Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 05:55 AM
Awesome WAHM

There is a problem with almost all your links. I'll go ahead and detail them so you know in the future that we are not easily fooled.

1 - This is a summary of the business with not much more information that what is available at your website. If the writer had actually tried your website on either end, this would be a very credible source.
2 - This is a page from your website - not exactly something I would use as an argument to prove a website is legitimate.
3 - This one is actually a good one.
4 - The person who answered the question joined JUST to answer it and that has been the only thing they've ever answered in 3 years. Basically it's just like the person who joined WAHM just to answer this thread. It looks fishy.
5 - Again, this is just a summary and although the blogger has tried the website, she didn't make any money either. Yes, there is one comment by someone who "has been paid" but I would say that it isn't very reputable because she makes some spelling and grammar mistakes. In a business that requires good spelling and grammar, it doesn't seem likely that she would actually get her domain chosen unless the client actually wanted a misspelled domain, which could be true, I suppose.
6 - The only people with positive things to say in this discussion were MyLot newbies and most did not respond to any other discussions on that website.

If you're going to require that your paid contractors make comments, remind them that it looks spammy and strange to join a new site JUST to make the comment.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
I logged into my account today to check just this. Two of the websites I made suggestions for show as "refunded" and there is no information available about what I suggested. Those accounts match up with the ones in my personal records that I found that were registered. So yes, you have a flaw in your system and you are trying desperately to hide it.
No, this is incorrect. All suggestions are tracked. Click 'My Suggestions'. You'll see orders where you made your suggestions to. Click the order, scroll down, and you'll see individual suggestions you made, as well as their status. You can also check all of your suggestions for availability - they should all stay unregistered (if they weren't picked and if you really came up with suggestions yourself and have not used any tools or expired domains lists). This is really simple - there is no flaw and nothing to hide. We do have occasional cases that are borderline. As far as other questions go - suing makes sense only if it's financially sound, i.e. stolen domain is worth a lot. And the reason I ended up commenting all this nonsense about 'scam' is because Nancy sent me the link to her post (all paid contributors are now required to mention this fact online and send me a link when they do). When I clicked the link to check out her post, I saw what was going on and I thought that the thing to do was to react to this 'scam' nonsense. I can kind of understand people's concerns and skepticism, but honestly, I don't get all this insistance that there is something fishy. We've been around for 4 years. We've got 44,000 contributors, 1,200 clients, tons of domains, etc.

We try to make things really simple and really transparent. Like click 'My suggestions' and all your suggestions are nicely kept under each order you've ever worked with. Seems to be self-explanatory to me. Never had an issue with that. Yet here we go again, just like with 'scam' claims - someone says 'hey, how come you don't keep my suggestions? What are you hiding?'.

Nothing. Your suggesions are where it says 'My Suggestions'. All of them. If you ever see that someone stole your suggestion - notify us immediately. Most likely you'll find out that all of your suggestions are still unregistered, like all refused suggestions should be.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Super WAHM

khakigirl,

I totally agree with you; everything you said is right. I have an IT background plus I have created domain names before to the people I know and myself; I have experience. I joined PickyDomains in April 2010 and suggested 19 domain names. I thought if not all of them, some of them will get picked. I checked many times and showing me pending and some of them were disliked by the client. When I saw the PickyDomains clients membership rules, it says, they have three months or something trial month to cancel without obligation; which means, if they don't like the service or any reasons, they can cancel their account and get the full refund. When I see that, I was wondering, what if with in the trial period, they see domain suggestions of people like me and reject while they like the suggestions and cancel their account; after canceling their account and get their refund, they turn around and register the domain they rejected. I had so many questions in my mind and checked on Google if someone commented about them; I found many negative comments from people like me. The only positive comment I found was from clients who get domain names from PickyDomains, register domain names and sell them for high price.

You know what, I just checked my account at PickyDomains right now and I see only the nine domains I suggested are listed with status of "Refunded". From nine of them, five of them are "Pending" and four of them are "Disliked". You see, I suggested for 19 domains and only nine of them are listed on the site with "Refended" status. When I asked in August 2010 if clients canceling their membership and use people suggested domains, the response was, less than 1% of them do that. But I see from my account, in August, my suggestions were 19; now 10 of them are missing plus the rest nine status are "Refunded"....at this moment I approve based on my account, it is 100% of them who are cancelling their membership or PickyDomains is registering those domains people suggested and selling/owning them on the side.

