Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:04 AM
WAHM Regular

Question How fast does Scribie's waiting list move?

So, I got an email from Scribie and I'm in. There's only one problem... I'm like # 2170 in line for a job with them LOL. The estimated wait in 247 days.

Are they serious? Anybody have any recent experience with how fast the list moves? If the waiting list is that long, why still recruit?

Any information would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Founder of WAH Stars

That's insane. I have test files waiting for me with Scribie but I've not found one where I can actually hear what they are saying. If the wait is truly that long then yeah, why bother recruiting more people. That is telling me to not even bother taking any of the tests. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizmaster View Post
So, I got an email from Scribie and I'm in. There's only one problem... I'm like # 2170 in line for a job with them LOL. The estimated wait in 247 days.

Are they serious? Anybody have any recent experience with how fast the list moves? If the waiting list is that long, why still recruit?

Any information would be appreciated!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:05 AM
WAHM Regular

I just applied at Scribie too.

I have to wait for One Business day for them to review my application.

And yes it says there are over 2200+ applications before mine and it will take around 250 days for my turn to give it a shot haha lol

Well anyway, in a year from now i got myself a job man

Im hoping that my English skills and my 3 months experience at TranscribeMe will impress them to speed things up.

I know the pay rate is terrible, i know that i will be hurting the industry, i know, i've read it all here on WAHM. But honestly i want to be able to work when i want, NO Deadlines. And it's not even a job, my plan is to do 1 Transcription of 6 minutes per day. In that case i would be able to do 3 hours per month which would bring in $30 dollars + the $10 dollar bonus if one does 3 hours per month would bring in $40 Dollars per month and that's taking it eaaasy...

Don't get me wrong, i won't be leaving it at that, im always on the lookout for other transcription sites following the same "routine" as TranscribeMe and Scribie. Short files, work whenever you want. For international transcribers. Paying through paypal. Those are my requirements...

Anyway, thanks for reading (if anyone does)

Update: oh yeah, i forgot, they also have a referral program which could bring in some money if i can get a couple of referrals, you know, in 2 years from now when and if they get hired

And also if one has a good grade and is promoted to reviewer the earnings can be doubled because you can transcribe and straiight away review your own transcription and be paid double for both actions. They have some sort of a grading system i gotta learn.

Anyway, just thought to update because i forgot before. So that would make for a great transcriber (im still a newb) $30 per month + $30 if promoted to reviewer which is $60 per month plus $10 bonus or maybe $20 bonus if they also give a $10 bonus for 3 hours of reviewed monthly transcriptions. So 6 minutes of transcription per day, say 30 minutes daily, would make $70-80 Dollars per month for a good transcriber...

I won't say what is or isn't because this is just information i got off of their website. But if things are as they say, it definitely has potential. And if one can also get a few active referrals... You know, correct me if im wrong on any of this...

Ou ou haha last thing, they say that the "requirement" is to have less that 2 mistake per 10 words.. Whaaat?
On transcribeme the "requirement" is 2 mistakes per 100 words and im doing pretty good over there. I mean it almost sounds too easy this scribie thing, anyway, time will tell...

Last edited by everydayz; 06-09-2013 at 03:16 AM.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:26 AM
WAHM Regular

Hmm.. Looking at it, i should have started my own thread, i wasn't planning this to be half as long as it ended being... hmmm sorry OP

Anyway, what's done is done...

Any responses would be appreciated. I know there are surely some awesome transcribers on this forum and i would like to hear any comment they have to share with me.

Thanks
Old 06-09-2013, 06:25 AM
Registered WAHM

I have to wait for One Business day for them to review my application.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:22 AM
WAHM Regular

Well... My application got accepted and i was told to read the guidelines etc...

This is what's up now.

Waiting List Number: 2130
Estimated Waiting Period: 230 days

So we'll continue this next year hahahaha

Tags
scribie, wait, waiting list