Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Sutherland questions

Hi all! I applied to Sutherland about a week ago for customer service associate, which says inbound calls. I just received an email to set up an interview, but it says it is for outbound B2B calls. I was just wondering if anybody else has interviewed for that type of position, or has worked in that position, and could give me any info on what it is like. I'm not big on outbound calling, but the pay rate is really good, so I might consider it. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Grand WAHM

I've personally found Sutherland to be "interesting" when it comes to interviews. Here's what happened to me a few years back:

I interviewed with Sutherland at one of their local offices, and I thought the interview was very unprofessional. I was led to believe it was going to be a 1 on 1 interview. After driving over an hour for the interview, I found out it was a group interview and there were about 20 others there. I chatted with several others and they also thought they were there for a 1 on 1 interview.

Then, someone came out about 15 mins later and told us the person doing the group interview was running about 30 to 45 mins late. Needless to say I was not very impressed, lol.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:55 PM
Super WAHM

Default Ask Questions!

Outbound B2B calls sounds like making outbound sales related calls, if I'm not mistaken. Be sure you know the FULL details of what is or will be expected of you before taking any position and especially one of sales. Is there a base salary or is it purely commission? How and when are you paid, etc.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile

supposably it is 11.50/hr + commision, and it has something to do with USPS and their new direct mail. I figure all I can do is set up the interview, ask lots of questions as you said, and go from there. This isn't the only company I have an interview with, but I like to keep plenty of options cause you never know if your going to get one! Thanks for the help!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:31 PM
Super WAHM

Sounds good! Definitely keep the interview. Best Wishes!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:40 PM
WAHM Regular

I didn't think much of them when I applied and then had issues with their website accepting my application (can't remember the details). It gave instructions to call a certain extention, which I did, and the lady had no idea what I was talking about and passed me to someone else. I left voice mail with that person who never returned the call and then either emailed and called someone else. Nobody ever got back to me. It's not like I had been accepted and then had trouble as they probably have a ton of applications being sent but just the common courtesy of replying to THREE requests tells me it's THEIR loss not mine. They missed out on a great employee!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:03 PM
WAHM Motivator
WAHM Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange4833 View Post
supposably it is 11.50/hr + commision, and it has something to do with USPS and their new direct mail. I figure all I can do is set up the interview, ask lots of questions as you said, and go from there. This isn't the only company I have an interview with, but I like to keep plenty of options cause you never know if your going to get one! Thanks for the help!
Keep us posted on this one. I'd like to hear your final opinions.

DZ