Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:13 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmammajdollar View Post
another option would be to try Amazon Mechanical Turk. It takes a lil while to get the hang of it, but I love it. There is no schedule, you decide what you want to work on and when you want to get paid. There is a wide range of work to do from surveys to transcription jobs available daily.

is there a link?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2018, 09:19 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janny1088 View Post
thanks how is the pay?
it all depends on the hit. Some pay as little at .01 and up. You work each job as a hit. So you work a bunch of hits stacked together as a batch or single hit. There is some strategy involved in it. However, if you are good with computer once your get through the trial period you can make some decent money. Many people do this full time, especially transcribers. There is a wide rage of things you can do there, the sky is the limit. There is no schedule, you work how much and when.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:22 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
is there a link?
www.mturk.com

Before you sign up, I suggest searching some of the forum for Mturk to get a clear understand of the sign up process. You want to get it right the first time to prevent delays or rejection. You much qualify through Amazon to be able to work on the hits.

One of the better forums is Mturk Crowd.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:56 PM
Super WAHM

Smile

I do "Mturk" as well for "extra cash." You won't get rich, but you can make a good amount of cash if you are willing to put in a lot of time on the site. I love the "flexibility" of the job and that you get paid usually within a week or as little as 1 or 2 days depending on the hit you are doing. I have always been paid and I have never had any issues with them. I really enjoy it because I can work when it's convenient for me. Good luck!!!

Last edited by diamond100; 02-07-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:00 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Lionbridge

Hi all. I'm new here and I wanted to add a company to the list. I have hooked up with Lionbridge LLC. Their headquarters is in Massachusetts but their payroll comes from Ireland. They have been around for about 10-12 years and they have a variety of clients they service. My position is with payroll support for a program in the state of Pennsylvania and it all done over the phone.

There is a very tough testing period that you have to pass with an 80%. You are considered and Independent Contractor so you have to be able to run your own "business" by paying quarterly taxes. Also, all the training and time spent studying for the test( which took 3 hours) and the position(which for me was quite a bit) is not paid either. I don't mind because it's an investment in my future,

They pay starts at around $13.80/hr but right now they will only allow you to work a minimum of 10 hours and a maximum of 20 hours. You can work anytime of the day or night and any day of the week you want. You can also apply for other positions available through Lionbridge after 90 days.

I researched this company a lot and discovered that they have an A+++ with the BBB, their reviews from employees was mostly positive and they stressed the honor and integrity of upper management. Some were disappointed that they haven't been promoted yet but didn't want to leave.

I don't know how often they hire. I waited a little bit to get an appointment with them. Since I am just starting I haven't experience any bad yet. Their team is responsive to my emails. I can only work part-time anyway so this position is good for. The best part, although I love people, is I don't have someone yelling at me all day like at my other job.

Thanks for reading my post and if you have questions feel free to ask. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:17 AM
Registered WAHM

Angry sorry

Sorry guys. I misread the post about NOT wanting phones. My bad.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmammajdollar View Post
www.mturk.com

Before you sign up, I suggest searching some of the forum for Mturk to get a clear understand of the sign up process. You want to get it right the first time to prevent delays or rejection. You much qualify through Amazon to be able to work on the hits.

One of the better forums is Mturk Crowd.
I can't find it and I just signed up as a requester.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:13 PM
WAHM Regular

so you have to pay first to get hits to do?
Old 02-18-2018, 07:05 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
You sign up as a worker, not a requester. A requester adds money to pay the workers.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:13 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
You said you signed up as a "requester" ... you signed up wrong.