Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Considering Scentsy?

Hi! I am considering signing up to be a Scentsy consultant in January. I have done several other direct sales in the past which I told myself I would never join another one. But I tried Scentsy and I love it. I know there are lots of consultants. Do you feel it is oversaturated? I'm not sure my family and friends are going to be on board with it. They may think not another one.

I already have a great consultant that I am working with and I know she will not put any pressure on me.

I would love any suggestions and advice.

Thanks in advance,
Carol
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Awesome WAHM

Carol, Dont know where you are located --- but I would say talk to your consultant..and over saturated---not in my area. Still many folks whom still have not heard of us...those whom have---makes it great to have product recognition. Somebody told me once to think of it like how many banks or gas stations are in your town. Just trying to service everyone.
Good luck.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Super WAHM

Hi Carol,

There are around 10 consultants in my area and I still run into people who have never heard of, or even tried Scentsy yet.

I am also starting to get more calls from people whos consultant is no longer working their business and just had a call yesterday from a lady looking for a last minute Christmas gift.

So, definately think that Scentsy is still growing in many areas. Talk to the consultant you are working with and see what kind of feedback she can give you on her experiences in your area.

Best of luck in whatever you decide!
Old 12-23-2010, 11:41 PM
WAHM Regular

If you love the product it will show when you are talking about it. Talk about it everywhere. My mom's coworker purchased some and found out her son's girlfriend's sister sells it also. She would never have known unless the son's girlfriend saw the samples on her desk. It is definitely not oversaturated.

I know 6 consultants very close to me and we have never stepped in each others toes as far as "taking parties". If there is someone who wants a specific day and I can't take it, I call another consultant and offer the party to her.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:18 AM
WAHM Regular

I live in Texas - we have a lot of consultants! However I still find many people who have never heard/seen Scentsy. I agree with the post above, many people may sign-up but not all really sell or stay with it.
I think if you work your business and stick with it you can be very sucessful with Scentsy.

Last edited by starbirdy66; 07-07-2011 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Removed advertising links
Old 12-31-2010, 07:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Default where in Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWickChilly View Post
I live in Texas - we have a lot of consultants! However I still find many people who have never heard/seen Scentsy. I agree with the post above, many people may sign-up but not all really sell or stay with it.
I think if you work your business and stick with it you can be very sucessful with Scentsy.
Where in Texas are you located? I am in the Panhandle and have considered selling it but it seems like a see a ton of cars in my area with the sign that they sell it. I am afraid of oversaturation.

Last edited by starbirdy66; 07-07-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:51 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwahmof3 View Post
Where in Texas are you located? I am in the Panhandle and have considered selling it but it seems like a see a ton of cars in my area with the sign that they sell it. I am afraid of oversaturation.
I'm in North Texas. There are a ton in my area (there are 4 of us in my subdivision) and like someone said above, I still meet people that haven't heard of Scentsy, or if they have, they don't know what it is. They need us to show them.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:19 PM
WAHM Regular

I live in Nebraska and before I signed up I was a little afraid of that myself...since there seem to be alot of consultants in the area.....BUT what I am finding out is that if you can give your customers GREAT service it makes a HUGE difference!!! I have already talked to people that have mentioned that they are 2 consultants around here that do not give good customer service--and told me they would be ordering from me from now on.
So I guess what I am trying to say is--it doesn't matter how many consultants you have in the area--you just need to be that 1 GREAt consultant and it will fly!!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 06:21 PM
WAHM Veteran

I have a large number of online shoppers from Oklahoma and Texas, both states which show a large number of consultants. I do not market to any particular state. The fact that I still each month, receive so many online orders tells me that even those states are not saturated. Some states are more mature than others, but sheer number of consultants do not account for those who are business builders, those who are part time consultants and those who are mostly personal users. There are still far more leads out there than all of the consultants combined could ever fulfill.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwahmof3 View Post
I am in Houston, TX
I have friends tell me they see cars with Scentsy stickers but I haven't seen a lot in my area of town.
In the last directors' call when Orville was reading the top 20 list, many of the top recruiters and sellers were from Texas. Seems that there is still an opportunity to grow anywhere you live.
I think it is a benefit to work in Texas where people have heard of Scentsy, it makes my sales job easier.
As I said, I still find people that haven't hear or seen the products.

Chilly