Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:25 PM
WAHM Regular

I am trying to get an idea of how the pay scale for Ubiquis compares to other transcription comanies out there.

Does anyone know??

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2008, 09:15 PM
WAHM Regular

I've been working with Ubiqus for about two years now doing 99% legal. I can tell you that the pay rate that they start people out with now is I think lower than what I started out as, and it's different for corporate and legal. There are two different rates I believe.

Of course, I could be wrong on that, but that's what I've been hearing from the people who have started contracting with them in the last few months.

For me personally, the pay rate is comparable to most other legals, but lower than my medical contracts. Like I said, I don't know what the going rate is now, but maybe someone else can answer that question for you. I hope I helped a little bit.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:41 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks a lot...I do not have medical or legal experience but have been asked to test...do you think it will be difficult for me?
Old 01-22-2008, 03:42 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks a lot...I do not have medical or legal experience but have been asked to test...do you think it will be difficult for me?
Can you tell me an estrimate of what you think you make per hour? I know it is by word per audio hour...right? But what do you average an hour?

Old 01-22-2008, 03:42 AM
WAHM Regular

Can you tell me an estrmate of what you think you make per hour? I know it is by word per audio hour...right? But what do you average an hour?

Old 01-22-2008, 08:35 AM
WAHM Regular

Lalita, It's quite different with what you make with legal and with corporate. With legal there are a lot less words usually, so it always comes out to less than if you were doing corporate, so it's really hard for me to say. It's always different. I wish I could be of more help with that. Sorry.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Super WAHM

Hi I have done work for them but I do corporate and the work is not study right now but they will call you or send emails when they have work. I like there deadlines pretty much as they don't have to be back quickly and you get paid pretty good. I did a 57 minute interview and got $70 for it so I think that is pretty good.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:49 PM
WAHM Regular

Hello. I have been working for Ubiqus for about a year now. I do only medical trancscription and I love it. Their pay rate for MTs is higher than legal and corporate. I have friends that do both and the MT hourly rate is better. There are a lot of interviews and meetings that use prescription drug names that are in the trial phase and also medical procedures. If you have never typed medical or worked in the field you may have a hard time. I would suggest that you do corporate for a while and then request the medical test and try it out. I can make anywher from $70 to $100 for a 60 minute interview depending on how many speakers there are. It takes longer to transcribe conferences that have a large number of people speaking at once. Good luck.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:01 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlepley
Hello. I have been working for Ubiqus for about a year now. I do only medical trancscription and I love it. Their pay rate for MTs is higher than legal and corporate. I have friends that do both and the MT hourly rate is better. There are a lot of interviews and meetings that use prescription drug names that are in the trial phase and also medical procedures. If you have never typed medical or worked in the field you may have a hard time. I would suggest that you do corporate for a while and then request the medical test and try it out. I can make anywher from $70 to $100 for a 60 minute interview depending on how many speakers there are. It takes longer to transcribe conferences that have a large number of people speaking at once. Good luck.
You're right about that. I have been working with Ubiqus for about two years and I do everything, corporate, legal and medical and the medical pays the best, but I get the same rate for legal and corporate, but I don't do corporate unless absolutely necessary. I haven't had to do any corporate for a long time now. I have enough to do with legal and medical.

I also do medical for another transcription company and that pays even higher, but you have to have at least 3 years of medical experience before you can apply to them, but they pay very well.

I also do work for some court reporters on an overflow basis, so that helps too.

Remember also, that just because you would be working with Ubiqus, there is no guarantee of how much work you would be getting from them at first until you became "established" with them. It's kind of a hit and miss when you first start out, but the work gets more consistent over time. They also have a lot of transcriptionists that work for them, so sometimes it's tough because they don't have enough work to pass around.

Anyway, good luck and yes, you might want to try out for corporate with Ubiqus. That might be a good start for you. I also have some other leads for you if you like. You can PM and I'll be happy to give you more information.

Good luck.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:21 PM
WAHM Regular

Hello!
I have been with U for nearly a year now. I only do corp. work. I really enjoy workig for them. Yes, I have to agree that it's been slow lately, but it's not always. I feel very comfortable with the pay. I'm not completely sure what everyone else pays though because I only have two contracts. But the two of them pay pretty much the same. Good luck!
Dennell