Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Writely Applied

Good luck with the business. I'd like to see it succeed because it is a great idea.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Super WAHM

Of course I clicked on My suggestions under “Menu” and it showed me, “Active orders” and “Not active orders” sections. My suggestion were listed under, “Not active orders”. I clicked on each link and I did not see any of my suggested sites yesterday.

You can’t underestimate my qualification; I even did Technical Writing and you can’t tell me how to check it. If I know how to suggest sites using your system, how do you think I don’t know how to check “My suggestions”?

How about the canceling accounts option? I couldn’t find it because I have no knowledge? If you are professional, then you should show me where the cancellation button is located. Do I have to email you to cancel my account? Is that professional?

Why the status of my suggestion lists on my account show, “Refunded”? I thought there are other contributors who give site suggestions too; if my suggestions are not picked, why other contributors suggestions are not picked? Why “Refunded”? When I contacted your support team in August, didn’t you say that only less than 1% clients will cancel and that you don’t worry about it? In my account case, all of them show Refunded and that means 100% of them I suggested are canceled and refunded?

I assume you put my suggestion in “Not active order” section because you put the status, “Refunded”

How my suggestions get refused and at the same time the status show, “Refunded”?

If all of them are refunded, why four from the list, a total of 10 sites show, “Pending client’s action”; it doesn’t make sense at all.

If there are other contributors right suggestions for the same task we did, give us information of picked sites names. If for example five contributors gave site suggestions of same client projects and if one of the contributor suggestion is picked, let us know by email what site suggestion is picked.

There is “Top 100 contributors” under the “Menu” pane and it doesn’t even show what site name they created and how many successful site they created…just says Rank 1, 2.

Khakigirl, me to I don’t remember when I see the domain names since I don’t have backup saved copy…but in your case, you saved it on spreadsheet; you compared your domains and they are not same; you know what your suggestions are.

I agree Khakigirl, it is not only unprofessional, but also violates terms and conditions to post something from our account. Why we created our account on the system, why we have user name and password, if the owner of the business is disclosing personal information on this forum?
In my case I pasted in the forum questions and answers from the support team; I am not violating terms. Because, questions I ask can be asked also by other contributors; usually other companies add questions and answers on FAQ section. Even the question I asked in August is not added in FAQ section at PickyDomains, putting them here helps other people know without asking same questions to PickyDomains.

PickyDomains, you get complaints from contributors, because your management and everything is bad. If your client canceled or get refund, you don’t email to inform us. If the client picked a domain from any contributor, you don’t inform us, what domain name is picked. If our suggestion is failed, we need to know why it is failed by providing us the site name that was picked; so then we can compare and we will know why our name suggestion is not picked. Everything you do is hidden and everyone I know is confused to know what is going on and what you are doing.

About contributors who got paid, they don’t have to say they got paid; it is your job to inform us by email, what domain name is picked, the project name/number of the client, and the day that was picked. If you give us that information, we know our suggestion is failed, because some other contributor did a better job than us.

About failed domains, why don’t you register them and put them on sale and when the domain is sold, you share the amount with the contributor. Otherwise, I don’t know what will do being in Not active order section while declined.

I saw on your website on your terms and conditions, there is $1000 punishment for registering site after refund. How about domain name contributors, if their suggestions are declined by clients, can they register their suggested sites or sale them on their own?

I don’t think you did usability testing before you start your business; if you did, you would have corrected your problems earlier and may be some would have positive view on you.

If you put domains in “Not active order section”, how clients have access to that section?

About commenting or defending your company and saying waste of time, is not fair; you are the owner of your site and either way, you make money; but we the contributors gave our suggestions to sites, wasted our time and wasting our time on discussing here to help others.

If I were satisfied with your system, I would have submitted more domain suggestions; but I was not comfortable with your system and didn't continue.

