Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:14 AM
WAHM Regular

Default New Paid Writing Platform - eZdia

I just came across this yesterday. They are looking for freelance writers for various types of writing assignments:

"writing assignments consist of anything from short blog posts, product descriptions, topical articles, tastemaker articles and buyers guides. The word count varies from 150 words up to 2000, depending on the type of content that is required. For instance, a buyers guide is usually around 1,500 words whereas a product description can be as little as 150 words.

Compensation varies from $1-$150 per item, depending on the amount of research, writing and editing required."

Quality Content @ Scale | eZdia
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Super WAHM

Thanks for posting this, Ibellamy. These rates seem very competitive and fair. I am looking for new writing eggs, since Textbroker seems to be taking a vacation at the moment, lol, and they are my primary egg. I spend about 75% of my time on TB, and even my DO and TO clients are dry at the moment, so I think this is a great opportunity.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Grand WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse-onality View Post
These rates seem very competitive and fair. I am looking for new writing eggs, since Textbroker seems to be taking a vacation at the moment, lol, and they are my primary egg. I spend about 75% of my time on TB, and even my DO and TO clients are dry at the moment, so I think this is a great opportunity.
I agree. The rates do seem very fair and it's always good to have multiple eggs in case one dries up.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Super WAHM

I already heard back from them after applying this morning! I am being invited for the product description project initially. After I submit my sample, they will evaluate it (they emphasized that minor mistakes are ok) and if they like it I will be on the project permanently. Either way, they will pay for the sample whether I am accepted or not, and they have lots of other projects available should I be declined for this one (although I have TONS of PD experience, which may be why I was selected as I highlighted that in my resume).

The email did state that they pay every Monday via Paypal ONLY for approved work from the prior week, like TB. AND, the PD project pays .02 per word....not bad at all! ::fingers crossed::
Old 07-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Super WAHM

...although the welcome email is great, I am having issues with clicking on the signup links. Both links provided give a proxy error when clicked, and I can't see any way around it to signup. The deadline for completion of the sample is tonight, so I am wondering if anyone else has been invited to the project and if, they too, are having issues with the signup link? I have contacted the point of contact for this project, so I will update as soon as possible.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Super WAHM

The signup page glitch was a system-wide error and is fixed now! Good luck to everyone involved in the process or applying!
Old 07-18-2013, 01:48 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile

Yay!! Good luck to everyone who has applied!
Old 07-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Super WAHM

Default The sample?

I do have some voluntary pieces online out there, but I've never APPLIED for a writing gig before this will be my first time. Where it says to provide a writing sample, it says to tell them about anything...any advice on exactly what sort of a sample I should leave? I'm pretty confident in my writing ability but I'm worried I'll leave something too casual. Should I talk about myself resume style or something?
Old 07-18-2013, 08:09 PM
Super WAHM

This does sound like it could be another good egg in the basket...

I like that they handled their tech glitches in a timely manner ;-)
Old 07-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Super WAHM

I submitted a fashion-based sample from my Textbroker author profile page and told them it was from my profile page. Based on that TB sample and my listed areas of expertise, they wanted me to apply for the product description project. The writer instructions are all very clear, and I wrote the sample in about half an hour....I normally wouldn't take that long for a $5 project, but I wanted to make sure it was perfect. (In the future, I will probably do 3 or 4 per hour, or more, if possible).

After only an hour or two after submission, they approved me for the PD project! He immediately sent me 5 more PDs to write, which I am about to write today. He informed me that the editor was very impressed with my writing, and encouraged me to get started on the next 5. It seems VERY interactive. If I know I want or need to complete more than 5, I am sure I could email and ask for more work to be loaded to my writer desk with ease. He informed me that I would be paid promptly Monday for yesterday's completed sample, and after I do the 5 today, if they are approved, I may get paid for those on Monday too.

They are superb with fast correspondence, rating and editing turnaround times, so I am beyond impressed! They did fix all of the technical glitches quickly, and they even emailed me to apologize for it and let me know they were actively working on it and would email when it was finished...and they did.

Considering how desolate Textbroker is right now, this is definitely a refreshing alternative, and there are apparently LOTS of other projects that they add you to and consider you for, so I hope they continue to grow, because they are a VERY professional company in my opinion.