Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:26 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Seasonal Customer Service Representatives, Only select cities

At Home Seasonal Customer Service Representative
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2011, 06:00 AM
Super WAHM

Really???

**Pre-employment background and credit check are required. Applicant must not have past due or collection items including charge offs, judgments or liens. Bankruptcy items are excluded.

Just a seasonal job and such long requirements. That's strange no charge offs. In this day and time most people have had one.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:33 PM
WAHM Regular

I started working for them as a seasonal agent in January of this year. They have called me back for every peak season when their call volume increases. They have excellent training, which is self-paced. They are a excellent company to work for and their staff is very supportive.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:23 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
Really???

**Pre-employment background and credit check are required. Applicant must not have past due or collection items including charge offs, judgments or liens. Bankruptcy items are excluded.

Just a seasonal job and such long requirements. That's strange no charge offs. In this day and time most people have had one.
What does one's credit report have to do with their ability to work? Really that is the problem with our country today. People want to work so they can pay their bills and get out of their debt problems...making it a requirement that you cannot have bad credit or credit issues to obtain a job sounds like plain out right discrimination if you ask me. Alright off my soap box.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:18 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Unfortunately, even some of the top 500 Fortune companies require credit checks too. I remember when I was looking for a full-time job they required a credit check before you can even interview... so it just doesn't happen in the work at home world!!
Old 11-20-2011, 08:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Default MsSamantha I agree!!

It's a shame that our govt has made it ok to do credit checks, background checks I understand. But honestly who hasnt been down on their luck and struggled? And why should our past struggles get in the way of having a good future, and in turn prevent us from fixing our past? If I knew how to do something to change it, and fight it, I honestly would. Its a discussion thats come up lately between my husband and I. He is waiting to hear back from a cable company here where we live and were not sure the credit check will get in the way, but I pray it doesnt because he deserves this job. He's an amazing IT tech and this would be a suitable job for him. But we'll see what happens.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:08 AM
WAHM Fanatic

It is a shame our government has allowed credit checks to be done when someone applies for a job. My husband is military, the military is the same way. Say if you want to go on a special assignment, they run a credit background. The military can put you out for being in debt which just makes the situation worse. A background check or drug screening I can understand...credit, be for real!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:14 AM
WAHM Master

I work for a large well known company and they do credit checks.It is crazy for people that have been out of work for awhile and can't keep up with their bills. how are they supposed to get a new job?