Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:25 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic View Post
That's not accurate. I worked both weekend days, and I have no bonus.
I've never even seen Pmates offer any bonuses. I received my report and my CSAT which was below the 4.84 for the 1st time. I work my butt off getting those orders correct, so I wish I knew what we get dinged for. I'm sorry to say Pmates is a little distressing with this rating system. I know there are times I have questions about escalating something & no one will answer when I post the questions on the chat room. I have no choice but to escalate as I don't want to place the order incorrectly. And really they can't expect us to wait 5 or more mins for an answer. I mean we only get paid 35 cents per call.

Anyway, I am so loving Door Dash. Their bonuses for the late night weekends for Fri & Sat make this job worth my while. They just handed out an excellent bonus tonight for working during the peak shifts. I made over $100 just for 5 hours work. I'm afraid I may just give up Pmates, although I did want to hold onto it. But the rating system is just too much, when I know I work hard to get those orders placed correctly for them. I don't know what else they want.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2015, 09:30 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebasedwork View Post
They hardly ever pay bonuses for weekend hours. DD does all the time.
I start next week. Hours are very hard to get.......
Yep, DD is great to work for. They always have incentives to keep us working. Pmates not so much. To me they expect a lot for only 35 cents. That rating system has to go. It seems many are not able to keep a 4.84 rating every week. Mine was below for the 1st time since I started. And I'm really not going to stress myself out trying to keep it up. I guess if it's below this week, I may get the axe.

No worries, Door Dash is panning out to be the better of the two to work for on a regular basis. They have great bonuses and incentives. Door Dash is definitely the bombjob.com.

Happy weekend all.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:20 AM
Super WAHM

Is it me or are the Slack messages totally contradicting the manual they sent out for training? It is confusing the heck out of me.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:06 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Is it me or are the Slack messages totally contradicting the manual they sent out for training? It is confusing the heck out of me.
NO, it's not just you. Yes, they do contradict what is in the manual & that's why I'm upset also. It causes confusion, people don't answer your questions & it just makes them look as if they don't know what they are doing. Hopefully, they'll get it together soon. They have to know that Door Dash is their competitor. To their defense though they did just start this at-home position, so lots of kinks still need to be worked out. They really need to get rid of the rating system as it is very unfair. In time, I hope they see this & raise their pay per call also.

It isn't fair to be expected to take so much time out on a call and only get to complete 10 orders an hour. No one wants to work for less than minimum wage that's for sure.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
NO, it's not just you. Yes, they do contradict what is in the manual & that's why I'm upset also. It causes confusion, people don't answer your questions & it just makes them look as if they don't know what they are doing. Hopefully, they'll get it together soon. They have to know that Door Dash is their competitor. To their defense though they did just start this at-home position, so lots of kinks still need to be worked out. They really need to get rid of the rating system as it is very unfair. In time, I hope they see this & raise their pay per call also.

It isn't fair to be expected to take so much time out on a call and only get to complete 10 orders an hour. No one wants to work for less than minimum wage that's for sure.
My first shift is Tuesday and I don't feel prepared at all. I mean how hard is it to place a food order? Apparently it is hard!! LOL!
Old 05-03-2015, 01:51 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
I've never even seen Pmates offer any bonuses. I received my report and my CSAT which was below the 4.84 for the 1st time. I work my butt off getting those orders correct, so I wish I knew what we get dinged for. I'm sorry to say Pmates is a little distressing with this rating system. I know there are times I have questions about escalating something & no one will answer when I post the questions on the chat room. I have no choice but to escalate as I don't want to place the order incorrectly. And really they can't expect us to wait 5 or more mins for an answer. I mean we only get paid 35 cents per call.

Anyway, I am so loving Door Dash. Their bonuses for the late night weekends for Fri & Sat make this job worth my while. They just handed out an excellent bonus tonight for working during the peak shifts. I made over $100 just for 5 hours work. I'm afraid I may just give up Pmates, although I did want to hold onto it. But the rating system is just too much, when I know I work hard to get those orders placed correctly for them. I don't know what else they want.

Is Door Dash currently hiring? I went to their website and seen nothing for a remote order placer
Old 05-03-2015, 01:54 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemah View Post
Is Door Dash currently hiring? I went to their website and seen nothing for a remote order placer
As far as I know, they aren't hiring at the moment, but that may change. I believe they are acquiring more business & may open up the hiring again maybe in another few weeks. I'll post on this board if I hear anything, but I'll post it under the Door Dash thread..
Old 05-03-2015, 01:55 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
My first shift is Tuesday and I don't feel prepared at all. I mean how hard is it to place a food order? Apparently it is hard!! LOL!
It's not hard to place the orders at all. Just take your time & you'll be fine. Just keep the manual handy & if you have any issues ask in the chat room.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:30 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMom83 View Post
Postmates is a fairly new company kind of like Uber for food delivery. They have accounts with restaurants and stores in major metropolitan areas across the U.S. where their (Postmates) couriers will pick up and deliver the food to you all you do is order. ( just to give a background of the company)

Postmates is growing so fast that they are looking for independent contractors to log into their portal and basically call in the orders to the restaurants that have been placed via their website and/or app.

Pay is per call. You do NOT have to live in Texas its WFH...To apply follow instructions on the link.

Work from Home as an Independent Contractor
CaliMom, this is very interesting. So they have a courier service delivering food to you from restaurants, and this job allows you to work from home simply calling the restaurants to place the orders?
Sounds pretty simple. How much can you earn?
Old 05-03-2015, 03:43 PM
WAHM Regular

My experience with Postmates so far has been some ups, mostly downs.

The pro is that the scheduling is flexible, you can tinker with your hours almost as much as you want.
People post swaps all the time, so if you want extra, they pop up a lot.
The people that run the CS department are really nice.

The at being said there are several cons.

1. I went for 2 hours last night and couldn't claim a single ticket. 512 people were logged into Slack.

2. The rating system.. that just plain stinks. I have noticed that 98% of the calls I make wind up being to people who barely speak any English at all. This is probably the hardest part of the job. I try very hard to speak very clearly, but a lot of the time, their accent is so thick that I can not understand them, or vice versa. They need to take that into consideration for their rating system because most all of the orders I seem to get are for Asian or Indian food.

I do not like the rating system at all because of this fact, and think that it will wind up biting Postmates in the butt if they don't ditch that system.
I have not fallen below the required 4.78 -yet- but that rating looming over my head is very stressful.

3. Scheduling hours, while it is extremely flexible, I have found that most of the time, especially with the May 4th-10th schedule, all the slots were completely full by time I check it. How am I supposed to commit to 10 hours if all the shifts are full by then?
They specifically say you MUST sign up for at least 10 hours, but on the schedule the hours I could work were almost all gone.
I have to cross my fingers and hope that some swaps come open in the time slot I can work in.

4. The manual and slack leaders often contradict one another, and sometimes you don't get an answer to questions.

I think once they hammer all the kinks out, though this will still be a great little gig for extra money.

Last edited by ahnalia; 05-03-2015 at 03:59 PM.