Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:21 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Still playing around with samples and basket parties

Ok, since the forum at Scentsy.com is closed for a few days, I thought I would try here and see what kind of advice that I can get.
First of all, I made some more business cards and found the little bags to put them in at Wal-mart, but as far as my samples, well I couldn't find a French fry cutter to try one of the examples that I saw on youtube. So when I cut it with a knife, they just came out in shavings, but I put them in the bag anyway, and put a label on it, that say "Open Me" "Smell me". As I was doing it, I though, well this way might just work, since I have seen the q-tip idea and I have seen the candy mold idea. But do you think it's too tacky???--I mean the whole point to get the smell, and putting little bits of shaving of wax does make the bag smell. I need your input!
Also, for basket parties I found these really cool baskets at Wal-mart, but they were 7 dollars a piece! I have read several ideas for the basket parties as well. I have about 5 businesses that are willingly to let me put a basket out with different scents and change them out every month--would a basket work for that? What do you guys use for your basket parties?
I need your advice!!!!!
Also, can we order the scent of the month yet for next month? I am not a member of the scent of the month, since I have only been with Scentsy for about 3 weeks, and budget is a little tight, I thought I would just order the Scentsy bar at this point, and make samples out of that
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2010, 05:26 PM
WAHM Addict

I do not know about Scentsy. But I think I would be o.k. getting a small baggie of shavings...although I do like the candy mold idea too!

You can get baskets at any dollar store and then just buy a yard or 2 of inexpensive material and cheap ribbon on sale and dress them up. You can get both the material and ribbon at walmart for around $1 each and buy a few baskets for a buck and save big $!

Good luck to you! I hope your business is a success!

Happy New Year

Christine
Old 12-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerme View Post
Ok, since the forum at Scentsy.com is closed for a few days, I thought I would try here and see what kind of advice that I can get.
First of all, I made some more business cards and found the little bags to put them in at Wal-mart, but as far as my samples, well I couldn't find a French fry cutter to try one of the examples that I saw on youtube. So when I cut it with a knife, they just came out in shavings, but I put them in the bag anyway, and put a label on it, that say "Open Me" "Smell me". As I was doing it, I though, well this way might just work, since I have seen the q-tip idea and I have seen the candy mold idea. But do you think it's too tacky???--I mean the whole point to get the smell, and putting little bits of shaving of wax does make the bag smell. I need your input!
Also, for basket parties I found these really cool baskets at Wal-mart, but they were 7 dollars a piece! I have read several ideas for the basket parties as well. I have about 5 businesses that are willingly to let me put a basket out with different scents and change them out every month--would a basket work for that? What do you guys use for your basket parties?
I need your advice!!!!!
Also, can we order the scent of the month yet for next month? I am not a member of the scent of the month, since I have only been with Scentsy for about 3 weeks, and budget is a little tight, I thought I would just order the Scentsy bar at this point, and make samples out of that
You can order the tester for next month's scent and it's a little bit less than a bar, but the price is less and it'll make a decent amount of samples. I use the candy molds, but not for any particular reason. I think as long as they get the scent that's what matters. I literally tag the sample with my business info and use that for a business card. But you can staple the little baggies to business cards, promotional flyers etc.

For basket parties, I use some small baskets I found at Hobby Lobby awhile back. I think they are for scrapbooking supplies. But you'd need a bigger bag than what I use if you're sending a warmer with them. I usually only send the warmer and a bar if they work in an office or someplace where they can display it.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Super WAHM

Default samples

I use the candy molds to make my samples and @ my parties I give each guest a sample, stapled to my business card, so everyone goes home with a sample that night and I typically pass out the Scent of the Month for that month. I use seasonal candy molds so they are always super cute and everyone loves them.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGannon View Post
I use the candy molds to make my samples and @ my parties I give each guest a sample, stapled to my business card, so everyone goes home with a sample that night and I typically pass out the Scent of the Month for that month. I use seasonal candy molds so they are always super cute and everyone loves them.
I had someone in my downline who mentioned seasonal candle molds the other day. She was thinking about using some of the seasonal scents and using the larger molds to make some of different scents to give her hostesses as gifts.

I also had someone mention the other day that magnetic business cards were working really well for her. She said she puts them in each of the guest's bags when she delivers parties and at larger events anyone who purchases more than $50 gets one. She said they cost more to buy but they really paid off, so I'm thinking about ordering some!