Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:46 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Applying for Quicktate

Does Quicktate really contact your references, or do they just want references in case they feel like they should check it out?

I don't really have references. I'm a court reporting student, so I think I'm just going to list 2 instructors as references, but I don't want to ask my instructors if it's okay to use them as a reference. It will probably be really embarrassing if Quicktate actually calls them to confirm or whatever, because it would seem random.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2014, 02:42 PM
WAHM Regular

I just started working with Quicktate almost a month ago and they didn't check my references.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:32 PM
WAHM Regular

Nice. That is reassuring, Melanie. Thank you
Old 09-25-2014, 06:56 PM
WAHM Regular

You're welcome and good luck
Old 09-29-2014, 08:02 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm a little frustrated with the typing tests. I'm not entirely sure how they want the files transcribed. It doesn't specify verbatim or non-verbatim. There is a lot of stuttering in the file I'm trying to type right now, and in non-verbatim I would clean up the stutters, but in verbatim I leave the stutters in. Their newbie manual or instructions or whatever that you have to read when you're applying states that the only time a transcript is verbatim is when the client requests it. So, from that, I infer the test should also be non-verbatim. The instructions within the test say
Accuracy is important.
Use correct spelling, punctuation, and formatting.
Use paragraphs where appropriate.
Don't include "um", "ah", etc.
Type the complete audio file, don't skip anything.

Does "do not skip anything" mean to include stutters? If I did include them, then I would be typing verbatim...

I hate that I'm so inexperienced

Last edited by lipstck; 09-29-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:14 PM
WAHM Regular

I always clean up what I'm typing, I don't use uh, um, ya know, stuff of that nature. I've always gotten paid for every dictation I transcribe, so I would assume I'm doing something right, lol. I don't think QuickTate is entirely too picky. Just as long as you transcribe the dictation and they can pass it on to somebody, then it'll be good. Now iDictate, I believe they're a little more different, but I wouldn't know for sure since I'm not with iDictate (yet).
Old 11-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Registered WAHM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstck View Post
Does Quicktate really contact your references, or do they just want references in case they feel like they should check it out?

I don't really have references. I'm a court reporting student, so I think I'm just going to list 2 instructors as references, but I don't want to ask my instructors if it's okay to use them as a reference. It will probably be really embarrassing if Quicktate actually calls them to confirm or whatever, because it would seem random.

I know this is older and you've already started working for them but for anyone else who reads this thread they did check my references. One of mine is a former coworker I have stayed in contact with; I didn't tell her I put her down as a reference because I didn't think they would check them. Well she forwarded me an email from them asking her to go on google docs and give her opinion of me, she only sent it to me because she wanted to make sure it was legit before she gave anyone info about me.

I don't know if this is something they just started doing or what (I just applied Tuesday and she got the email today), but to give everyone a heads make sure you let your references know they may receive an email from them!