Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:50 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Appointment Setter Wanted-Work From Home (DFW)

Has anyone ever seen this ad on craigslist or ever worked for this person. I'm getting some strange vibes abut the job. I just started last week and was told by this lady that hired me, that she had two other people working that have been there over 3 years. In that case if that we're true, why are you trying to get me to work both shifts: Thur-Sunday 6p to 9p and Mon-Thurs 6p to 9p? It doesn't sound like she has anybody working besides me. Now, all of a sudden she calls me today saying that she is not able to add the money I earned to my bank account debit card because something is still pending and will have to mail a check. Then today she wants me to work Monday's shift again which is not even my shift, but you're suppose to have all these other people working for you and I'm doing all the work. This doesn't 't sound right or should I say sounds kinda fishy to me.
Has anyone ever worked for this person before and if so, was your experience good or bad? Any information would help! This is what the ad says on craigslist :

This is a great opportunity for someone to earn some extra $$ and work from home.
This position would be much easier to explain over the phone but I will give you the gist of it...
You will be calling people who registered for a drawing and offering them to come see a fire safety program and eat a complimentary dinner, at well known restaurants around the DFW area. This is NOT cold calling, these people actually registered their name in a drawing.
REQUIREMENTS (Please do not respond if you do not have ALL the requirements):
-Phone with unlimited long distance
-Internet access (high speed connection)
-Quite place to work
-YOU MUST BE ABLE TO WORK EITHER
MON-THUR OR THUR-SUN--NO EXCEPTIONS.
Although hours are very flexible, you must be able to work 6-9 PM.

If you would like to discuss further details of this position, please give me a call (it is OK to call after 5). Mitzi
...-...-.... Please leave a message
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2014, 03:22 AM
WAHM Regular

If she only has two people who have been working there for a while, That, itself is a red flag. What's the name of the company?
Old 04-29-2014, 05:28 AM
Super WAHM

The ad in itself to me is a red flag, just by the way that she has it worded. Very strange. I would tell her that you cannot work until you have received payment for the work that you have already done for her. End of story. This I think will show her true colors, because she will either pay you or she won't. Then you will know for sure. Also, if you have her name and or her company name, Google it and or check her out the best that you can and are able to. Just my 2 cents.

Good Luck and I hope that you are able to get paid or get away from her whatever the case may be.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:37 AM
WAHM Regular

I don't now anything about this person or company, but the woman seems to be waving a few red flags, to me. She may not be intentionally trying to scam you, but she does not seem to have her act together. I don't care how well a gig pays or how much I enjoy doing it - I'm not working 7 days a week on a continual basis for anyone. (I have worked 7 or more days in a row, but that was my choice and not an expectation on the part of an employer or client.) Expecting you to work regularly without taking a day off is not reasonable, especially since she isn't paying you!!

Every person has a different threshold for what is acceptable; personally, I would cease working for this woman immediately and find something else. I would tell her she has 5 business days to get the money into my bank account as originally promised, or the debt will go to collection (and then I would follow up on that statement). Then, if the check actually arrived in my mail before the end of 5 business days, I would run to the nearest bank, cash it, and find a less stressful gig.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

Last edited by LuvWAHLife; 04-29-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:43 AM
Awesome WAHM

That is really odd. I would definitely not work anymore until I got paid.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:43 PM
Registered WAHM

Location: I live in Central Texas, but was born and raised in Cali.

I'm not really liking her vibe, but as someone that presently works in a bank...if they mail you a check please please please make sure you use your noggin to ensure it's not a fake check.

If the check asks you for a portion sent back via Money Gram or Western Union, it's fake.

If the check looks a little funky (weird punctuation, no letter or breakdown attached to it verifying hours worked....scam.

If it's sent via FedEx or UPS and it's in a package KEEP THE PACKAGE and cross verify the address and company via google search.

Finally, if it looks too good to be true it's probably because it is.
I've seen many times how customers work jobs and are given fat checks which far exceed what they're supposed to earn and it ends up being a fake check but because they spent lots of money from it they owe the bank thousands.

Please just be careful.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default hey

I saw that ad too on CL somewhere. I have worked for someone who didn't pay me at all and stated a bunch of lies.It was suppose to be weekly pay...Don't keep working for this lady.Tell her you need your money now and go look for something else..
Old 04-29-2014, 05:54 PM
WAHM Regular

At first glance it looks like her existing employees don't want to work during the dinner hour anymore and she is trying to abuse your good nature, which is bad enough. But now she is not paying you? Run for the hills!
Old 04-30-2014, 05:42 AM
WAHM Regular

I am in dfw and have seen this same ad many times on cl for a while now and have called and left messages and never a response back so I have wondered all alone if its some type of scam..At any rate I would not continue to work for her.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:17 AM
WAHM Regular

I would be very skeptic of that one. The other posters have pointed out plenty of red flags already.