Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:20 PM
WAHM Regular

Exclamation I just can't make up my mind!

I've been toying with the idea of selling Scentsy for at LEAST 2 months. I had my first party 2 weeks ago and sold over $400!!! I was so impressed and I think I'm in love.
I want to sell, desperately! But the problem is is that I'm pregnant and due Dec. 10th and I'm so scared that if I go ahead and sell now that I won't make my $150 quota in my first 3 months. Although my basket party at my MIL's salon brought in over $300 I'm so afraid I won't be able to do it again. So I've been saying, "Maybe I should wait until the baby is about 3 months." But then I say, "I want to do it NOW!" so I don't know what to do!
Does anyone have any advice? Do you think it would be too much right now? Or do you think it's simple enough to get started on and have a handle on it by the time the baby arrives?
I've been stalking the boards for weeks and I just get so excited for people who've just received their starter kits and make great sales, I've been paying attention to all the questions people ask because they might ask something I haven't thought of... I want to sell Scentsy SO BAD! It's so AWESOME!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2009, 04:25 PM
WAHM Fanatic

One nice thing is that if you need to put Scentsy on the back burner, you can take a leave of abcents (sp?) and not lose your downline and other business aspects that you have worked for.

The basket party is a plus for consultants that have a lot of other things going on (most of us do). As you have seen for yourself, people love the basket parties just as much as a home party. It sounds like you have a real joy for Scentsy and your enthusiasm will go a LONG way.

You would only have to meet the $150 quota in ONE of the 3 months, not all 3 to stay active. I understand how scared you are about not being able to do it all. I was just as affraid as I was excited when I signed up. I didn't succeed with another company and I was afraid to fail again. My son (second child) was 4 months old when I signed up and my daughter was getting ready to start her 2nd year of preschool. I'm here to tell you it can be done. Ultimately, it is your choice, please don't forget that. We never want you to feel pressure! Take your time and search your heart, talk to the people you care about, that are close to you. You will find your way. I just wanted to share where I was when I joined. Good luck with your decission!

Last edited by jessicaj; 10-24-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:15 PM
WAHM Fanatic

You sound just like me! I researched while I was pregnant and then joined when my baby was 3 months old. I wish I would have just joined and not waited! But anyway...I'm here now and couldn't be happier!
If you love it and know you can do it and your friends love it, you should have no problem getting your $150 every 3 months. You don't know how many countless hours when I was up late with the baby I would get on here and read. I could have been placing orders!
It's really up to you and what you think is best for you. I wish you luck with your decision and your growing family! But I DO know as a mom, I needed something like this to make me feel good about myself. I don't know...it's a tough call!
Old 10-24-2009, 06:19 PM
WAHM Regular

Wink

I think that even you will find it will still be easy to sale enough product in the 3 months time especially as easy as it seems to sale it. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:34 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks so much guys. The info was great.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Awesome WAHM

it took me 10 mths to decide...so dont feel like your the only one. And I wasnt even pregnant...
I know we all want to succeed when we join---but there is always the risk of failure..
I think know with the holidays is a great time to join---maybe it will give you something to do late at night when your new little one is keeping you awake...I do remember those days.
Good luck in whatever you decide.