL-C in MSword to copy that and then with a macro insert it into your document with minimal keystrokes. That's how I do it when I'm lucky enough to be able to transcribe from the MP3 counter numbers.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitykaity33 View Post
You can set up Express Scribe with a function key that will copy the current time stamp. Then you can use CTRL-C in MSword to copy that and then with a macro insert it into your document with minimal keystrokes. That's how I do it when I'm lucky enough to be able to transcribe from the MP3 counter numbers.
Some players do have an offset function that you can use to calculate the video time stamp from the counter numbers. If I remember correctly, Express Scribe added that function for their pro version, but since I use a custom set-up for transcription I cannot verify.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:30 AM
Awesome WAHM

Version 5.13 of ES is a free version and has the time offset feature.

The FTW software also has an automatic timestamp feature when you pay for the license. However I don't think it will timestamp the embedded timecode.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:11 AM
WAHM Regular

FTW has an auto timestamp function, on their paid version. It is very inexpensive too, a great software! The inky downside is that it you cannot change the embedded time code, it just starts at 00:00:00
Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 PM
WAHM Regular

Start Stop has excellent feature and I request everyone to try out for once, I have been using it and very satisfied though I heard about FTW is doing pretty well.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Registered WAHM

What's the best way to insert the timestamps when they're required every 5 seconds? Does anyone insert them as they transcribe or does everyone insert them after the transcription is completed? Is there a software that can sync the audio with a completed transcript and insert the timestamp automatically?
Old 11-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Awesome WAHM

I've never had to do them every 5 seconds. However FTW, the paid version, gives you the capability to automatically insert timestamps at the beginning of each new paragraph or every so many seconds, you specify.

Hope that helps.