Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:49 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Too many consultants in one area?

I am becoming more and more interested in joining Thirty One and the more I've been thinking about it the more I've been seeing is everywhere. My question is, could there be too many consultants in my area for my to get business after running through all my family and friends. I know the business is growing like crazy and I'm just wondering if I would be starting too late in the game to have any real success with it.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2014, 12:38 PM
Registered WAHM

I've heard some say there can never be 'too many' consultants in one area. I have to disagree though. My area has too many. We all share the same customers. It doesn't work out so well for me because I'm not a pushy salesperson. It works well for some of the others who are more assertive in getting sales.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Exactly the way I think..I left because it is way to hard to sell unless you want to be that pushy consultant and I am not that type at all..I heard how to sell and that it is not that many but truly it is especially if you live by the home office as I am in WV, literally 4 1/2 hrs away..Sorry but I refused to be all rainbows and glitter..
Old 06-17-2014, 04:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Greta, what state do you live in? I can tell you how many consultants are in your area.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigangirl View Post
Greta, what state do you live in? I can tell you how many consultants are in your area.
I live in Oregon right outside of Portland.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:41 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJuneAngel View Post
I've heard some say there can never be 'too many' consultants in one area. I have to disagree though. My area has too many. We all share the same customers. It doesn't work out so well for me because I'm not a pushy salesperson. It works well for some of the others who are more assertive in getting sales.

I feel like ky maybe over saturated too.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:21 PM
WAHM Regular

I live 3 hours from HO, near Pittsburgh, and I don't find an over saturation at all. I am still amazed at the amount if people I meet every day who haven't heard of 31! And trust me, I am so not pushy! I just use my product everyday and when people comment I mention 31 and maybe give them a catalog or a mini...everyone's experience differs though.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Greta, there are only 648 consultants in Oregon. For comparison, I live in Michigan and there are 5846 consultants! There are over 8000 in Ohio. I would not hesitate if I were in your area There are 1363 in Washington state, 3196 in California, 569 in Idaho, and 311 in Nevada. The West Coast is an untapped market. Good luck!
Old 06-19-2014, 04:34 AM
WAHM Regular

Could you please tell me how many in NJ? Thanks!
Old 06-19-2014, 08:10 AM
WAHM Fanatic

New Jersey has 1758. Those numbers are misleading though. That is the number of active consultants - that includes part-timers, consultants in it only for the discount. That is not truly not the number of active consultants.

Our company is still the fastest growing. There are several 100s of 1000s of MK consultants - we are no where near that big. As an upper level leader most of the people in my town are on my team. We do not step on each others toes. The key is customer service - it is not about being a pushy sale person. Those that provide VALUE to their customers not just collecting orders and submitting them will get and retain customers and hostesses.

A lot of people call themselves consultants when really they are more like order collectors. Are you helping your customers find the best option and solution to meet their needs? Are you servicing them? Are you doing pink bag calls to follow up on how they like their order? It is more than just collecting the order.

Tags
consultant, thirty one