Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:36 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Basecamp Hiring Customer Support

Okay, so I am posting this for a couple reasons; first, it is a legitimate work from home job opening. Second, I wanted you guys to be able to see the examples of applications submitted by their current employees. This is what we are up against!

I have not applied.. I would love to work for this company, and honestly feel like I am qualified to do the job really well; but admit I am both inspired and intimidated by the application process.

Basecamp
Headquarters: Chicago, IL
http://basecamp.com
We’re still looking for one more super smart support team member! Specifically, we're seeking a native English speaker in Asian or Australian timezones to work Saturday through Wednesday, roughly 7pm-4am Chicago time (UTC-5).

You’ll be responsible for providing tremendous customer service via email and phone for Basecamp, Basecamp Classic, Highrise, Backpack, and Campfire. You’ll also help us answer questions via Twitter, create and edit help documentation, and maybe run some online classes.

During training, you'll be expected to be proactive in your process and learn quickly. Once fully up-to-speed (2-3 months), you'll answer about 75 emails per day. This is a significant volume, so be sure that you’re ready and able to deal with that kind of daily load -- you'll get all the love and help you need along the way!

We’re looking for some great writers who love helping our customers, so you should enjoy making complicated situations simple and painless and have a passion for our products. This means being a great problem solver with the ability to process and resolve issues quickly.

If you want to join Chase, Chris, Emily, James, Jim, Joan, JorDanée, Kristin, Merissa, Natalie, and Tony in making our customers happy, please apply!

How to apply

We encourage everyone to get creative with their applications. Here are examples of applications by people who still work at Basecamp:

James G., Support - 37 Reasons To Hire Me

Ann G., Support and QA - anngoliak.com

Jason Z., Design - Hi, I?m Jason.

Please submit a cover letter explaining:

Why you want to work in customer support.
Why you want to work at Basecamp and not somewhere else.
A description of a great customer service/support experience you had recently, and what made it great.
A time you taught yourself a new skill to complete a job or project.
A comprehensive how-to guide on making your favorite sandwich.

Also, pick three of the questions from customers below and answer them like you would if you worked here:

Does the new Basecamp offer time tracking?
Is the new Basecamp offered in any other language besides English?
I've been a Basecamp Classic user for years and see you have a new version. What's the difference between the versions, and why should I switch?
Is there a reporting function in the new Basecamp?

We offer heaps of lovely benefits, a progressive work environment, and a competitive salary.

Note: This is not a position for designers/programmers who are looking to work their way into another job at Basecamp; we are solely looking for someone interested in and dedicated to supporting our customers. Do not send LinkedIn resume links. If you don't fit the specific criteria, please do not apply.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Tell a friend
Tweet this job
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on We Work Remotely. Let us know if this job isn’t really remote.

APPLY FOR THIS POSITION

Email everything to [email protected]. Include “Customer Support” and your location in the subject line. If you’re attaching a resume, please send it as a PDF.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2014, 08:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Um. Wow. Just...WOW!
Old 04-27-2014, 08:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Okay, more than just "WOW". I suddenly feel like I really suck at submitting just my dry toast resume for jobs. I'm truly humbled.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:31 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzSassyPants View Post
Okay, more than just "WOW". I suddenly feel like I really suck at submitting just my dry toast resume for jobs. I'm truly humbled.
Same! I think it's time to upgrade my resume - maybe even multi-media...

Feeling old. Sigh.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:14 PM
WAHM Regular

It is inspiring. It is also exactly what a startup company is looking for. Those CVs display a lot of initiative and design smarts, but not a lot of paid experience.