Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Registered WAHM

Thank you for sharing, it will help many!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2017, 11:00 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Ticket to Work

Thanks for sharing, Lori. I am sure your post will be an encouragement to others as I know many struggle with similar situations and just don't realize their options.

Thanks, again. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:47 AM
Registered WAHM

Thank you Lori for posting this, what a great resource you've given!

I've just recently started as a Job Coach for people who have disabilities, and I actually have 2 who are currently on SSDI.

This will help greatly, once I have a moment to reach out to you, I will .

Thank you!
Old 05-03-2018, 06:03 AM
Registered WAHM

You are doing an amazing job!
Old 04-09-2019, 02:21 AM
Registered WAHM

Great,
Sharing your success story is and will be an inspiration/motivator to SO MANY individuals
Old 04-23-2019, 05:01 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Thank you

Thank you for your kind words! My goal in sharing my story was in hopes it helps others who have a disability or illness know there is help out there and some good resources and you don't have to go it alone!
Old 05-27-2019, 03:21 AM
Registered WAHM
Array

Finding a job for disabled people is a really big problem nowadays
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljadler1627 View Post
Thank you for replying to my post. I am glad to hear the information was helpful to you I used to somewhat hide my situation and then I realized by sharing it and talking about it, might help someone else out there not feel so alone or isolated because I felt that way for a long time.

Based on what you do for your work, we might be able to partner in someway with the clients that you have and our program and Employers we work with. If you are interested in that, I can give you the name and number of our President who coordiates with agencies nationwide!

I am familar with NTI. They are also a Employment Network in the Ticket to Work program but are extremly large. As a client only a few years ago, I tried applying with them for a short time before I found employment options and lets say it wasn't what I had hope for. (this is just my experience). It is a giant company and I felt like a number. Had a hard time following their process and procedures to even get an account with them. I gave up.

Employment options has less than 20 employees and we truly believe in the 'personal touch' and many of our staff are disabled so we understand in a small way what that is like and the emotions, fears, and concerns of trying to return to work and making ends meat these days.

I mentioned people can apply under 'job seekers' on our website. But if someone still prefers the personal touch, you can call Shieka at 800-441-3114 ext 754 and she will quailfy you over the phone! We believe in treating people as people not a number!

Have a great day all!

I am always here to answer questions, be a shoulder or point people in some direction that might help them!

The great thing about Ticket to Work is also it benefits National Employers. We pre-screen each of our applicants so we know their skill level, their work history and experience. We try to match them with the best job for them.

Benefits to Employers: Any Employer that hires a person in the Ticket to Work program, gets a $2,400 tax credit per indivifual hired. so it is a win win situation.

If anyone owns a business or knows of Employers that could use this information, you can direct them to our website link for Employers: Employers Hire Disabled | My Employment Options
In any case, if you have no time to combine your study and work, you can also visit
https://au.edubirdie.com/pay-for-papers and pay for essay online and get remarkable papers that are always the best and unique.

So honestly, its a win win for everyone.. The Client, us and The Employer we partner with1It is one of the greatest Government programs out there because of the benefits that it offers clients and its free to all SSDI and SSI clients ALWAYS!

I look forward to meeting more of you

LORI
Thank you for very useful post and info inside!

Last edited by AriadnaF; 05-30-2019 at 04:09 AM.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:22 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Jobs for the Disabled and my story

Hi Lori and welcome on the message board. I am also happy you posted that. I really appreciate it!