Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:13 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Back to WAHM and needing opinions

Well let me first start of by saying hello,
I am new to the WAHM community but not new to working from home. I worked for a client for about 5 years until they went bankrupt which was no fault of their own, basically they got screwed over by someone...but long story short I am back in the telecommute search.

I am a multitasker so customer service,graphic design,web design,SEO, busniess development,tech support, va (was doing this before va was even called va) lol

In the long run just looking for opinions on where to start I have tried Odesk,freelancer,eleance none of those in which I truly care for (to many wanabe employers that want to underpay)

Many of these telecommute jobs require land-line I do use a voip, which some employers do not mind. So any suggestions, opinions or help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by GeekzRus; 11-19-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Grand WAHM

You've got a lot of great skills. And there are a lot of customer service realted positions posted here.

I'd recommend applying for anything and everything that you are qualified to do. If an employer offers you a job, it might be worth investing in a land line. And if you're hired as a contractor and use that landline for just your job, you can write it off as a business/job expense.

Good luck.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:01 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the advice, and I am sure if a employer truly needs a land line I would invest. Although it seems as if I have numerous skills with todays' job market and economy being as it is makes it extremely hard. Just looking for a break which hopefully will happen sooner or later.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:35 AM
WAHM Master

I agree with danasurvey..apply to everything. The other advice I would give...When you find something ..don't limit yourself to just one job. Many WAHMs work two or three jobs at once.Also, one way to brush up on todays skills and add to your work from home resume is work task on MTurk and Fiver and places like that. They don't pay very much ,but some of the tasks will look good on your resume.-)
Old 11-20-2011, 06:46 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks Malea I will defiantly look into the two websites