Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-24-2015, 03:30 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheryl318 View Post
I try to make a point of working only the peak hours which I believe are: Friday nite, Saturday nite. Sunday all day and sometimes Monday evenings. Also if you see that its getting busy you can pop on to help out without being scheduled. I managed to make $123 this wk.
This is a good idea and I was doing that some weeks ago. I haven't work in about 1.5 weeks due to Deactivating Errors on their part because of the required test. I remember while working late Friday/Saturday nights how the calls were consistent and not many were logged into Slack at the time.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2015, 05:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyra1 View Post
I have worked in call center customer service for over 10 years. I will be new to Postmates. I notice a lot of complaining on here about CSTAT scores and the clients not speaking good English. One thing I've learned over the years is that you can not allow yourself to be stressed out over processes and procedures and over dealing with difficult people. You have to have a lot of patience when talking to people who speak another language and may not understand English very well. On these types of calls it is going to require the use of good listening skills, talking slowly and a lot of repeating back to make sure that you understand what they are saying and that they understand what you are saying. Don't allow the language barriers to stress you out and try to remember to keep a happy and polite tone through out the call. A lot of times the reason for low scores when dealing with customers is that the customer can sense frustration, hostility, anger on the other end of the line. If you are feeling frustrated by the language barrier, calm down, take a deep break, and use some empathy. Apologize when what you have said, they were unable to understand, and try to find a different way time say it. Its Ok to ask them if they understood, or if they got that, even to repeat it back to you. Remember to use your manners, Thank You is understood universally. Just some of the things I wanted to share that in my experience helps improve customer satisfaction. I hope this helps.
I have been in CS since I was 18, and I'm 45 now. I have never had to deal with anything that was as nit picky as Postmates scoring system.

It's not just about language barriers, they will deduct points for MANY other things.
If you're on hold too long, or take too long on a call, you lose points, if you CoT orders too often, you lose points, if you escalate too often, you lose points, if the order was wrong, you can lose points, if the courier screws up, you can lose points.

There are just way to many variables for their scoring system to be fair on any level.

Being polite, while important, doesn't really go far with a scoring system that nit picks everything you do.
You almost can't win with them no matter how nice you are to the order takers.

Last edited by ahnalia; 05-24-2015 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:38 PM
Super WAHM

I'm used to having a scoring system. The campaign I worked for at NexRep, required you to keep several categories at a certain level.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:43 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnalia View Post
I have been in CS since I was 18, and I'm 45 now. I have never had to deal with anything that was as nit picky as Postmates scoring system.

It's not just about language barriers, they will deduct points for MANY other things.
If you're on hold too long, or take too long on a call, you lose points, if you CoT orders too often, you lose points, if you escalate too often, you lose points, if the order was wrong, you can lose points, if the courier screws up, you can lose points.

There are just way to many variables for their scoring system to be fair on any level.

Being polite, while important, doesn't really go far with a scoring system that nit picks everything you do.
This is so true!
Old 05-24-2015, 07:10 PM
WAHM Regular

Default score

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnalia View Post

There are people on here who also comment that they have no problem meeting the 4.8 score, they must be doing something different than those who aren't meeting it.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:35 PM
Super WAHM

I haven't tried a work such as this. I do mostly clerical or office tasks virtually. It has been quite boring doing it for awhile. This sounds interesting. How's the rate, btw? Good enough?
Old 05-24-2015, 08:00 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebasedwork View Post
I'm used to having a scoring system. The campaign I worked for at NexRep, required you to keep several categories at a certain level.
I don't have a problem itself with the scoring system, I have an issue with the structure of the scoring system. There is none, it needs to be re-done on a fair level as the CS Agent can really get dinged for just about anything based off the Customer's experience. You can call every order in correctly, repeat it to the moon and back but after that it is up to the Merchant to fulfill it correctly, meaning the Order Taker has to place it correct, although they verified it with you, then it goes to the back of the kitchen, it has to be cooked/prepared per instructions/order itself states, and then it needs to be bagged with utensils and whatnot, during any of these steps, anything can go wrong. But wait, it is up to the Courier to get it to the Customer in a specific time, not spilled, cold, spoiled, etc. Between placing the order correctly on your part, the steps afterward depend upon your score for that particular order. With PM being so new, everything itself is like in a 'Beta Version' though everyone is working the real thing.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:05 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyra1 View Post
There are people on here who also comment that they have no problem meeting the 4.8 score, they must be doing something different than those who aren't meeting it.
Week to week the CSTAT scores change, could be up past the require score or could be a few points below, but again, I would love to know your experience once you become Postmaster CS agent to see how you feel then. Hope I'm not coming off as rude as I don't mean to be, but to be in the shoes of one who is actually having the experience than one who is not makes a difference.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:08 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelin View Post
I haven't tried a work such as this. I do mostly clerical or office tasks virtually. It has been quite boring doing it for awhile. This sounds interesting. How's the rate, btw? Good enough?
If it sounds interesting, you should give it a try. I won't discourage anyone who has an interest as it is 'to each their own.' The rate is 35 cents per call you make and the calls you make truly depends upon the hours you schedule. Many work during peak shifts and can garner in good wages but some hours you might not take as many calls as someone who is working during the busy peak times. You can always get on board and try it for a few weeks to see if its good enough for you however.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Another's opinion of CSTAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLuv View Post
Week to week the CSTAT scores change, could be up past the require score or could be a few points below, but again, I would love to know your experience once you become Postmaster CS agent to see how you feel then. Hope I'm not coming off as rude as I don't mean to be, but to be in the shoes of one who is actually having the experience than one who is not makes a difference.
Workplace Like Home also has a forum dedicated Postmates and here is someone's post that I copied to show that not everyone is having a problem with scores. Some people would rather complain than try to do something to correct the issue.

"I know there are quite a few people that are concerned with their CSAT scores. I just wanted to make the offer that if anyone has any questions or wants to bounce around some order scenarios, please feel free to PM me. I don't think posting them here would be a good idea because of the disclosure agreement that we signed. Leads and the "support" email can be a little vague sometimes. I know CSAT really is an order by order basis and it's hard to tell what to do sometimes, but if you follow the basic outlines in the manual and get a little extra guidance for "special scenarios", it really is easy to keep a high enough CSAT score. I do agree though that there needs to be a better way to weed out exactly why the customer rated the way they did (order was wrong, slow delivery, unfriendly Postmate, etc).

I've only had a low CSAT score once (4.79) and that was on my first week. My CSAT score keeps getting better each week (even scoring 5 some days), so I feel that I've got a good grip on things and would love to help. I'd hate to see anyone lose this WAHJ just because they need a little extra guidance"