Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Can Only Choose One: Appen or Lionbridge

Has anyone had experience working for either Appen or Lionbridge? This week I passed the exam to qualify as a Social Media Internet Assessor for Lionbridge. I've completed the training but haven't started working for them yet. This particular program pays $13.50/hr and requires contractors to work 10-20 hours a week.

A few days after I passed the Lionbridge exam, I received an invite to take Appen's Web Search Evaluator exam. The problem is I can't work for both companies. Lionbridge is very explicit that contractors can't work for any of their competitors. As I haven't begun working for Lionbridge yet, I believe that it is permissible for me to test for a position with a competitor. I'm sure I can pass the Appen exam, but I don't want to invest the time if I ultimately choose not to work for them.

I have a few questions for anyone working for Appen:
- What's the current pay rate for a Web Search Evaulator?
- What are the hours for the Web Search Evaluator position?
- Are you required to complete your hours during any specific days or times?
- Are tasks typically available?
- How do you like working for Appen?

For those working for Lionbridge:
- Is the work what you thought it would be like when you started?
- If you were offered a similar position with a competitor, would you switch?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2016, 01:12 AM
Registered WAHM

I work at Appen but not in the same position as you are considering. That said, in the position I am in I make over 13 dollars an hour. My hours are very flexible and that seems to be true for most of the Appen projects. In my case, I work each weekday but can choose the hours I do so. I always have work available but again, this may depend on the project you are on. I generally quite enjoy the job, although it can get tedious after time. The pay is great, at least for where I live, though. It kind of makes up for the boring days. That said, I've heard good things about Lionbridge as well. I'll be interested to hear other responses to your thread, but I hope this helps at least a little.

Tags
appen butler hill, internet assessor, lionbridge, web search evaluator