Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Interested in joining

I have been considering joining Stampin up mostly for the discount but maybe later on to make a little extra cash. I have never done anything like this as far as stamping goes but have some direct sales experience. I have a creative and artistic background and see all these cute cards and think I can do that and really want to try.

Anyways, before I decide to sign up I was looking for more information. * One thing I can't seem to find is the cost of a website and if it is required or optional. **

I also wonder if it would be better for me to wait until October since I was reading you get an extra quarter to qualify with orders to give me a full 6 months (if I'm reading that correctly). *

Are there any sign up specials coming up soon that you are aware of?

Another thing was setting up at craft fairs or vendor events. Is this allowed? If so, can you sell cards you have made as well as supplies from stampin up?

Sorry for this to be so long, but I like to know exactly what I'm getting myself into before I make any kind of commitment. * I also work a full time job and have a 2 year old at home, so this would just be very part time for me. * Any other information you can provide me would be very helpful.*

Thanks
Heather
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2013, 07:06 AM
WAHM Addict

Hi,
This folder is pretty slow. You might try private messaging ritastamps, here on WAHM and you might get a quicker answer.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:55 PM
Registered WAHM

Default You will love it!

I am new to WAHM forum, but have been a happy Stampin' Up! demonstrator for 3 years. I would be happy to answer any questions that anyone might have.

I am not aware of any upcoming sign up specials; they generally do not tell us in advance. The regular sign up package is actually great value. It's $99 - free shipping - and you can completely customize your kit yourself, up to a $125 value. There is also no obligation to sell anything at all after that. You may find that you love it and you want to - but there is no penalty whatsoever for simply getting the kit to enjoy those products at a greatly discounted price.

It is true that if you wait until October first to sign up you will have 6 months to meet your $300 quarterly sales to remain an active demonstrator.

Unfortunately, Stampin' Up! does not provide demonstrators with websites. We can choose to pay $12.95 per month to have an official online store. If you do this, your customers (and any potential customers who find you on the demonstrator finder) can order directly from your website and you will still get your full commission (base line is 20%) If you do not have a website and someone chooses you as their demonstrator when they order from the company's online store you will get 10% commission.

You can absolutely sell your creations at craft fairs, etc. You just need to stamp the back with an official stampin' up! copyright stamp. These are available as a set in the catalog, or you can order a personalized one.

It really is a lot of fun.

:-) Miriam

Last edited by Purlmom; 09-18-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:13 AM
WAHM Regular

Hello!

You got a lot of great info from Miriam, but I just wanted to add a couple things.

You will get a 2-month free trial for the website when you are ready to try it out.

As far as selling SU! supplies at craft fairs, we can't sell current product. We don't do cash and carry. (Which is a good thing because it means that you do not have to keep an inventory!) But you can sell retired products.

Feel free to ask any other questions you might have!
Nine years later I'm still in love with the company and the products. I hope that you will enjoy it just as much

Rita

ETA: My apologies if you tried to PM me before. I just looked in my settings and I did not have private messaging enabled! Not sure why, but I fixed it now

Last edited by ritastamps; 09-19-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Just heard the new special! Oct 7th - 21st you can join for only $25! (Lowest price ever!)
Here's what you get:

The $25 Starter Kit includes:
$26.95 worth of Stampin' Up! product (it must be more than $25, but not more than $26.95 before tax)
Business pack which includes:
A box of annual catalogs
A package of the current seasonal catalog
Getting Started DVD
Starter Kit Business Brick
Customer postcards

Happy to answer any questions
Old 10-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Registered WAHM

Actually, you CAN sell select items at craft fairs as Cash & Carry items... These items include the following:

All Adhesives can be sold as Cash & Carry at events
Paper Pumpkin
Everyday Occasions Kit

There may be a couple of other items but I know these are definitely allowed as Cash & Carry.