Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:43 PM
WAHM Regular

Can anyone tell me what type of hours/pay Virtual Language Experience is offering?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 07:42 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyThirteen View Post
Can anyone tell me what type of hours/pay Virtual Language Experience is offering?
The hours are M-F, 5am-11am or 5pm-Midnight. You choose the block of time that works for you and you don't have to work the whole block of time; instead you choose 2-3 hours within that particular block in which to work (i.e. 8am-10am). The pay is per lesson you teach.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:00 AM
WAHM Regular

Ivorygirl - Just thought I would post this. It is the exact same job that you posted with Innodial except that it offers Mon-Fri. morning hours (5am-10am EST). I applied and thought maybe you might be interested. It was posted on 9/30/11 on another site so hopefully they are still hiring for this shift (fingers crossed, lol )

Innodial Communications is an international provider of Internet telephony service. We are launching a language practice service that helps non-native English speakers in foreign countries practice English over the telephone with native speakers in the United States.

We are currently seeking part-time English Teachers and English Tutors to join our dedicated team! We have positions available for Monday through Friday mornings for the 5:00AM -- 10:00AM EST shift. For this shift, you must work all 5 days each week.

If you love meeting people of diverse cultures and backgrounds, this is an ideal opportunity for you! We are looking for people who enjoy a good conversation, and are comfortable talking on the phone. This is a fun opportunity to not only make money, but help others at the same time.

This position will be based from your home!

Our Teachers will be conducting scheduled English practice conversations with students in Asia to help them with their school lessons. Each conversation will run ten minutes by phone, and will allow you to use your creativity and tutoring experience to help students improve their oral language skills and general English understanding. You will be reinforcing what the students are learning in their language school, and you will be conversing with up to five students an hour. You will be working with elementary through college level students.

Your overall responsibilities include:
1. Answering scheduled incoming calls and leading conversations with speakers with varying levels of English proficiency (beginning low through advanced speakers).
2. Providing reinforcement of school lessons through conversational practice.
3. Providing feedback for each phone conversation completed.
4. Respecting our foreign speakers!

Qualifications and Skills
• You must be a Native English speaker
• College degree required
• At least 1 year of teaching or tutoring experience
• Professional phone manner
• Good oral communication skills
• Must be sociable and able to lead a conversation

This is a part-time job with a salary of $9.00 an hour, plus 30% incentive.

If you are interested in helping people in foreign countries practice their English skills, we welcome your participation! Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. In your cover letter, tell us about any experience you have working with diverse populations, and why you are perfect for this opportunity!

Also state "Teacher EST" in the subject line of your email. We will review your resume and contact you for a phone interview if qualified.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsf View Post
Snarky try Open English and Englishunt. Those are a couple of other ESL companies. I'm also still researching.
Open English is GREAT !!!! Great work environment and great pay ~
Old 10-04-2011, 03:12 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the tips. I'm thinking of taking a TESOL course but it's quite expensive.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:36 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladysathome View Post

Applied with Englishunt but Open English site is apparently under construction. I'll keep checking back.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:32 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
Thanks for the tips. I'm thinking of taking a TESOL course but it's quite expensive.
Ditto here. I think it could be worth it in the long run though since it opens up even more opportunities.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:54 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsf View Post
Ivorygirl - Just thought I would post this. It is the exact same job that you posted with Innodial except that it offers Mon-Fri. morning hours (5am-10am EST). I applied and thought maybe you might be interested. It was posted on 9/30/11 on another site so hopefully they are still hiring for this shift (fingers crossed, lol )

Innodial Communications is an international provider of Internet telephony service. We are launching a language practice service that helps non-native English speakers in foreign countries practice English over the telephone with native speakers in the United States.

We are currently seeking part-time English Teachers and English Tutors to join our dedicated team! We have positions available for Monday through Friday mornings for the 5:00AM -- 10:00AM EST shift. For this shift, you must work all 5 days each week.

If you love meeting people of diverse cultures and backgrounds, this is an ideal opportunity for you! We are looking for people who enjoy a good conversation, and are comfortable talking on the phone. This is a fun opportunity to not only make money, but help others at the same time.

This position will be based from your home!

Our Teachers will be conducting scheduled English practice conversations with students in Asia to help them with their school lessons. Each conversation will run ten minutes by phone, and will allow you to use your creativity and tutoring experience to help students improve their oral language skills and general English understanding. You will be reinforcing what the students are learning in their language school, and you will be conversing with up to five students an hour. You will be working with elementary through college level students.

Your overall responsibilities include:
1. Answering scheduled incoming calls and leading conversations with speakers with varying levels of English proficiency (beginning low through advanced speakers).
2. Providing reinforcement of school lessons through conversational practice.
3. Providing feedback for each phone conversation completed.
4. Respecting our foreign speakers!

Qualifications and Skills
You must be a Native English speaker
College degree required
At least 1 year of teaching or tutoring experience
Professional phone manner
Good oral communication skills
Must be sociable and able to lead a conversation

This is a part-time job with a salary of $9.00 an hour, plus 30% incentive.

If you are interested in helping people in foreign countries practice their English skills, we welcome your participation! Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. In your cover letter, tell us about any experience you have working with diverse populations, and why you are perfect for this opportunity!

Also state "Teacher EST" in the subject line of your email. We will review your resume and contact you for a phone interview if qualified.

I have a phone interview with them tomorrow...fingers crossed
Old 10-04-2011, 06:10 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Just from looking at the example videos on their website it looks like a great job. Do you currently work there?
Old 10-05-2011, 04:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Don't you have to be fluent in Spanish as well as English to work for Open English?