Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Registered WAHM

Thanks for your post, Lori. I hope everyone takes this as inspiration. If someone like Lori or myself on "dis"ability can work from home everyone can do it. Lori, I am disabled and also working from home but not through the Ticket to Work program. Would you mind commenting on what type of work at home opportunities are available through Ticket to Work?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeller1862 View Post
Are all the jobs customer service related? My disability prevents me from doing much talking on the phone (anxiety) and I'm desperate to find something to do at home that isn't customer service/support.
Don't give up. I have severe anxiety, depression, bipolar but just having a "dis"ability doesn't mean you have no ability and having accomplishments to be proud of can be great therapy.And from experience working at home, not all work at home jobs have to be customer related. I don't know about Ticket to Work specifically but I work from home. I have been doing truck driver recruiting which I found quite stressful, so I was able to find other work at home opportunities and I am able to earn from home at my pace. Good luck.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:54 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jladd View Post
Thanks for your post, Lori. I hope everyone takes this as inspiration. If someone like Lori or myself on "dis"ability can work from home everyone can do it. Lori, I am disabled and also working from home but not through the Ticket to Work program. Would you mind commenting on what type of work at home opportunities are available through Ticket to Work?
Hello there,
Thank you for your post and comment! Congrats on your Work at Home job as well! Sharing stories is empowering and encouraging for others. I found out about Ticket to Work and work at home via a forum just like this!

To help answer your question: Ticket to Work is a free program for those on SSDI or SSI disability that can help with employment goals and direct job placement assistance, but it also offers so much more. A beneficiary also can receive free expert guidance on how working can affect your social security benefits and help keep you from going into over-payment. The program is a national program and it has agencies that specialize in Work at Home and has long standing relationships with employers who send them jobs regularly to fill. It also helps the person receive assistance with resumes, gaps in employment, accommodations, interview practice and assistance, moral support, how to properly report income to the SSA when working and so much more. It is like having your own private recruiter and expert. Using the program to return to work also provides additional safety nets and work incentives along the way as you gradually return to work.

Ticket to Work is a program that has hundreds of Social Security Administration certified agencies. I can only speak to the Employment network that I advocate for and who helped me.

Here is a summary of the types of jobs they offer: "Our Work From Home jobs are Customer Service based with opportunities to specialize in Tech Support, Chat, Billing & Coding, Information Technology, Nursing, Case Management, Concierges, Sales, Reservations, Travel & more." We also recently have been doing placement in upper level positions such as Nursing, project management and IT."

There could be other agencies also in the Ticket to Work program that offer Work at Home but I cannot speak to their services or jobs.

If anyone would like more information or has questions about the Work at Home information. please feel free to email me directly any time via the email in my signature, send me a private msg here or visit: . For Job Seekers | My Employment Options

Thank you again for posting and best wishes!
LORI
Old 06-11-2015, 09:55 AM
Registered WAHM

Smile Success is in the EYE of the beholder!

Great Day WAHM!,

What a beautiful day. Know that when you wake up every morning, its a new day, new inspirations, memories, relationships, and whatever problems lie ahead that there is ALWAYS a Solution.

Not to long ago being 24 years of age I was homeless, Twice.....
Second time around i "bumped into" a complete stranger by the name of
Randy Cash , while waiting at the bus stop to go give plasma for some needed money. He approached me twice, first time shy to talk i guess...then the second time we conversed, and commented on each others outfits, and then he asked if i was hungry...from there the rest is history, he took me in, cared for me, and most of all loved me for me, even though he's on SSDI not having enough to even support himself.....

Ladies and Gentlemen with Dreams, Ambitions, Persistence and Believing in myself
We have managed to brainstorm ideas, execute them and are progressing financially more than ever before we met each other... I have started a business from scratch at home with no "9-5" job! Randy started college and has been working for the #1 Online job making $24/Hr completing simple worksheets whenever he wants getting paid every week!!! Life is beautiful Stay Positive and be grateful.....
Old 07-06-2015, 02:37 AM
Registered WAHM

Default good

very nice story ..
Old 07-27-2015, 11:46 PM
Registered WAHM

I appreciate this post. I just recently found out about Eployment Options and am glad to hear about someone who has actaually been helped by them. I too am disabled and currently dealing with low self esteem and low self confidence. I'm not used to being a stay at home mom, but grateful for the extra time I have with my kids.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:15 AM
WAHM Regular

Hey, Thank you for sharing your successful story with us.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:53 PM
Registered WAHM

When we are on SSI disability and we want to work do we have to get an EN to be able to work? when we are woking from home we need to call social security let them know we are working? how do we pay taxes when we are working from home?
Old 03-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Super WAHM

Default Thanks for Sharing your Story & the Info...What a Blessing

Wow....thank you so much for sharing your story. I am sure you are going to help and inspire so many people who are in similar situations (or know someone who is). You are AWESOME!!

AllieWhitt
Old 03-25-2016, 04:31 AM
Registered WAHM

Thank You Very Much
Useful, interesting content !