Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Registered WAHM

I have just been hired for medical transcription with Ubiqus and I am wondering if I should be looking for other jobs too or just depend on what I get from U?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2007, 07:41 AM
WAHM Regular

Pghcitygirl - that is completely normal. You will get status requests every day for each assignment you have. If you have something that isn't due for 3 days, you'll get one every day for 3 days.

Honeybea - the medical work has been pretty slow lately but U assured me last week that it was picking up. I do medical, legal and general with U, that way there's more opportunities to get the work I need.

Hope that helps.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:41 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Ubiqus (UK) outsourced transcription

Ubiqus pay 1 per voice minute. Sounds good, doesnt it, and compared with others I've worked for it IS good.

BUT....sometimes the audio quality is poor, and speakers quite often have strong accents - not necessarily non-British. Also, more often than not, in an ordinary interview there will be at least one speaker who mumbles, and/or speaks so badly that you can hardly understand what he/she is saying. In fact, I find that non-Brits often speak better, clearer English than some Brits!

So these glitches can make for very time-consuming transcriptions. I find that on average I have to multiply by 8 in order to calculate how long a piece of work is going to take me. So for example 60 voice-minutes will take me 8 hours, sometimes more. That for me works out at earning about 7.50 an hour. But seeing as I have no overheads, and can work in my dressing-gown if I want, that seems fairly reasonable!