Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Banned

Cool Wow ! Beyond Sweatshop Labor....

I found this so funny - I had to post. Obviously this job was not meant for Americans (or anyone else except maybe Zambians) - but this job is listed at 15 Zambia Kwacha per hour - which comes out to 0.00317125 USD..... LOL. I talked to my brother who lived there for 17 years and he said a loaf of bread could be $4000 Kwacha - so I don't think it's a lot for even Zambians....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Freelance English Teacher
15 Zambian Kwacha (ZMK) per Hour

LearnShip Networks is looking for Freelance English Teacher to join our online school and meet our growing demand!

LearnShip Networks GmbH is an e-learning startup company in Cologne, Germany. We support a new method of teaching and learning language through our platforms at The online language school - LearnShip.com. LearnShip is the first European-wide internet language school specializing in live online teaching, connecting students and trainers internationally through the use of a virtual classroom.

Our freelance teachers are located in many countries, and are able teach from the convenience of their home. Classes are one-on-one, or in the case of our group lessons for a unique and personalized learning experience. Our teachers have flexible schedules and set their own hours.

Responsibilities include:
• Planning and preparing for lessons
• Providing lessons for students according their educational needs
• Giving students feedback and homework
• Promoting the general progress of students

Our ideal candidate:
• A native English speaker
• Experience teaching English
• A high level of fluency in French
• Previous business training experience
• Strong proficiency in using the internet
• Fast comprehension and high flexibility
• Friendly, outgoing personality

We offer:
• Fun working atmosphere in an energetic team
• Opportunity to gain experience in online-teaching utilizing multimedia and interactive tools
• Flexible schedule
• An attractive hourly wage

If you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining our team, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with English Teacher with French in the subject line. No phone calls please.

LearnShip Networks GmbH
Scheidtweilerstraße 17
50933 Cologne, Germany
Englisch lernen ? Sprachen lernen ? LearnShip.de
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2010, 04:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Oh my. There's got to be a few missing zeros, or a mistake in the currency! Fifteen dollars? Fifteen thousand ZMK? Even fifteen hundred ZMK would seem low, for bilingual teachers with internet connections.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:35 AM
WAHM Regular

Default huh?

That is a convoluted mess -- A German company is seeking an English teacher with high fluency in French who wants to be paid pennies (US) in Zambian currency. Yeah, okay.

There must be something wrong with the listing because pennies/hour is hardly "• An attractive hourly wage"...