Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 PM
WAHM Regular

FYI, NextWave Advocacy is apparently linked to the GOP.

And, if you're a Democrat, you'll likely not want to work for OnPoint whatsoever: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/0...-Jack-Abramoff

Last edited by ShamWatch; 08-08-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default You are 100% Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamWatch View Post
This post shows that working for VA might be legally problematic: http://www.wahm.com/forum/virtual-as...ork-there.html See the post from "TinaMarie"

Apparently, the deal is contact is made to "for sale by owner" sellers calling on behalf of a real estate investor --- in other words, soliciting real estate. That's the potential legal issue, as a real estate license is apparently required in many jurisdictions to do so.

In Ohio, for instance: "authorized members or officers shall include any member or officer whose authority may be implied or apparent by virtue of their capacity with said partnership, association, corporation, limited liability company, or limited liability partnership and shall not be limited to those with express authority to so act. Members or officers vested with such implied authority, or having apparent authority, to perform the functions of a real estate broker or salesperson on behalf of the organization must be licensed as a real estate broker or salesperson. - Lawriter - OAC - Chapter 1301:5-3 Broker Licensing
I use to work as an Administrator at a Real Estate company and when I left, I thought about starting an Apartment Locating business. Before I did it, I contacted our state's Real Estate Commission and found out that I couldn't do it. I was told that I could not talk to anyone concerning any kind of property without a Real Estate license or working under someone's Broker license as an employee. This is the case within some states.. so you are 100% right.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:02 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamWatch View Post
This post shows that working for VA might be legally problematic: http://www.wahm.com/forum/virtual-as...ork-there.html See the post from "TinaMarie"

Apparently, the deal is contact is made to "for sale by owner" sellers calling on behalf of a real estate investor --- in other words, soliciting real estate. That's the potential legal issue, as a real estate license is apparently required in many jurisdictions to do so.

In Ohio, for instance: "authorized members or officers shall include any member or officer whose authority may be implied or apparent by virtue of their capacity with said partnership, association, corporation, limited liability company, or limited liability partnership and shall not be limited to those with express authority to so act. Members or officers vested with such implied authority, or having apparent authority, to perform the functions of a real estate broker or salesperson on behalf of the organization must be licensed as a real estate broker or salesperson. - Lawriter - OAC - Chapter 1301:5-3 Broker Licensing
I remember this being brought up at some point in the past over at Work Place Like Home, one of the employees of Virtual Office VA Staffing chimed in over there and said this about it:

"We are not doing real estate transactions, therefore we are not breaking any laws. We are not putting buyers and sellers together. We are simply "fact finders" for a buyer. If we were to be finding buyers for sellers, then we would be breaking the laws. The investor is a buyer looking for properties."

There's a lot of back and forth discussion about it there, you can read through the full thread here if you want:
http://www.workplacelikehome.com/for...censing&page=2

Still, because the real estate laws vary so much from state to state, I would have to agree that to be on the safe side you should probably contact your state's real estate licensing division and explain the nature of the job if you do not have a real estate license. You wouldn't want to risk getting a fine.

Last edited by khristal23; 08-09-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:06 AM
WAHM Regular

Love this post!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:23 AM
WAHM Regular

Some people can do the VA Staffing work without a license and some can't. There is interstate realty issues too. If you break the law and are caught fines can be very high. This type of work has a name and it is not virtual assisting. It is illegal in some states. They say it is not illegal and does not require a license but that is not true for every state. Everyone has to find out if it is legal where they are and where they call. I am familiar with this type of work.

Some people said they did the training and worked for free on the training client but never got a client that they get paid to work for. They said the training client is a real client but you do not get paid for working on it. When they finished they never got a paying client.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:55 PM
WAHM Regular

I work for TelCare and we are using Skype now.
They are in Boca and do require you to train at the office.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireGroup View Post
I work for TelCare and we are using Skype now.
They are in Boca and do require you to train at the office.
Thanks for the info!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Awesome WAHM

Added Lifebushido to the list, they emailed me back and said that land line, cell, or Voip were fine depending on call quality
Old 09-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Perception Strategies

Can you use VOIP when working for Perception Strategies? Thanks in advance!

-Joan
Old 09-05-2012, 04:21 AM
WAHM Regular

I work for TeleNetwork - no land line required. I did my phone interview on my cell phone and when I started working, they installed a soft phone onto my computer.