Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:29 AM
Registered WAHM

Hi Lori,

First of all welcome to the forum. I am new here myself. Your story is an inspirational one. I just want to thank you for taking the time to post this information. I have a friend who was recently placed on disability and is looking for part-time work. I'm not sure if she knows about the program but I will pass this information along to her.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Thank you for sharing

Lori,

I just found out about this program. The part that I like is that you can actually do this while you are starting your own business. I just turned 30 and have been on disability since 2005. I am slowly but surely trying to make it back to where I was before. Thank you for being such an inspiration.

Cydni
Old 09-09-2011, 09:05 PM
WAHM Addict

Tks for your kind words Lori, sometimes I don't think people realize what it's like for someone to be in this position, some days he has good days and some days are really hard for him he doesn't feel like he has a purpose in life b/c of his condition he's diabetic and has mood swings sometimes as well I always thought the hardest part was him being on the road and away from us but now I know I was wrong about that.

We survived him being away from home all those years then to have this happen to him it's really sad. I do have a question but I'm going to send you a PM also

~Linda
Old 10-04-2011, 10:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi Lori.. I am so glad that I found this post! I was jut terminated from my position while I was out on short term disability - I am unable to drive right now and working from home is the only way I will be able to make some sort of income. I am not on SSDI at the moment and not sure if that is something I will need to do in the future.
Thanks again for your post!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Registered WAHM

Thumbs up Can I work for this company?

Hi my name is Tammy. Recently I had to go to the doctor due to I am a breast cancer survivor, and my job consisted of lifting, lots of up and down motion, which has taken it's toll on me. My doc told me I can no longer due general labor duties. Thank goodness, my educational background to find a office job. My daughter is on SSI due to her disability, and unfortunately she will never be able to work, due to her memory and some other issues. Can I work for this program? I am not disabled, I can still work, just more office, customer service kind of stuff.

God Bless You for listing this site what a dream for a lot of people I know that can use this.

Short story longer, I am a cancer survivor of 20 years now. But I had so much taken that I am lucky to push my vacuum cleaner.

I can type real well; I am great at customer service, inside sales. I have about a year 1/2 of college, with time management, resource optimization, medical terminology, legal terms, and business communications. I can not return to school yet due to I owe them money and when I get it paid I can finish my education. So I am kind of stuck between a rock. Again thanks for the info.

Last edited by tjred9262; 10-08-2011 at 05:23 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:11 AM
WAHM Addict

Hi Tammy Lori hasn't been here on the forum since 9/19 I hope all is well with her I tried sending her a email to the email address she sent me but it doesn't work and she told me she isn't getting notifications to her email from wahm maybe she doesn't have the settings right but I'm not sure since I haven't heard from her.

I do know that you have to be on SSDI or SSI to participate in the ticket to work program. There are jobs posted daily here on wahm in the Telecommuting Moms folder which is the folder that this post is in I would check out the company's offered here and maybe you can find something that way. Good luck in your search.

~Linda
Old 10-08-2011, 02:39 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to TrinaC

Thanks for posting your story ljadler1627. I too am disabled and looking for work. I found out about My Employment Options a few days ago but am not sure about giving them a try. I only want to work a limited number of hours per week so that I can hold on to my ssdi check. I am not willing to give it up after the trail period ends.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile

Hello Lori,

My name is Glenda, this is my first time posting ever, and I just want to say that I read your comment and found it very helpful . I too am on Social Security Disability and would like to find a part-time work from home position doing clerical work but I've only been running into dead ends. If there is anyone out there that can lead me in the right direction to some legitimate sights I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Glenda
Old 11-01-2011, 03:15 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Shawneal
Default Thank You So Much! :)

I am also "disabled" I don’t really use that term often due to me believing I can do whatever I put my mind to and there is no disability in that. I really appreciate your post. I have heard of this company although due to me currently being with MRS they wouldn’t allow me to receive services and she also said it may be best to stay with MRS (which it doesn’t seem best in my opinion) Your story was so Inspiring and was just the motivation I needed. I will never give up on living the life I and we all deserve. Thank you so much!
Take Care.
-Shawn
Old 11-01-2011, 08:37 AM
WAHM Regular

TrinaC, most people on SSD can make upto $720 a month before taxes and not lose their benefits, but once you go over that $720 your trial work period starts. So you may be able to work part time and stay under the amount. Just some information for you. I have friends who do this, who just dont make enough with their SSD payments and as long as they have stayed under the current year amount, their benefits are safe.

QUOTE=TrinaC;2848655]Thanks for posting your story ljadler1627. I too am disabled and looking for work. I found out about My Employment Options a few days ago but am not sure about giving them a try. I only want to work a limited number of hours per week so that I can hold on to my ssdi check. I am not willing to give it up after the trail period ends.[/QUOTE]