Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:50 PM
Registered WAHM

Highlight important details are highly appreciated. In writing resume, an applicant should make an effort to keep the resume short but very fruitful. Make sure to highlight skills and work history if needed. It should be in the right format to make it look really professional.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2017, 11:07 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Simplicity is best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khakigirl View Post
I think the best way to get your resume read is to keep it simple and format it correctly. Make sure all the headlines are the same size, font, and weight. Make sure things are aligned correctly. Don't ever forget to spell check and proofread. My resume is extremely simple but it's gotten me jobs before.

If you need help with formatting, you can download templates from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...043371033.aspx
I would have to agree. Simple is best. I work in HR and hate routing through some resumes attempting to find information. A basic resume is best. Basic font too nothing too fancy. The header should always be your name, address, phone number, and email address.

Your topics: OBJECTIVE/MISSION, EXPERIENCE/SKILLS; WORK EXPERIENCE; EDUCATION; VOLUNTEER these in my opinion should be in all caps and bolded and in this order to set off what you are ready to discuss. it is quicker to find the information that the employer is looking for. It is not your life story. It is a summary of you.

Always refer to the employers job posting in order to get their verbage of skills and experience necessary for the job so use their words and not your own. Always include a simple over letter.

There are a lot of great websites that you can set up your first resume for free with their tutorials. Then you can just copy and paste it into your word processing program. No need to spend a lot of money to keep it updated with these people. This was helpful to me as I went back to work and did not know what kind of resume to set up.

You can change the style of the resume too in order to set yourself apart from others but remember not too fancy and it is a summary of you and your work experience.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:25 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Transcription View Post
I would have to agree. Simple is best. I work in HR and hate routing through some resumes attempting to find information. A basic resume is best. Basic font too nothing too fancy. The header should always be your name, address, phone number, and email address.

Your topics: OBJECTIVE/MISSION, EXPERIENCE/SKILLS; WORK EXPERIENCE; EDUCATION; VOLUNTEER these in my opinion should be in all caps and bolded and in this order to set off what you are ready to discuss. it is quicker to find the information that the employer is looking for. It is not your life story. It is a summary of you.

Always refer to the employers job posting in order to get their verbage of skills and experience necessary for the job so use their words and not your own. Always include a simple over letter.

There are a lot of great websites that you can set up your first resume for free with their tutorials. Then you can just copy and paste it into your word processing program. No need to spend a lot of money to keep it updated with these people. This was helpful to me as I went back to work and did not know what kind of resume to set up.

You can change the style of the resume too in order to set yourself apart from others but remember not too fancy and it is a summary of you and your work experience.
+1 Great tips
Old 01-18-2018, 11:58 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I would like to recommend steering clear of Microsoft Templates. Those templates tend to be designed using "tables". Resumes that utilize tables, when uploaded in an applicant tracking software, tends to lose its format and when the software try to transfer the information (putting your name in name field, email in email field, etc.) most of the information will not transfer over correctly. As a result, information will be missing (or jumbled) within your application, and can cause you to be overlooked for a position.

If you're going to use a template, purchase one that is designed in Microsoft by a professional. Professional templates are rarely designed using tables and they are be the best option when you want to save money and not have to pay someone to do it professionally for you.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:48 PM
Registered WAHM
Array

Default Hey

Hey guys thanks for your tips and tricks these was very usefull, had aknologed many good thinks here! Btw people could u recomend me an car tires review web need really some advices about it! I found one here https://tirereviews.co/makes/toyota/tacoma/2018/ any others ?!

Last edited by Squels; 05-23-2018 at 04:30 AM.