Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Has anyone worked for Transcript Divas?

The net seems to have nothing negative that I can find, but I don't really see anything from people that had done work for them - just relative business information and client testimonials. Anyone here had experience with them that can offer their opinion on whether or not this is a good company to contract with?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 01:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile

Hello,

I worked for Transcript Divas for a short period of time. They did have work and they were really nice to work for. I never had any payment issues. I can't say anything negative about them that I experienced. The manager that I worked under was very nice. The only thing I can say is that sometimes audio wasn't the greatest but they did compensate that for me.

Also, when I first started there were a few times they had a rush file or two and they do make sure that you are taken care of.

I had nothing but positive experiences with them. I just felt that my experience was getting better and so the pay was a tad bit on the low side or average. I also wanted to break out of the general trans field and go into the legal field.

No issues here. Good communication, paid on time every time. Anytime I asked for work she always sent it to me.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Registered WAHM

Thanks Brooklynne. That does help. I tried searching the forum as well, and hadn't found any posts. Since it says they've been around since 2005, I wondered if anyone had experience with them. I think it's outdated since it indicates to apply by April 25 or something like that, but the application is still on the site, so I think I'll go for it and see what happens.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Transcript Divas

Avoid them like the plague. Project Manager Trisia approved my $265 invoice, accounting dept paid through Paypal then Paypal reversed the amount and now on hold. Six days later I can't get them to respond to my emails and no one answers their phone any day I call! One more day and the amount goes back to them and I don't get paid. Pay only 1x a mth but had to wait an additional two weeks to be paid and now they are screwing me over. Filing charges against them shortly and reporrting them to the BBB!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Founder of WAH Stars

Don't forget to contact the Attorney General in their state as well. I just looked them up and they are in NY correct? NY State won't stand for IC's being screwed over as there are laws in NY protecting this type of thing from happening.. There's a Freelancers Union out of Brooklyn, NY that you can sign-up to join and get newsletters, information for free, etc.

Also check out their article called "Get paid, not played" at:

https://www.freelancersunion.org/res...paidwages.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith4111 View Post
Avoid them like the plague. Project Manager Trisia approved my $265 invoice, accounting dept paid through Paypal then Paypal reversed the amount and now on hold. Six days later I can't get them to respond to my emails and no one answers their phone any day I call! One more day and the amount goes back to them and I don't get paid. Pay only 1x a mth but had to wait an additional two weeks to be paid and now they are screwing me over. Filing charges against them shortly and reporrting them to the BBB!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Registered WAHM

Default What are you talking about?

What do you mean Paypal reversed your pay and it's on hold? I don't even know what this means.

I have worked for this company for three years and have never had any problems with being paid. I don't understand what you're saying.

Do other companies pay you thorugh Paypal? Is there possibly a reason Paypal did a reverse, whatever that's supposed to mean?

I don't like people who diss a company when it sounds like the problem is with them and not the company.

drewm
Old 04-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile Wonderful company!!!

I worked with them in the past and now working with them again. Wonderful company, lots of work, nice professional managers in which you can ask whatever questions you need answered and they answer back quickly and efficiently! Love working with them and hope to have a long relationship with them. No problems with payment and is very well run.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Paypal

Because Paypal couldn't find them for some reason in their system they had to verify somehow that it was legitimate. They solved the issue and then payments were made perfectly. Just wish Paypal would have contacted me faster since I didn't know what the delay was about.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith4111 View Post
Because Paypal couldn't find them for some reason in their system they had to verify somehow that it was legitimate. They solved the issue and then payments were made perfectly. Just wish Paypal would have contacted me faster since I didn't know what the delay was about.
Why did it take you nearly a year to post that it wasn't the fault of Transcript Diva that you didn't get paid, but PayPal's?

Do you realize this post was sitting for a year with you saying that you didn't get paid...?????

As a transcription company owner, that really makes me upset. Our reputations are very important to us and I would be livid if I saw this.

PayPal reversed a $1200 payment on me nearly two months after my client paid. My client had no idea. It took me 3-4 days to get the money back in the account, but it was a big headache. My client actually had to take her time to call them and say the payment was fine. It's too long of a story to get into, but it had nothing to do with the client. It was extra awful for me because it was payday and I had to pay my staff for the work they did the week prior and PayPal had basically wiped out my account. Luckily, I do have a line of credit with PayPal just in case something like this happens my transcribers can get paid. Only thing that stinks is I had to pay extra fees. Nature of running a business, though, I guess.

Anyway, double SHAME ON YOU for not coming back and correcting this for almost a year.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainie23 View Post
Why did it take you nearly a year to post that it wasn't the fault of Transcript Diva that you didn't get paid, but PayPal's?

Do you realize this post was sitting for a year with you saying that you didn't get paid...?????

As a transcription company owner, that really makes me upset. Our reputations are very important to us and I would be livid if I saw this.

PayPal reversed a $1200 payment on me nearly two months after my client paid. My client had no idea. It took me 3-4 days to get the money back in the account, but it was a big headache. My client actually had to take her time to call them and say the payment was fine. It's too long of a story to get into, but it had nothing to do with the client. It was extra awful for me because it was payday and I had to pay my staff for the work they did the week prior and PayPal had basically wiped out my account. Luckily, I do have a line of credit with PayPal just in case something like this happens my transcribers can get paid. Only thing that stinks is I had to pay extra fees. Nature of running a business, though, I guess.

Anyway, double SHAME ON YOU for not coming back and correcting this for almost a year.
I was really surprised that they had pay issues. I liked working for them and I couldn't believe it. This is true on the point of not getting correct information about a company b/c when you do post on places like this, both contractors and clients are seeing this and it could hurt a company's reputation.

At the same time, it was stated that contact with the company was null so maybe if they would've contacted the contractor quickly, this could've been avoided. I always make sure to give a company at least a week for some kind of response before I get panicky. Sometimes, they get busy and cannot respond right away.

Glad it worked out.