I will paste questions I asked in the beginning of August using contact form and answers from the PickyDomains support below.

Sunday, August 8, 2010 3:46 AM

> lihem sent a message using the contact form at
> Contact | PickyDomains.

> I did a lot of suggestions and I wonder how come at least one of them not
> succeeded. I spent my time to come up with the site suggestions. What if
> companies with trial period backed up from being member with you after
> seeing my suggestions and without paying any cent use my domain suggestion
> to publish sites? Can you do something about it?
We had 9 or 10 thefts out of 1300+ orders. So yes, it does happen,
but since it's less than 1%, we don't even worry about it.

> What if you pick my
> suggestions and sell it without me knowing?

The system keeps track of every single suggestion you've made. You
can log in any time and check them for availability. If any of them
became registered - let us know immediately. But don't every use any
domain suggestion tools based on keywords - like NameBoy or expired
domain lists, I am sick and tired of people who use these publically
available (to anyone) tools, and then claim that we or our clients
'stole' their suggestions.
> I did trust you at first and provided about 19 suggestions to the
> companies; but after I searched and saw negative comments about your
> company, I regretted that I suggested 19 instead of 1 or 2 for try.

I've read several posts that claim we are a 'scam'. Some are
obviously written by competitors, because the next comment is - "use
this service instead". Others are by people who work with expired
domain lists and domain suggestion software.

> I read comments that you sell site suggestions provided to you by people
> like me. I also saw comments that when the site suggestions provided
> here, the sites are proven that they are not existed or not taken; after
> the suggestions are posted on your website, the status shows they are not
> wanted by the company while suggestions are actually get sold and
> published. If you sold my or other people suggestions and get publish
> them, why you assume that my or other people suggestions are pending?

Can you rephrase your last question? I did not get it. If your
suggestion is picked, you get $25. If your suggestion is not picked -
you get nothing. All of your suggestions that are not picked should
stay available. Nobody is going to register them, neither us, nor
clients.

> If that is your system, it is not fair.....why waste people time? You want
> to make money for free? It is really ugly.....u better play game than play
> on people.

How is it not fair? If your suggestion is picked by a client - you
get paid. If not - it's not. You can come up with your own
suggestions, buy domains and then resell them on Sedo.com or
BuyDomains.com - that's fine by us. You take all the risks and all
the profit. In our system we take on the most important part -
finding a client who'll pay money. We take our cut for that and share
the rest with a client whose suggestion has not been picked. I know
of no other service you'll pay you just for suggesting names (naming
and branding agencies aside - you'll have to start your own for that).

--

PickyDomains.Com mailto:[email protected]

I am glad that I didn't do more than 19 domain suggestions; I am giving feedback at this forum, because I don't want other people to waste their time and energy for nothing. I guess if any of you really want to make money creating domain names, just create domain name on your own and register the domain; someone who wants that name can buy it from you with higher price.

I even forgot to cancel the account after this experience....I will cancel it now if the system let me.

Last edited by Lihem; 06-17-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Super WAHM

I checked the nine suggested list on my account and when I click on them, I don't even see the my suggested domain names on them; I can't even check if the sites are registered, because I trusted the site at the time I put my suggestions and I did not save domain names offline.

I was just to cancel my account, but there is no option to cancel account. Even if you check the FAQ, you only see their favorite questions and answers; their is no question on how to cancel the account.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:29 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
I have an IT background plus I have created domain names before to the people I know and myself; I have experience
Quote:
I checked the nine suggested list on my account and when I click on them, I don't even see the my suggested domain names on them; I can't even check if the sites are registered, because I trusted the site at the time I put my suggestions and I did not save domain names offline.
If you have IT background, you should be able to understand simple directions.
1. Log in your account.
2. Click 'My Suggestions'.
3. You'll see orders you've worked on.
4.Click any order.
5. Scroll down.
6. Your suggestions ARE THERE. You'll see them. Imposible not to see.
7. You can now check them for availability.

If you have any problems, send me your e-mail you used when registering. I'll find your account, find your suggestion and will make a screenshot.

khakigirl, did you have a chance to look for your suggestions, where it says 'My Suggestions' and verify that, inspite of you and Lihem say, we DO keep all your suggestions?

Lihem, given your IT back ground, did you have a chance to look for your suggestios, where it says 'My Suggestions' and verify that, inspite of you and KhakiGirl say, we DO keep all your suggestions?

