Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:54 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesis138 View Post
Is what was posted about the possibility of working for 30 days and not getting paid for it if they don't want to move forward with you?

I've finished the emails, officially applied, and am considering applying for their calling position that I was emailed today about - but I definitely do not want to continue if there's a chance they'll say never mind after a month and I'm stuck having spent a bunch of time on something for no pay.
You won't be doing work for free. Once you are hired, you get paid.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Super WAHM

They want to see how serious you are. Do the work. You will get paid. The company is a great company to work for
Old 12-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Awesome WAHM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkAtHomeSpace View Post
That just made me laugh out loud.[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
I laughed out loud when I read this!!
Old 01-01-2014, 12:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by janda727 View Post
You won't be doing work for free. Once you are hired, you get paid.
But if they decide not to hire you after you've already worked for 30 days?

Doesnt sound like it's for me unfortunately, since I've already done all of the application work. Kinda fishy to me.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:32 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesis138 View Post
But if they decide not to hire you after you've already worked for 30 days?

Doesnt sound like it's for me unfortunately, since I've already done all of the application work. Kinda fishy to me.
The best way to do it is apply directly to a department. So if you want to do calling, apply directly to calling. My process moved much faster once I applied directly the the listing assistant team. I had an interview and was hired in a few days. They get a lot of apps so you need to make yourself stand out. Do you have any Real Estate experience? If not, what kind of experience do you have? I can try and connect with the right person.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:43 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Hmmm

I just applied but frankly the posts make me nervous lol. WIll see if this is a good egg...
Old 06-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Awesome WAHM

I was just checking to see if anyone has recently worked or work for them.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:42 PM
Registered WAHM

Default you might be able to work for them for a while

It is hard to say how Steve, the owner, decides who he is going to be decent with. I enjoyed working at Lifebushido immensely. Most of the people were great to work with, but Steve is into power tripping so he favors some people over others. Someone reported that a client got a bad phone call and the origin of the call was unknown. I explained several reasons why it would not have been me, or could have been someone outside of our company altogether but I was suspended for a month just because of heresay and because a couple of people who were intimidated by my hard work and improvement had Steve's ear. Then he asked me to come back to work and there was no apology and no explanation about what happened with the bad call. I was calling for Real Estate companies but I was also calling for the company itself, so we could get more clients. I was working some really nice leads and had developed good relationships with dozens of the prospects I was calling. None of that mattered. After the way I was treated I could not feel good about enough of it to go back.

If you are an introverted person who likes to focus on work and not get involved in the High School type politics, but would rather be judged by your results, this is not the company for you. If you are less reliant on talent and more on your ability to be political, you might have a chance to make a go of it. Gossips and judgmental Church ladies thrive at this company, even when they are not very organized, generally unpersonable and mean, and can't keep meetings they set.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Registered WAHM

It is now July 2016 and I am exploring working for this company, and the last post is 2014. Would any of you be willing to give an update? I too explored several years ago but at the time it was just too much "soul searching" for me so I gave up. I'm in a different phase in my life now and looking at things a little different. I know as of January of this year the company went on an employee basis rather than an Independent Contractor. Was this a good thing or not? Any comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Anne