Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:54 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Conference 2014 $

I know we are able to earn stars to get $ off of registration and such. Does anyone know of have a ballpark of how much $ we will have to pay out of pocket? Did anyone go last year? Is it worth the time and money?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2014, 07:09 PM
WAHM Regular

I wanna go so bad. I know I can get at least $100 knocked off the registration, but the hotel and food is what is worrying me.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:15 AM
WAHM Master

Conference can cost some money but the benefits really add up.

First, usually we get at least $200 in free product plus we get catalogs and have the option to earn/buy a Conference kit on top of that. This year, they have two kits that you can earn. Not sure if you will be able to buy them.

Conference bucks can pay your registration. if you earn 8 stars, your conference registration is completely paid for plus you earn the 8 start Conference kit.

New Consultants who join after Jan. 1st automatically get 2 Conference Stars. You earn stars for each level of Start Swell that you hit. You can earn up to 4 stars for that.

If you are hitting Start Swell levels, you are also earning Stars for those sales. So let's say you hit 2 levels of Start Swell, that is at least $1200 in volume and that would be 4 stars.

New Consultant 2 Stars
Start Swell (2 levels hit) =2 Stars
$1200 in Volume=4 stars
That is 8 stars right there!

So that takes care of registration which gets you into everything, takes care of several meals and training, etc. Not to mention the product.

Hotels are generally around $150 a night. If you sleep 4 to a room, you can usually end up paying around $50 a night.

Then you have transportation costs.

The thing about Conference is that the expense is split up over time.

When you register, you will pay a $50 non refundable deposit. Registration is usually $250 so that leaves a $200 balance that you can earn. You will then choose a reservation for a hotel but nothing is charged then.

I usually then start looking for a plane ticket and keep a watch to get a good deal. Some areas have chartered buses that stop on the way. Or you can drive if it is close enough. Be aware though that most Convention areas do have high parking area charges. Once you buy a plane ticket, then really all you have left to pay for is the Hotel bill and any spending money.

Remember that ALL of this is tax deductible against earnings that you make. You do have to lay the money out but you will most likely get all of it back in tax refunds-especially if it is your first year. And then when you factor in the free product and all of the training that you get, you can see it is worth the money.

Now, I am one that likes to sleep 2 to a room only but I have slept 4 to a room. We stayed 4 nights so essentially it cost us each one night of the hotel room each. Most ladies stay 4 to the room.

Hope this helps!
Leanne
Old 02-13-2014, 10:51 PM
Super WAHM

Hey ladies! I will say this.....find a way to get there!!! You won't regret the money you put into it because it will be a priceless experience with invaluable training and motivation!! Plus you get to soak up all the energy of thousands of other 31 sisters!!!

Hi Leanne!!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:19 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Conference

Really hoping I can make it this year to meet all you wonderful people!

Tags
conference, thirty one