Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Questions about becoming a new consultant

I love thirty one products and am interested in becoming a consultant. However, I have some questions:

1. Do items from a party get shipped to the consultant or the hostess?

2. If the party doesn't spend at least $200 (not a qualified party) where do the items get shipped to? Does each person then have to pay $4 for shipping to their own house?

3. what is "inactive" status? how long can you be "inactive" and then become active again?

4. How often does the enrollment kit change? Does it change with each new catalog?

5. What is the start swell program?

6. Online it says the start swell program goes till July 31st, so if I sign up July 1st do I get 120 days from my sign up date or does it all end regardless July 31st?

7. What are the requirements for the Spring 2014 start swell program? Can you earn your website free for a year with the start swell program?

8. If I wait and join after July 31st do I get to be part of the next start swell program or is it only for new consultants that sign up during that specific time?

9. Can people do split payment on the 31 website?

10. Can I enter in split payment for people from a party?

11. Who does the buyer make checks out to?

12. How do I take a credit card order at a party?

13. If someone signs up to be a consultant under me and orders the enrollment kit does that $99 count toward my $200 every 3 month need?

14. If someone signs up at a party to be a consultant does that count toward the hostesses money/credit?

15. Does the hostess choose and order her reward items with the party or do I have to enter in the party and then let her get credit for the party and then order her items? If so, how long is the wait till she can order? and does she have to pay separate shipping?

16. How do gift cards work with 31 gifts? If someone purchases a gift card from me des that count toward my $200 every 3 month need? or does it count toward whoever she uses it with?

17. Tell me about the add on kits? What's in them? When can you purchase them throughout the year? Can I purchase them as an old consultant or only as a new consultant?

18. Tell me about the connect meetings? How often are they? I heard if you attend one you get the a pack of new catalogs and a pack of new mini catalogs, plus a free item?

19. When is the best time to sign up? I know they have the start swell program now, but what are some other programs? I have read about people "double dipping?"

Thanks for all your help in advance!

Like I said I love thirty one products and would love the opportunity to be part of this business however I want to make sure when I sign up I have answers to my questions so I can get started right away and earn the extra bonuses! plus I am a very detailed oriented person so I like to know what I'm getting into
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2014, 01:27 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernElle View Post
I love thirty one products and am interested in becoming a consultant. However, I have some questions:

1. Do items from a party get shipped to the consultant or the hostess?
They are automatically shipped to the host unless you override it to have it shipped to you. Either way is fine.

2. If the party doesn't spend at least $200 (not a qualified party) where do the items get shipped to? Does each person then have to pay $4 for shipping to their own house?
Yes, if the order is not $200 each person then would pay the $4 Direct Ship fee.

3. what is "inactive" status? how long can you be "inactive" and then become active again?
If you go inactive, you have 6 months from when you go inactive to simply submit a $200 order to reactivate. After 6 months, you can choose whether to reactivate by submitting the $200 order or you can purchase a new kit. After 12 months, you must purchase a new kit.

4. How often does the enrollment kit change? Does it change with each new catalog?
Yes, it generally changes with each catalog change. Sometimes there will be two kits offered.

5. What is the start swell program? The Start Swell Program is an incentive program that runs the first 4 months when a Consultant joins. It is divided into 4 months. Each month you submit at least $600 in sales, you earn an incentive package of products and/or business supplies to help build your display kit.

6. Online it says the start swell program goes till July 31st, so if I sign up July 1st do I get 120 days from my sign up date or does it all end regardless July 31st? It is all based on your enrollment date. After the catalog changes, the Start Swell packages will update to new catalog items. it is actually usually before the new catalog comes out. LIke this time, the catalog started May 1st but the Start Swell updated on April 1st so that consultants would be adding current items to their kits.

7. What are the requirements for the Spring 2014 start swell program? Can you earn your website free for a year with the start swell program? No, they don't have that option anymore. You do get your website for free for the first 90 days automatically. After that is is $14 a month for the website and newsletter. I will post pictures of the current rewards. The requirement is $600 in Personal Sales Volume in each of the 4 months after you join.

8. If I wait and join after July 31st do I get to be part of the next start swell program or is it only for new consultants that sign up during that specific time? Start swell is an ongoing incentive. It doesn't matter when you join, it is always the first 4 months after you join. The rewards will update at each catalog change.

