Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:51 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanthalynnep View Post
What day do you normally get paid on? I approved my pay on Saturday and I know it said 24-48 hours. Which day does it hit your banks?
I approved my pay Saturday evening. I just checked and my pay started pending at 4:54 AM this morning (Monday). It depends on your bank how long it takes to be in your account. Some banks are slower.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2015, 12:23 PM
WAHM Regular

I was not on her for a few days I found out that the email was blocked cause I sent the email and got a error message that said my email was not allowed and could not be delivered tried it a few times same result.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:46 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Payroll

I usually get mine on Tuesday AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:20 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Anyone interested?

I have started a law suit against Post Mates for the cust care dept that they are taking advantage of people under. There is a separate law suit that the couriers have started suing for unfair practices, not getting at least minimum wage and a host of other things. My case is similar as with all the rules that they are wanting the chat, the CSAT score, Staying there waiting to get a order for hours, using our own phones, those that might have had to pay long distance or buy other things for the job and a few other things. There is not to join in the suit if they do not win they do not charge if they win what they are asking for then they take 1/3 of that money and distribute the rest. It is not fair for these companies to do this to people we should be employees just cause we work from home does not make us less important. If interested let me know thanks!
Old 05-11-2015, 09:39 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsanewyear11 View Post
I have started a law suit against Post Mates for the cust care dept that they are taking advantage of people under. There is a separate law suit that the couriers have started suing for unfair practices, not getting at least minimum wage and a host of other things. My case is similar as with all the rules that they are wanting the chat, the CSAT score, Staying there waiting to get a order for hours, using our own phones, those that might have had to pay long distance or buy other things for the job and a few other things. There is not to join in the suit if they do not win they do not charge if they win what they are asking for then they take 1/3 of that money and distribute the rest. It is not fair for these companies to do this to people we should be employees just cause we work from home does not make us less important. If interested let me know thanks!
Looks as if Pmates is being sued by a lot of other people as well. Here is a link to a recent lawsuit about to be brought against them:

Homejoy, Postmates workers sue to be reclassified as employees - San Francisco Chronicle

Wonder what will happen to them?
Old 05-11-2015, 09:49 PM
WAHM Regular

I'd be happy if they would just get rid of that stupid scoring system and come up with a better way for us to claim orders. After like a 1-2 week trial, anyone who has a decent score should be taken off scoring as you obviously know by then what you're doing.

They need a system that queues us to take an order as it comes in, and after you complete and order, you are placed back in the queue or something, instead of camping your screen hoping to grab an order.

I'm fine with using my own phone. I'm fine with using Google chrome, ect. my only real complaints is the scoring system and the way people have to scramble to compete for orders.

I guess the pay could be a little better, too, but I'm not in a position to be picky about what I make because right now, every penny helps.

Last edited by ahnalia; 05-11-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Default lawsuits

I am not being picky if I work for myself then I should not be held to a scoring system, have to be in chat, work a certain schedule and should be able to set my own rates. The wages that they are paying for all that they expect you to do our crazy. You are not making more than $3-$5 an hour we need at least minimum wage. It is similar to child labor wages I feel that they are taking advantage of people I have a regular job this was a side gig but I feel that they need to treat their workers better. The link that was posted for the law suit is the same attorney I contacted and that is the first law suit brought against them by couriers mine is the second case brought against them so far.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:40 AM
WAHM Regular

That is the same attorney that I contacted and the first case is the couriers that were not getting what they were told they would make.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:49 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsanewyear11 View Post
I am not being picky if I work for myself then I should not be held to a scoring system, have to be in chat, work a certain schedule and should be able to set my own rates. The wages that they are paying for all that they expect you to do our crazy. You are not making more than $3-$5 an hour we need at least minimum wage. It is similar to child labor wages I feel that they are taking advantage of people I have a regular job this was a side gig but I feel that they need to treat their workers better. The link that was posted for the law suit is the same attorney I contacted and that is the first law suit brought against them by couriers mine is the second case brought against them so far.
I worked for another company that had a scoring system we had to maintain no matter how long you had been employed there. It's to keep people from being complacent.
Who cares if we have to be in chat? Don't look at it, if you are so bothered by it. Set your own rates of pay? Good luck with that!! Work a certain schedule...meh 10 hours is nothing a lot of WAH companies require 20 hours a week.

Do they need to raise the pay? Yes, but keep in mind if they aren't busy it really won't do much good.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:23 AM
WAHM Regular

It is hard for some people to understand when you are a independent contractor you are technically in charge of yourself that means you set your hours, rates and rules. As a independent contractor you have to pay your own taxes and recently it has become a way for companies to pay us slave wages yet set the same rules we would have if we were EMPLOYEES therefore we should be treated as such and paid at least minimum wage. Including getting OT if we are there over 40 hours a week pay we are entitled too. If you want to be treated like a lower class wage earner go for it I am tired of them taking advantage of folks it is time to make a change working from home is a great opportunity and we should have the same rights the folks working at the call center have they make $15 per hour doing the same thing we are doing the difference is they go to the office. Hell even the folks working the fields get paid more and they are paid per vine pound etc but they also get unemployment in the off season and must be paid minimum if commission is below that amount. Read up on the labor laws or just keep being a work mule for pennies if that is what you feel is better then wonder why you cannot make ends meet even though you are sitting at the desk 40 - 60 hours a week.