Last edited by Lihem; 06-18-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihem View Post
PickyDomains, you get complaints from contributors, because your management and everything is bad. If your client canceled or get refund, you donít email to inform us. If the client picked a domain from any contributor, you donít inform us, what domain name is picked. If our suggestion is failed, we need to know why it is failed by providing us the site name that was picked; so then we can compare and we will know why our name suggestion is not picked. Everything you do is hidden and everyone I know is confused to know what is going on and what you are doing.
Lihem brings up a good point. It would be very nice to get a automated notification email when the client gets a refund. Even better would be if that email included the domains we submitted. Then, we can decide if we want to register those domains ourselves or let them go. Plus, it would keep contributors coming back for more.

Quote:
About contributors who got paid, they donít have to say they got paid; it is your job to inform us by email, what domain name is picked, the project name/number of the client, and the day that was picked. If you give us that information, we know our suggestion is failed, because some other contributor did a better job than us.
This is a great idea too. Why not create a weekly or monthly newsletter that spotlights the domains that were chosen. You could simply ask the client to let you know when their website is up and you can "advertise" it in the newsletter. That will promote their website, making a happy client; and prove that people's suggestions are getting chosen, satisfying some of the grumpier contributors. Plus, a newsletter adds to the community feel that so many successful websites have.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:54 AM
Registered WAHM

Guys (gals), just read the rules. You can register your own suggestions ANY TIME YOU WANT. We explicitly say that you aren't giving away any rights to anything.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickyDomains.com View Post
Guys (gals), just read the rules. You can register your own suggestions ANY TIME YOU WANT. We explicitly say that you aren't giving away any rights to anything.
I have read through this whole thread and I must say that you have come across as VERY unprofessional. Your responses of people not being able to read and follow rules and of them wasting your time would be enough for me to NEVER recommend your company to anyone.

I can understand that maybe you felt attacked and the need to defend your site but that was not the way to go about it. These ladies simply offered an opinion and their own personal experience with your company. Maybe instead of making rude comments you should concentrate on REALLY understanding the valid points they have made and working to better your business so that these things can be avoided in the future.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:35 PM
WAHM Regular

This is my first time hearing about them. I hope to find something out later and let u know.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Registered WAHM

So, has anyone's domain been picked? Or is this a waste of time?
Old 07-30-2011, 02:07 AM
Registered WAHM

I just wanted to update and let people know that this site IS legit. I was skeptical at first too (as you might see in my previous post,) but I have been paid! My advice? Just keep suggesting, try and focus on what the client is really looking for and your suggestions will eventually get picked too.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:10 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiesw View Post
I just wanted to update and let people know that this site IS legit. I was skeptical at first too (as you might see in my previous post,) but I have been paid! My advice? Just keep suggesting, try and focus on what the client is really looking for and your suggestions will eventually get picked too.
This is what we needed to hear in order to dissuade fears of being scammed. sweetiesw has been a member here since 2009 and has made several posts in other parts of the forum. A success story from an established forum member will go a lot farther here than a new member who signed up just to say she got paid, or the site owner signing up just to unprofessionally defend their site.

If you want your site to be successful you need to show yourself as an intelligent adult an not an insolent teenager, which is how your posts sound. I understand you're upset about what you feel is an attack, but the spelling and grammatical errors throughout your posts, combined with your childish name calling and personal attacks, do nothing to instill confidence in me about you, your system, or your site.

If you find it necessary to scour the net and defend yourself then maybe you should take a look at why you're finding yourself in that situation to begin with.

I have no problem with an owner defending their business, and I welcome it. But there are much better ways to go about it. For future reference, "I'm sorry you had a disappointing experience. Please tell me what I can do to make things clearer for everyone." would have gone a lot farther in convincing us all that this is a legitimate way to make money over the approach you took. You might want to think about that.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Super WAHM

kylari,

You are right; we gave him our opinion for free about his business and he couldn't accept it; instead he was defending it and was disrespectful.

Companies pay/hire mystery shoppers to get positive or negative feedback about their service and to correct themselves. Our opinion is free and he should appreciate it.

Closed Thread