Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie St. View Post
I went to log into the workbench this morning, but it said not allowed. I can still log into the dashboard and slack, and I can still sign up for shifts. Any idea what might of happened? Today is the start of my second week and I haven't received anything from them other than slack notifications and the schedule ones. I did send an email out to Emily, Haylet, Christiana and Remotesupport, but haven't heard back yet. Is this a common problem for them?
I don't think common is the correct word for this nor is problem as well if I can seriously describe their issue. But to answer to your question, yes it truly is.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2015, 05:46 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLuv View Post
I don't think common is the correct word for this nor is problem as well if I can seriously describe their issue. But to answer to your question, yes it truly is.
Sad part is, you're right, they do just arbitrarily seem to keep people off the platform with no warning.

I'm really quite sadden by this company, they have the potential to be such a great company and provide jobs to people like me who are disabled, but they just have so many issues, I can easily see why they are being sued by multiple people.

I noticed they are offering incentives to people who get high scores like 4.92 or higher.
I did some talking to some folks on other boards and they all said they have heard that a great deal of people are having trouble with the scoring system, so I almost wonder if that incentive was an indicator of how hard a lot of folks are struggling.

I myself continue to be baffled by the scoring system.
Monday I took 26 calls and had a perfect 5.0, and Thursday I took 12 calls and got a 4.0.

I have asked them for feedback because I obviously got a "we're about to kick you off the platform" email.. interestingly enough at the end of it, it asked "Respond to this e-mail within 24 hours to let us know the actions you will take to raise your score."
but yet they never told me in which area am I actually falling behind?

I asked, and of course, no reply.

I'd like to continue on, but I think I'll probably be getting the axe soon as I just can't seem to maintain those high scores.

It's a little frightening and intimidating to not know if I will have a job week to week.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:00 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLuv View Post
I don't blame you at all. I was looking while doing it and have come across a few opportunities in the process. I can see how they are truly "looking into things" at the 'quickness' of unlocking/reactivating Slack's of those who have been affected.
I know it is not just me, or even people just here on this forum. I have a few friends who applied and one of them got an email welcoming them, the manual etc. One never got the info for slack. Two weeks later she got an email saying since she failed the test they were not going to have her work after all. In fact it said she was suspended, yet she had never taken a call.

Another girl I talked to got hired also, got everything taken care of, but no direct dep info so she held off and emailed. They said it was being sent. Again 3 weeks later and multiple emails and she has yet to be able to actually work.

I think that they are either very disorganized, low on funds, or have a horrible set up, or a combination of any of these. Low on funds is a suspicion simply because when I started there were so many slow times and too many logged in. Payroll and the cost of background checks may have become an issue, so what better way to cut back on payroll but to invent an issue like this. Maybe now it is truly out of control and they don't know how to get people back in. Surely many like myself have moved on and are looking for new ways to earn money so those accounts they don't need to worry with. In any case it makes them look unprofessional, and as a consumer myself knowing what I know now I would pass on using them in any way. There are other companies doing what they do, and I just can't say I would trust them to keep personal information safe, when they can't even get their contactors accounts to work.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:35 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemgem526 View Post
I know it is not just me, or even people just here on this forum. I have a few friends who applied and one of them got an email welcoming them, the manual etc. One never got the info for slack. Two weeks later she got an email saying since she failed the test they were not going to have her work after all. In fact it said she was suspended, yet she had never taken a call.

Another girl I talked to got hired also, got everything taken care of, but no direct dep info so she held off and emailed. They said it was being sent. Again 3 weeks later and multiple emails and she has yet to be able to actually work.

I think that they are either very disorganized, low on funds, or have a horrible set up, or a combination of any of these. Low on funds is a suspicion simply because when I started there were so many slow times and too many logged in. Payroll and the cost of background checks may have become an issue, so what better way to cut back on payroll but to invent an issue like this. Maybe now it is truly out of control and they don't know how to get people back in. Surely many like myself have moved on and are looking for new ways to earn money so those accounts they don't need to worry with. In any case it makes them look unprofessional, and as a consumer myself knowing what I know now I would pass on using them in any way. There are other companies doing what they do, and I just can't say I would trust them to keep personal information safe, when they can't even get their contactors accounts to work.
Oh my goodness, your friends sound like what I've been through. I pretty much moved on, and never worked for them at all. I took the test and never heard a reply about the results. But, last nite I received an email from someone name Emily stating I flunked and not a good fit. Then she sent a second email and stated that was an error and apologized. They act like I actually been working for them, and I have never had the opportunity. This has been going on since March, and its sad. I'm like whatever, and pretty much done with the situation.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:01 AM
WAHM Regular

Default No problems so far

I received my slack and workbench info in a timely fashion. Have been taking calls for 2 days now and there were plenty of calls to claim between 8-11pm pst. The merchants have been really nice to talk to.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:43 PM
WAHM Regular

Well after all the wait and wait and wait I decided to move on even before scheduling my first 10 hour shift. I think I got three updates to manual in one week, then the testing email. I got on Slack to just observe and saw people get contradicting answers, if any answers at all. Not for me. If i am going to work without direct supervision, I want to be darn sure I know what I'm doing...not guessing and screwing things up.

I think PM needs to do a conference or online training session, something more than reading the manual. Even if it is unpaid, it would be better than reading a pdf that they constantly change.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:48 AM
Super WAHM

Things are getting better. They are scheduling weekly open forums to discuss things.
Keep in mind policies constantly change. I worked on a catalog campaign and there were constant changes to the manual as the company kept changing their policies. It goes with the territory.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:54 PM
WAHM Regular

I actually enjoy this job a lot. I figure as long as you're willing to role with the punches and just send emails (perhaps follow-up emails if needed) you can get anything you need done. It is an easy job and I have yet to stress about it.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Super WAHM

Yep, it's the least stressful WAH job I've had in my ten years of working from home!
Old 06-07-2015, 08:36 AM
WAHM Regular

I keep getting emails to come to an information session but I don't have a car so can't go. Is there anyway I can interview over the phone instead?