Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:25 AM
WAHM Regular

Default fittytown scam?

Has anyone here had a positive experience with fittytown?
I posted some gigs on there and made some sales, but now, after 3 months, I still can not withdraw the 120.00 they owe me.
I have poured over the site looking for anything to indicate why my funds haven't gone into cleared status.
It says on their site that funds are available for withdraw after 15 days, and you have to have 84.00 to withdraw. I have met all those requirements, but they still will not release my funds.
I have sent 2 emails to them, and no response.
I am starting to think they are a scam.
Anyone else had an experience like this?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2012, 08:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Not sure what the deal is with fiftytown. I had a similar issue with shorttask. I did a task for them, and they owed me $13. They don't appear to have a minimum cash out, so when I tried to withdraw my money, they zeroed out my account, and said they had some tech issue with PayPal. After numerous emails to them, and failing to get a satisfactory response, I concluded they were a scam.

If you're not getting a response via email, I would suggest trying to find a phone number where you can try calling. Meanwhile, I wouldn't do any more of their tasks/gigs until you see what's going on.

There's no reason you should have to wait that long for your money, and there's no reason that they should be ignoring your emails. If they can't come up with the money and a reasonable explanation, I would say they're a scam.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:50 PM
WAHM Regular

I have emailed them again, and was ignored. They do not seem interested in helping me, talking to me, or anything. They not only got 30.00 cut of their share, but now they are holding my cut of 120.00 with NO explanation what so ever.
I am going to have to call scam on them and wanted to let every know to not bother to waste your time with fittytown.

Not only do they receive an incredibly low amount of traffic, they seem unwilling to help resolve issues with funds, and don't even seem to follow their own policies for withdrawing funds.
I have gone over their site with a fine toothed comb, and have found no reason for my funds to still be "pending" after 3 months!

3 emails later, still no reply from them
Will be reporting them to the BBB, and filing a scam report on rip off report.
Look out WAHM's for this one and avoid them!