Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:36 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Just signed up but...

the lady I signed up online under is not returning my calls or my emails. I just signed up last night so my application has not even been approved. I'm wondering if I made a mistake by just going to her website and signing up without even checking to see if she's even interested in building a team.

She is local to my area but that does not matter to me, do you ladies think I should call the home office tomorrow and tell them to put me under someone else? Should I give her more time? What should I do?

I don't want to wait until after my application is approved and then it will be too late to change who I am under, if that can even be done now. Someone, please inform me!!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Awesome WAHM

Yes, you should have definitely interviewed her and others before signing up online. If signing up under someone local is not important to you as you stated, I don't understand why you did not sign up with one of the wonderful TS leaders that we have on this forum. Hope it all works out for you.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks, Brenda. I'm kind of looking for feedback from TS reps.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Registered WAHM

I found my sponsor online. She's in my general area. I specifically looked for consultants with a leader title. I did email 4-5 different ladies, and I thought she was the only one who replied. Turns out all the others replied too, their messages went to my junk mail! Check there first. Also, I did wait until I talked to my sponsor personally before making the commitment.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:34 PM
WAHM Regular

I cringe when I hear gals signed like this because it is such a hit or miss. YES..you can definately, by luck of the draw, find a GREAT sponsor this way...however I can't tell you how many stories I hear from gals just like you who are so sorry they did not have a relationship, so to speak, with their sponsor first.

You are in a good position though...you have 3 days to cancel your agreement...the ones who didn't have to deactivate for a YEAR and then have the choice to sign under someone else....this is the ONLY way to change sponsors once you have one. But, like I said, you have 3 days.

Not that people don't deserve to have someone find them on their website, but not everyone works the business the same, or for the same reasons. Some don't want anything to do with leadership and that is fine. There is no wrong way to run your business really,....which is what is great about TS.

I HOPE you get a great sponsor and if you need help, myself and many others on here would be more than willing to help!!

Cara Hayden
Team Mentor
Tastefully Simple

Last edited by carahayden; 07-18-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Definately call Headquarters and see what you can do. Just because someone has the title doesn't mean they will do a good job. There are plenty of us Consultants who would love to TRIM consultants to be the best consultant they can be. Don't settle for anything else! Good luck on your quest. You can message any of us on the boards for help!

Kristina
Old 07-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default I agree

I hope you have made contact with the Corp office and then take a little time to interview potential sponsors. I agree with others here, I have been in Direct Sales for over 15 years and the biggest sad story out there is those who sign up without really checking out who they are signing up with. A Sponsor is your lifeline as you start and grow your business. You want/need someone who will work with you until you are confident and comfortable..and then still be your mentor and connection beyond.

As mentioned if you are looking for someone local, keep searching in that way. If that is not a requirement for you look beyond and interview some consultants not in your direct local area. Just about all of my team is remote to me. And I know Cara has many srpead out as well. That is one of the fabulous thing about business..you network with others and meet some truly amazing people.

You'll want to find someone who will ask you what you want from your business and help you formulate the way to get there! And, help you get set up both with doing the parties and with your office. You'll want to feel a connection with a potential sponsor. Find out how they train, what kind of networking they can help you with. Ask how they do their business, see if it meshes with how you wish to grow yours.

I am quite confident that just about any of us here would enjoy interviewing with you. And if we felt we were not the best fit, we would refer you to someone who might be.

I hope you resolve the hiccup and start with someone who is there when you need, and cheers you on as you grow a successful business!

Best wishes,
Old 07-19-2011, 04:11 AM
WAHM Fanatic

OK! So how did the "story end?"

I love what folks had to say. I've been interviewed countless times over the years and I totally respect the potential consultants who do. I had a local sponsor in my previous company and she was not the best, I have a long distance one now and she's a gem. It's all about the person. Not the distance, not the title, not "time served"....

Hope everything worked out!