Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:17 AM
Registered WAHM

Thumbs up Writers, Writers, Writers

I am recruiting for 8 content writers as my client just received a huge work order from one of their major clients. They need writers now. Responsibilities include the ability to research and write engaging stories using solid writing skills (spelling, grammar, etc.). Must be able to write a minimum of 20, 400-600 word articles per week. The rate will range from $1 per 500 words to $2.00 per 500 words and there is opportunity to earn more as we occasionally obtain requests for articles that pay more. If you answer today we can have you writing tomorrow. When you reply please use the word “Writer” in the subject line to [email protected].
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Super WAHM

Writing a 500 word article for $1 or $2 is comparable to slave wages. You will not receive quality "well-researched" articles from any established writers at these rates, I'm sorry to say. To give you a comparison, I earn anywhere from $10 to $20+ for a 500-word article, depending upon the topic and the due date/deadline. If you have been working for this small amount, maybe you should hop on over to the writer's forum and start looking into better paying gigs for yourself. You deserve better than this!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:21 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse-onality View Post
Writing a 500 word article for $1 or $2 is comparable to slave wages. You will not receive quality "well-researched" articles from any established writers at these rates, I'm sorry to say. To give you a comparison, I earn anywhere from $10 to $20+ for a 500-word article, depending upon the topic and the due date/deadline. If you have been working for this small amount, maybe you should hop on over to the writer's forum and start looking into better paying gigs for yourself. You deserve better than this!
The least I have been paid for a 500 word article is $5.00. This gig is definately not worth the time.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:02 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Here's a link.....

Here's a link that pertains to the job / the job poster found at another website. It doesn't say much more than what's already been said.

The poster of the ad maybe lost her way and mistook this US wahm forum for the Chinese version, where listed wages are typically much lower than those in the USA and are in line with their lower cost of living.

Rip-off Report | Next Job At Home | Complaint Review: 758122
Old 08-30-2011, 09:24 AM
WAHM Addict

You'll notice she didn't post this on the Wahms Who Write board because she knows these rates are far below standard. $40 a week to write 20 articles? Or $20.00 a week if you only receive a dollar per article? No freaking way!

The rates for editors and proofers are even worse. They offered 30 cents to proofread an article and run it through Copyscape. The current rate to proofread an article is $3.00.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but this OP knows their rates are shamefully low. The bottom line is that no one will work for her until she raises her rates. I know I won't.

Blinky :-)
Old 08-30-2011, 01:23 PM
WAHM Regular

$2.00 for a 500 word article? Been there, done that, never again.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:09 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr1250 View Post
i am recruiting for 8 content writers as my client just received a huge work order from one of their major clients. They need writers now. Responsibilities include the ability to research and write engaging stories using solid writing skills (spelling, grammar, etc.). Must be able to write a minimum of 20, 400-600 word articles per week. The rate will range from $1 per 500 words to $2.00 per 500 words and there is opportunity to earn more as we occasionally obtain requests for articles that pay more. If you answer today we can have you writing tomorrow. When you reply please use the word “writer” in the subject line to [email protected].
please tell me you are kidding about paying $1.00 for 500 words.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:44 AM
WAHM Regular

This is really sad. Maybe the OP is unaware of US wages. $1 for 500 words will get you an article that won't be readable. Writers know their worth. These wages are an insult to writers. Raise the rate and you may get some responses. Otherwise, expect to do A LOT of editing!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:05 PM
WAHM Fanatic

OMG I almost tripped over my tongue !!! $2.00 for 500 words??? Maybe if you provide site spinner and are just spinning other articles but original researched articles ??

I suggest you (poster) and all other writers interested in writing for money go down and visit the writing folder and see which companies are currently paying the most for articles. And check out the revenue share programs and read how other wahms are making really good money with some of these. OR write articles, post links to affiliate products in your bio and submit to article directories OR write articles and post to your own blog & sell affiliate products-- these are the ways other wahms are currently making a living writing at home.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:15 AM
Super WAHM

Unbelievable!

Tags
bloggers, content writers, seo, writers