Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:48 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Should I Host a Party First?

Hello! I'm considering selling Thirty One part time. I'm a teacher and any extra income would be helpful! I just don't know if it would behoove me to be a hostess first, or if I should jump right in. I don't know if some hostess deals may be better and if it would be a good learning experience for me to host a party first. My only issue is that the consultant I was matched with is 3 hours away, though I wouldn't mind doing a facebook or catalog party.

Also, how do I know if I am signing under an organized/proactive consultant? I was just randomly matched to someone 3 hours away but I want to make sure that it's someone who is helpful. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2016, 09:01 PM
WAHM Regular

Hey! I would love to help! Have you ever hosted a party before? I just had a lady sign up under me and she hosted a party and then signed up. That way she could get extra free stuff. She already has 3 parties that are set up! It doesn't matter how far away you are. Thirty-One has matched you with a good consultant. You have to be at a certain ranking and sell a certain amount before Thirty-One will recommend you to someone. We are having a sale starting tomorrow and if you host a party before the 31st then your friends could shop the sale! I hope this helps!
Old 01-25-2016, 07:23 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrszep View Post
Hello! I'm considering selling Thirty One part time. I'm a teacher and any extra income would be helpful! I just don't know if it would behoove me to be a hostess first, or if I should jump right in. I don't know if some hostess deals may be better and if it would be a good learning experience for me to host a party first. My only issue is that the consultant I was matched with is 3 hours away, though I wouldn't mind doing a facebook or catalog party.

Also, how do I know if I am signing under an organized/proactive consultant? I was just randomly matched to someone 3 hours away but I want to make sure that it's someone who is helpful. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
To be eligible for leads (company referrals) the consultant must have sold $1000 last month and sponsored at least one person. This way, you know the consultant referred is actually working their business. However, there is nothing wrong with asking her what her goals are and how does she support her team that aren't local. Most of us have ways to support our team that aren't in the same town. I would speak on the phone with her and ask questions. It is important to click with your sponsor. My sponsor is states away but I called her to chat before I signed up. I interviewed several gals before I decided who was the best match for me and what I wanted from my business and who could support that.

It is not necessary to host before you join. I honestly would say talk it over with your sponsor but in general, I encourage my new people to join about 2 weeks before they want to do their business launch. A business launch is where you are the host and the consultant. This is your best chance of getting bookings and the easiest way to ask your friends. It is so much easier to ask your friends to host if they have just seen a short presentation about the products and how they can be used and get to see and touch the products. If they are excited, they are a much better host. While you are waiting on your kit (takes around 8 -10 days depending on where you live) you can be training on TOT (our website for consultants ThirtyOneToday.com).

Hope this helps. let us know if you have any more questions!
Leanne