Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:24 PM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up Built a personal website for my SBC biz

Hi All! Yesterday I found a free website builder site & really had fun setting it up!

I wanted to share it w/you guys incase you'd want to build another way to gain traffic!

The building site is called Wix.com. You can do a Facebook page too!

Here is my site if you want to see a sample of what you can do!

Wix.com Skinny Body Care created by bkams96
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Cloud 9 Parties Rep

That's a very nice looking site! I love it! Beautiful flash Thank you for sharing.

And I added you as a friend on FB!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Network Marketer

Gorgeous Site. I have not used this one before. I've used Weebly for other businesses. It's not a flash site, but has a lot of cool features. My next question is obvious. How do you get traffic to this beautiful site you made? It is good for craigslist ads though as you don't have the problem with the replicated web address. Very nice.

I haven't done a SBC website yet, too much else to take advantage of here. But if I do, I may just take a look at this. In fact you've given me an idea.

It almost looks like the perfect automated business card, or splash page, you know what I mean?

Thanks
Old 07-14-2011, 07:42 AM
WAHM Addict

I love the flash...very nice site!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:11 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Thanks!!

Thanks everyone! I thought it was just so pretty!!

Currently I am just using it as a traffic link when I post articles on SBC. And I plan on adding it to my sig. box here & on my emails. I didn't even think about how well it will work on Craigslist!

I'm sort of new to the Facebook marketing, so once I figure out how to add it to the SBC page I made for FB, I'll put it there too.

I'd love to hear the idea you got Cyn!! It wasn't hard to do & I think it can be really effective...unique from what others are putting out.

Last edited by LiveTheLife; 07-14-2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: rewording
Old 07-14-2011, 08:25 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLoveParties View Post
That's a very nice looking site! I love it! Beautiful flash Thank you for sharing.

And I added you as a friend on FB!
Thanks! I confirmed ya!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Super WAHM

It looks nice! I like the humming bird What's your goal for this website?
Old 07-14-2011, 04:31 PM
WAHM Regular

It was advertised that you could use it on FB, but I haven't figured out how yet.

So for now I am just using it as one more way to share the movie & tour with people.

It's nice to use on Craigslist & places like that. Sometimes I can't post a SBC link saying it's spamming. I don't know why I get that message, but now I have this site link to use when I get that message.

I like the hummingbird too! Nothing to do w/weight loss, but I think it's got a tranquil feel!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTheLife View Post
It was advertised that you could use it on FB, but I haven't figured out how yet.

So for now I am just using it as one more way to share the movie & tour with people.

It's nice to use on Craigslist & places like that. Sometimes I can't post a SBC link saying it's spamming. I don't know why I get that message, but now I have this site link to use when I get that message.

I like the hummingbird too! Nothing to do w/weight loss, but I think it's got a tranquil feel!
Ah, I understand. I can tell you why you are getting that message sometimes.... What has happened is certain other SBC distributors have misused their SBC links and now some of the SBC domains have been labeled as spam by a handful of websites. Because our SBC distributor websites are subdomains, when the entire domain is flagged by a website it affects everyone (because technically we're all using the same domains). I'm sure those distributors had good intentions, but probably didn't realize that their "marketing" methods were spammy in nature, but blasting your links all over the place is a good way to irritate people and most website owners. I've noticed this issue with my SBCPower.com website on URL shortner websites like Bit.ly, etc (which I like to use for tracking purposes).

This whole issue is actually not that big of a deal, so I hope no one is panicking as they read this. All you have to do is create a site like you did OR you can also buy your own domain and then simply forward it to your SBC site. It's a simple solution, I've done it with several domains.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:15 PM
WAHM Regular

I see! I wondered if it was something like that! And ya...it's the SBCPower one that gets me every time too!!

Thanks for explaining, but like you said, there are ways around it for those of us that aren't trying to spam...just spread the good word!

Ya know, btwn this board, the FB pages & the emails I get from Sherry....I get excited about being in SBC every minute of the day!!! So glad I found it!!