Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Do you have another business besides Thirtyone?

Hi everyone......just wondering if you have a second business, and there's no need to say which one, my main question is how do you manage two? Do you find you focus on one more then another....or do you have two for different reasons? Is one more personal and one more for financial reasons?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2013, 07:31 AM
Awesome WAHM

I'm a full-time writer. 31 is just for fun. :-)
Old 09-19-2013, 08:10 AM
WAHM Regular

I have a full time job and I am doing Thirty-one part time. I'm closing my first party next week so it's been a little hectic trying to get everything prepared for it lately bc we've been crazy busy at my "real" job but so far I'm doing okay with balancing both. We'll see if I change my tune once parties start picking up though.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:25 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Are you asking if any of us have a 2nd DS business?

If that is your question - then no I do not. If you truly want to move into leadership, etc. then you need to work only one business. If your DS business is more of a hobby or for fun or the discount then yes it is certainly possible.

If you are asking, if we also work FT - then no! I have been blessed to be able to quit my FT 50-60 hour a week job 2 years ago because of my business. Three weeks ago my husband quit his as well.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:54 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by akerr1117 View Post
Are you asking if any of us have a 2nd DS business?

If that is your question - then no I do not. If you truly want to move into leadership, etc. then you need to work only one business. If your DS business is more of a hobby or for fun or the discount then yes it is certainly possible.

If you are asking, if we also work FT - then no! I have been blessed to be able to quit my FT 50-60 hour a week job 2 years ago because of my business. Three weeks ago my husband quit his as well.
This is so inspiring! Hard to fathom, but inspiring nonetheless. Good for you!

I am a nurse. Right now I do home care for a family member (20-30 hours/week), so I'm able to take my kids. My son is 4 months old, so I joined Thirty-One in the hopes that I can build a successful business & not have to go back to working shifts & holidays while he's little (or ever)!
Old 09-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Super WAHM

I know of some people who do very well with more than 1 business. Perhaps it just depends on the person..
Old 09-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Susan Rae

You can successfully do more than one. You can also be in leadership & do more than one but I don't think having a team in more than one is a good idea. I have a team of 64 with Origami Owl but I don't plan on having a Thirty-One team. I joined Thirty-One for myself originally. I do at least enough each month to pay for the items I want for myself and to earn incentives. Maybe when my 2 little girls are in school in a few years I may change my mind but I doubt it. .

You really have to have a wide base of contacts to do two businesses. There will be times where you have to pick which business you want to share with a person. I've had a few times where I've been conflicted as to which business to approach a particular person to host for. I don't believe in driving your friends crazy asking them to host for my businesses. I've only asked one friend to have a party, she is my BFF & I had many Scentsy parties for her. Otherwise they come to me wanting to host, I won't use my friendships but that's just me.