Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Postmates is hiring!!

Postmates is a fairly new company kind of like Uber for food delivery. They have accounts with restaurants and stores in major metropolitan areas across the U.S. where their (Postmates) couriers will pick up and deliver the food to you all you do is order. ( just to give a background of the company)

Postmates is growing so fast that they are looking for independent contractors to log into their portal and basically call in the orders to the restaurants that have been placed via their website and/or app.

Pay is per call. You do NOT have to live in Texas its WFH...To apply follow instructions on the link.

Work from Home as an Independent Contractor
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2015, 08:59 PM
Super WAHM

Great lead! Thanks. Has anyone here worked for them?
Old 03-19-2015, 06:34 AM
WAHM Addict

I'm a little leery about sending my info via a resume with such vague info. Sometimes folks are just looking to collect personal info.

So, I sent an email to the Craigslist address asking for more info & if they hire workers outside of California. I'll keep you posted as to whether or not they respond to me.

ETA - I'm a little confused as to why they need people to call in orders. Can't the person ordering do that themselves? At first I thought it was for drivers to deliver the food to customers.

Last edited by LadyMia; 03-19-2015 at 06:36 AM.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:55 AM
Super WAHM

I used the Craiglist link and never received a response. This one is quicker: [email protected]

I admit the ad was vague, but finding out that it's related to Postmates.com made me feel relieved.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:57 AM
Super WAHM

Found their website: https://postmates.com. Looks interesting
Old 03-19-2015, 09:11 AM
Super WAHM

Default Postmates

I had applied to the ad on CL which didn't have the company's name but I did my background check and just finished filling out my Contract..so I should be starting sometime next week!
This sounds like a cool job.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
I'm a little leery about sending my info via a resume with such vague info. Sometimes folks are just looking to collect personal info.

So, I sent an email to the Craigslist address asking for more info & if they hire workers outside of California. I'll keep you posted as to whether or not they respond to me.

ETA - I'm a little confused as to why they need people to call in orders. Can't the person ordering do that themselves? At first I thought it was for drivers to deliver the food to customers.

LadyMia

They do hire outside of California, I did the interview with them.. Its strictly work from home and very simple.. I also understand your concerns being as the ad was vague but thats why I stated the company. So that you could look them up for yourself.

As far as why ppl cant call in their own orders, I asked myself the same questions.. But its just like cant ppl go to the store and pick up their own groceries.. there are MANY of services out there that I question cant that person do it themselves, but hey if it creates a job for the next person im all for it.

I hope you hear back from them so that you may get more info...

Im just waiting to get the information about using the platform and how it works.

Best of luck to all your you!!!

Keep us posted as I will do the same
Old 03-19-2015, 10:01 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrr88 View Post
I used the Craiglist link and never received a response. This one is quicker: [email protected]

I admit the ad was vague, but finding out that it's related to Postmates.com made me feel relieved.
Thanks for posting this link. I will check it out. Hope I can get on with them.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:02 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMom83 View Post
LadyMia

They do hire outside of California, I did the interview with them.. Its strictly work from home and very simple.. I also understand your concerns being as the ad was vague but thats why I stated the company. So that you could look them up for yourself.

As far as why ppl cant call in their own orders, I asked myself the same questions.. But its just like cant ppl go to the store and pick up their own groceries.. there are MANY of services out there that I question cant that person do it themselves, but hey if it creates a job for the next person im all for it.

I hope you hear back from them so that you may get more info...

Im just waiting to get the information about using the platform and how it works.

Best of luck to all your you!!!

Keep us posted as I will do the same
Yeah, I hear ya. If it creates a job, what the hey??!!! LOL I'll be looking into it more via the link that was supplied by another poster. Glad to get feedback from others on this one.

Thanks for posting the original lead.

Happy Thursday all.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:04 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
I had applied to the ad on CL which didn't have the company's name but I did my background check and just finished filling out my Contract..so I should be starting sometime next week!
This sounds like a cool job.
Cool Codergirl. How long did the process take to get on with them? Do you have to pay for the background check? Did they say how much you would make per call. Let us know how it goes.

Hope to be able to get on with them also.