Is it just possible that PickyDomains in not a scam, but rather there are a few individual contributors who ARE MISINFORMED and when two misinformed indivuduals get together they seem to interpret their error of judgement as proof (i.e. "if my suggestions weren't picked, I must be a scam" or "if for some strange reason I can't find my suggestions where it says 'My Suggestions' then there aren't suggestions, there fore it must be a scam')?

Can I go now?
Old 06-17-2011, 11:40 PM
Registered WAHM

P.S. I've located both of your accounts. And checked for suggestions. I looks like after upgrade our system shows suggestions made only to active order, not to inactive orders. I'll ask out techguy about settings for that. Meanwhile I'll go and look up made suggestion manually.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Registered WAHM

Lihem suggestion #1

ITTCorpSec.com

Lihem suggestion #2

MSWebOptima.com

MaxDialerWeb.com

MaxPhoneDial.com

TopSEORanker.com

NServeCorp.com

SystDevice.com

ESDHA.com

EAutoDevic.com

MajicNetwork.com

DreamSocialNet.com

AdultDelightNW.com

UKRBabyCloths.com

UKRKidseCom.com

UkrainBaby.com

PretyMakeover.com

VertuMakeover.com

MakeoverSW.com

WebMakeoverSW.com

Are these your suggestions, Lihem? Has it been over a year, since you suggested them? Aren't they still unregistered? Has anything changed since you wrote me an e-mail in 2010? I don't have any superpowers, so I obviously could not forsee that this discussion would pop up. I'll ask my tech guy, why did May upgrade resulted in splititng all suggestions in Active and Inactive orders and ask him to restore full access to old inactive orders (why have My Suggestions at all if you can't see your old orders - so sorry about this one, you were right, I was wrong)

Last edited by PickyDomains.com; 06-18-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:25 AM
Registered WAHM

khakigirl suggestions

omfgchat.com

OhWowChat.com

CraziestChat.com

CraziestChats.com

AllNightPokerParty.com

CrazyPokerParty.com

KidStockXchange.com

StocksandKids.com

You also have 2 suggestions in active orders, so I can't publish them, but you can see those yourself in a manner I described (just checked, I like the short one). Could you please confirm that these are in fact your suggestions made in 2009 and they are still unregistered? Like I told Lihem, I'll talk to our tech guy how come contribs can no longer see old suggestions made to inactive orders, but like I said, we have nothing to hide, there are no flaws in the system and we aren't a scam. All refused suggestions should stay unregistered. It doesn't always happen this way, but thefts are very rare. Your and Lihem suggestions were looked at by clients, refused and never used by anyone.

Last edited by PickyDomains.com; 06-18-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:39 AM
Registered WAHM

Ok, my tech guy got back to me - we fixed the bug, all suggestions are now visible. Here is why there was a problem. Не decided that once a client refunds an order he or she should no longer be able to see suggestions made. This was agreed upon as a way to protect our contributors. So we took off a checkmark that allowed visibility of suggested names for refunded orders. Unfortunately this started to apply to contributors as well as clients. We've now fixed it so it applies to clients only. I've checked - it works. Sorry for confusion.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:09 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickyDomains.com View Post
khakigirl suggestions

omfgchat.com

OhWowChat.com

CraziestChat.com

CraziestChats.com

AllNightPokerParty.com

CrazyPokerParty.com

KidStockXchange.com

StocksandKids.com

You also have 2 suggestions in active orders, so I can't publish them, but you can see those yourself in a manner I described (just checked, I like the short one). Could you please confirm that these are in fact your suggestions made in 2009 and they are still unregistered? Like I told Lihem, I'll talk to our tech guy how come contribs can no longer see old suggestions made to inactive orders, but like I said, we have nothing to hide, there are no flaws in the system and we aren't a scam. All refused suggestions should stay unregistered. It doesn't always happen this way, but thefts are very rare. Your and Lihem suggestions were looked at by clients, refused and never used by anyone.
I know I did more suggestions than that - I had a whole spreadsheet with them...some of those I don't even remember submitting. Perhaps I had an account under a different name?

Oh and I don't find it very professional publishing our submissions and I doubt anyone here would either, especially because you assumed that because the usernames match that these are definitely our accounts. I have run into several other people who use the username khakigirl. Those are my submissions and I did log into that account to check the submissions and try out your system again but I think it was very unprofessional on your part.

Last edited by khakigirl; 06-18-2011 at 03:11 AM.

Closed Thread