Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Considering that half the time I sit at my desk just staring at my screen waiting for an order to pop up, I don't think getting paid minimum wage/hourly would be fair since I'm not exactly "working" by sitting there literally doing nothing.

They absolutely do need to make some changes, pay a better rate per calls, and clean up their scheduling and scoring policy.. but over-all I still think it could be a great place to earn extra money in the long run.

With three law suits, I guess we'll all be out of a job soon if they don't make some changes, assuming they lose.
Then we won't be making any money.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2015, 01:36 PM
WAHM Regular

itsanewyear11, I agree with you completely. Postmates can't have their cake and eat it too. If you treat someone as an employee, then they should be employees and you should have the responsibilities to them that all employers are to have to employees per laws. There are some who will settle for anything just to make something whether they're being treated fairly or not. Sitting at my computer while being held to a schedule is most definitely working, if not, I would be spending time with my family.

Last edited by Exotic; 05-12-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Hiring?

[QUOTE=CaliMom83;3249114]Postmates is a fairly new company kind of like Uber for food delivery. They have accounts with restaurants and stores in major metropolitan areas across the U.S. where their (Postmates) couriers will pick up and deliver the food to you all you do is order. ( just to give a background of the company)

Postmates is growing so fast that they are looking for independent contractors to log into their portal and basically call in the orders to the restaurants that have been placed via their website and/or app.

Pay is per call. You do NOT have to live in Texas its WFH...To apply follow instructions on the link.

Work from Home as an Independent Contractor[/QUOTE
Are they still hiring order takers? I cant find it on their website and nothing on craigslist or google.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:33 AM
Super WAHM

Passed the test!
Old 05-15-2015, 11:21 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile Found it.

[QUOTE=Indyra1;3254386]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMom83 View Post
Postmates is a fairly new company kind of like Uber for food delivery. They have accounts with restaurants and stores in major metropolitan areas across the U.S. where their (Postmates) couriers will pick up and deliver the food to you all you do is order. ( just to give a background of the company)

Postmates is growing so fast that they are looking for independent contractors to log into their portal and basically call in the orders to the restaurants that have been placed via their website and/or app.

Pay is per call. You do NOT have to live in Texas its WFH...To apply follow instructions on the link.

Work from Home as an Independent Contractor[/QUOTE
Are they still hiring order takers? I cant find it on their website and nothing on craigslist or google.
I found the link to apply and received my email to schedule an interview.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:01 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebasedwork View Post
Passed the test!
Congrats I passed mine, too. I wasn't super worried though... it's not like it was rocket science lol.

If they would get rid of the scoring system and work out the kinks in scheduling, this would be one of the best little side gigs.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:40 PM
Registered WAHM

Is it really as "easy" as it sounds? It seems too good to be true...
Old 05-15-2015, 03:39 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Postmates.com

I was happy to hear today that I also passed. Most of the answers are in the manual.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennick2004 View Post
Is it really as "easy" as it sounds? It seems too good to be true...
It's pretty easy most of the time.

The only time it's really not easy is when you get an order taker who can't speak English, and there is a lot of communication errors. Those always worry me because they can affect your score and get you kicked off the platform =/

It can also be a bit boring when there are 40+ people logged in and the orders only trickle in and you have to sit there giving the screen your undivided attention just to capture 1 order every 10 minutes.

Otherwise it's not a bad gig, they just have a lot of kinks to work out.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:59 AM
WAHM Addict

Default IC vs Employees

What things make this an employee job rather than IC, I have not started. Is it the CSAT Requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic View Post
itsanewyear11, I agree with you completely. Postmates can't have their cake and eat it too. If you treat someone as an employee, then they should be employees and you should have the responsibilities to them that all employers are to have to employees per laws. There are some who will settle for anything just to make something whether they're being treated fairly or not. Sitting at my computer while being held to a schedule is most definitely working, if not, I would be spending time with my family.