9. Can people do split payment on the 31 website? Not sure on this one. I would say No, when someone puts their own individual order in, I think they can only enter one card.

10. Can I enter in split payment for people from a party?
You have the ability to put as many credit cards in as you like when you are inputting a party. On an individual order that someone submits outside of a party, they can just do the one. On an order that someone puts on a party that you have set up, the order is not automatically submitted. It is kind of put on hold til you are ready to submit the full party. Therefore, you can go in an adjust the payments and add cards at that time.

11. Who does the buyer make checks out to? To the consultant. They don't make them out to 31. Some consultants have them make them out to the hostess and then the hostess writes one big check but that is rare.

12. How do I take a credit card order at a party? You take down the information and when you enter the party, you enter the payment.

13. If someone signs up to be a consultant under me and orders the enrollment kit does that $99 count toward my $200 every 3 month need? No, for the most part, the only orders that count towards the $200 are customer sales. No host purchases, business supplies, or enrollment kit purchases.

14. If someone signs up at a party to be a consultant does that count toward the hostesses money/credit? No.

15. Does the hostess choose and order her reward items with the party or do I have to enter in the party and then let her get credit for the party and then order her items? If so, how long is the wait till she can order? and does she have to pay separate shipping?
It all goes in at one time. You input customer orders on the host's party and then input the host choices based upon those sales and then you submit all of it at the same time to the company online. The company pays for the host rewards so the credit must be used at the time the customer sales are entered.

16. How do gift cards work with 31 gifts? If someone purchases a gift card from me des that count toward my $200 every 3 month need? or does it count toward whoever she uses it with? Gift Certificates are essentially like reserving cash when they are purchased. They only count when they are redeemed. It is kind of like an alternate form of payment. Instead of entering a credit card to pay for the purchase, they use a Gift Certificate to pay (either in full or partial) on the order. the Certificate sits in the back office of the person who sells the Gift Certificate. Therefore, it must be used with that consultant. The only exception is if the customer calls HO and requests to use it with someone else. Then HO must call and get your permission before it is transferred.

17. Tell me about the add on kits? What's in them? When can you purchase them throughout the year? Can I purchase them as an old consultant or only as a new consultant? Add On kits are kits that current consultants can purchase to update their kits with new catalog items. In the past new consultants had a short window they could also purchase them but I think this has changed. This past catalog change, only current consultants could purchase them.

18. Tell me about the connect meetings? How often are they? I heard if you attend one you get the a pack of new catalogs and a pack of new mini catalogs, plus a free item?
The Celebrate & Connect Meetings are held every 2 months. When you register and attend a meeting, there is an attendance amenity that the company provides. It is usually one product. The company doesn't do the pack of free catalogs anymore. The pack of catalogs is usually either in the Add On kit or in the first level of an incentive that we usually have at each catalog change called Ready Set Sell.

19. When is the best time to sign up? I know they have the start swell program now, but what are some other programs? I have read about people "double dipping?"
The best time to sign up is when it is best for you to get off to a strong start. Our company is very generous when it comes to incentives in that sales count for all incentives that are going on at the same time. There is no incentive out there like cash so the sooner you get started, the sooner you have cash coming in. Getting started strong will earn those Start Swell rewards. I always encourage my new girls to be their own host at a launch/debut show. You will earn the commission and you also earn host rewards to add to your kit. The sales also count towards your Start Swell incentive.

Thanks for all your help in advance!

Like I said I love thirty one products and would love the opportunity to be part of this business however I want to make sure when I sign up I have answers to my questions so I can get started right away and earn the extra bonuses! plus I am a very detailed oriented person so I like to know what I'm getting into

Totally understand. I did the exact same thing when I got started. I wanted to know all of the details when I got started because I didn't want any surprises. Well, unless it was products!

Hope this helps answer your questions!

Leanne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SS level 1.jpg (56.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg SS Level 2.jpg (53.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg SS Level 3.jpg (54.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg SS Level 4.jpg (50.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-17-2014, 11:53 PM
Registered WAHM

Thank you so much for all the useful information! I cant wait to get started with Thirty-one and enjoy all the great perks!

Tags
thirty one, thirty one consultant, thirty one gifts