Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:02 PM
WAHM Regular

Exclamation Sedgwick...Any Insiders???

I got a call today to complete an assestment. Im currently training with ABC Financial and its good so far. No weekend work, decent pay and raises available. Sedgwick wants one weekend day with a little increase in pay. Anyone have the good, bad and ugly on Sedgwick...
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2014, 07:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Are they still hiring? Do you have a link for the job posting? Trying to find something and this sounds pretty good. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:20 PM
WAHM Regular

google them and search remote to find the job she called from TN HTH
Old 04-20-2014, 11:24 AM
WAHM Regular

Well if the other job has weekends off and you are okay with the pay I would see how it plays out. When you are on the phones with Sedgwick you do work weekends. How much of the weekend depends on the shift you pick. They do have a 4 X 10 option that requires you work both weekend days. You do get merit raises once a year with them. As for the good, bad, and the ugly that will depend on a lot of different factors. Like who your team lead is, your qa coach, how well you understood your training, etc. As with most work at home jobs you have to be able to catch on quickly.

On another forum the company does have a folder you can look through all the old posts about everyone's experience. Even the company you are training with now has a few threads there of people's experience in training.

It seems like as soon as you get a job everyone comes out of the woodwork with interest. Just try to look at what you will actually be doing and if it is something that you can see yourself doing long term? That may help you decide between the two if it comes to that.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:19 PM
WAHM Regular

You are so right about everyone coming when you already have an offer. I think I am going to stay with ABC really like no weekends just hate mandatory OT ughh. Guess no company is perfect. Sedgwick sounded interesting. I wanted to see how processing the claims went
Old 05-17-2014, 03:14 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Sedgwick

Is there anyone working with this company now? How is training was invited to do the assessment and really excited about working for the company.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:40 AM
WAHM Regular

The training is a little different now from what I heard. I think they have people called mentors (other phone reps) giving you tips your first week on the phones. Usually, training is two weeks, followed by a final test, and certification. If you take good notes on where to look for information, and the different types of claims we do and when we do them you will be fine.

The main goal of this job is to make sure we are filing the right type of business for the caller based on the company they represent and what they tell you. To make sure you are filing the right type of business you need to know enough about the types of claims we do in order to know what questions to ask. In training they will go over different types of probing questions. It is not hard... you just have to know the rules and follow them.

Once, hired the company tells you the basics on what you need to do the job. Some things are just going to come from doing it over and over. There are so many companies we service that it is going to be hard for everything to be covered in training. So, make sure you pay attention to how to use the resources available to you. You have a few months to meet the metrics, but if you don't they will develop a plan of action to help you improve. You do seem to get a couple of strikes with them.

HTH and hoping you join us soon!

Last edited by email81; 05-17-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:09 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Sedgwicks

I am so excited about joining, I've just completed the assessment along with application and background check I guess I will be waiting on the results. Also, Im am not sure if the company does a credit check, since I loss my job 2 years ago bills haven't been paid on time and I have a couple of small collections and is wondering if that will prohibit me from getting the job. I really hope not cause I really do need it
Old 05-17-2014, 10:39 AM
WAHM Regular

I really do not think that credit is a factor. I had a bankruptcy when the economy crashed in 2008 and I got in.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:55 AM
Registered WAHM

Ok, well I am not going to worry as much Im just so excited Its been a long road for me I am ready to just get into things. Thanks for the info