WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Question of the Week (https://www.wahm.com/forum/question-week-78/)
-   -   Which do you prefer Shopping Online or Going to the Store (https://www.wahm.com/forum/question-week-78/521402-do-you-prefer-shopping-online-going-store.html)

YourWealthCoach 12-08-2010 09:22 AM

It depends on what I'm looking for. I love trying on clothes and wouldn't buy online. Usually I love shopping, but this Christmas, it's such a timesaver that I'm doing most of the shopping for the kids online.

MrsRose 12-08-2010 04:02 PM

Groceries in person, but other things, I tend to do whichever is cheaper. If there's a good coupon code, or free shipping, or I have an Amazon card or something I need to spend, I'll buy online, but if there's an in-store sale advertised, or it's something heavy that I can't get free shipping for, I'll go to the store. The thrill of the bargain is the fun part, whichever way I shop.

sayitwithvideoemail 12-08-2010 05:48 PM

Shopping

Shopping online.... I hate crowded stores.

Femita 12-14-2010 12:01 PM

It really depends on what I'm buying. For food I love to go to the store, the same as for clothes. But things like music, dvd, technological stuff etc i'm happy to buy online.

Kay123 12-17-2010 12:45 PM

Both but I prefer.....

If it is not too busy out I love to get out and go shopping in the stores, but during this time of year I like to shop online.

Just my opinion.

avia4life 12-17-2010 01:00 PM

I am an online shopper all the way! Seriously if I could buy absolutely everything online I would!

Faith75 12-18-2010 09:50 AM

I love shopping online and clicking on sites like upromise to receive a extra percentage for my children's college.

Charlene D 12-18-2010 09:11 PM

Somethings I enjoy shopping at the stores for, but I do like shopping online best.. :-)

sweetmommyoftwo 12-19-2010 02:16 PM

Well I did about 80% off my Christmas shopping online. If I can get it online I prefer staying home, LOL. Groceries and misc I go out and buy but that's about it. Mostly because I am in severe pain all the time and don't feel like walking around the stores.

JadaKiss 01-03-2011 06:47 PM

I love shopping online for jewelry, electronics, software, home decor, shoes, boots, and sometimes clothes. But I occasionally enjoy going to the mall to shop for clothes, jewelry and hair accessories.

JesterJoker 01-03-2011 08:37 PM

online for everything but shoes and clothing...

cant fit it right over the web...

debijean 01-03-2011 08:49 PM

Depends on how lazy I feel and how the weather is. I don't usually shop for cloths online, I need to make sure they fit first. Other stuff I do shop online from time to time.

Autumn's Mom 01-04-2011 06:05 AM

Online if I can. I really dislike all the stores in the mall that have loud music, over powering perfume or colonge sprayed, really get the asthma going and ruins my day.

Plus you get much better sales online than in the mall.

ribbontwist 01-04-2011 08:51 PM

Shopping online is great - you can frequently find better prices than you would in a brick-and-mortar retailer.

MaryChristine 01-05-2011 04:49 PM

Mostly I prefer to shop online, especially in summer, as I usually come home with a headache after being out shopping.

Orchid Lake 01-05-2011 06:22 PM

While we do a lot of online shopping both for business and personal, there is still something satisfying about being able to sift through the racks and see & feel prospective purchases; especially if you with a friend...looking, talking, day dreaming...

waynearln 01-06-2011 12:44 AM

That's depends on what i am buying: For clothes and accessories i have to go to the store to see it and maybe try it on but almost everything else- online!

Love To Sprinkle 01-14-2011 05:36 PM

Shopping online! I'm addicted to QVC and HSN!!

ghumes 01-16-2011 01:03 PM

I am learning that online shopping is the way to go! Better sales and much easier to compare prices by opening another window instead of driving to another store! I'd much rather sit in front of my laptop in my jammies with a cup of coffee instead of driving, finding a parking spot, finding my item, and waiting in line!

My vote goes to online!! :D

MMShell 01-21-2011 06:39 PM

I have to say I soooo enjoy online in the winter and at Christmas... My UPS/Fedex guys love me starting in September when I usually start Christmas shopping....

I love not having to go to the grocery store/butcher anymore.. Well I only go to the grocery store once a month now for small things like milk, eggs, butter and veggies.. That's been the greatest!!

But I do love going to shop at stores from my grandchildren!! That's the fun in picking out all those cute outfits!! Oh and some for myself too!!

lisarulzzfox 01-22-2011 02:00 AM

Online shopping gives you the feasibility of shopping according to your convenience. Secondly you have a wide range of products available for you which cannot be there in one shop, so it saves my time. Last and the thing I love about online shopping is the discounts offers and at some sites the prices are relatively cheaper than the shops as you get it directly from the warehouses.

DebraFerrie 01-23-2011 12:07 PM

That's a question where I can't choose an answer. I like to do both!

I get vitamins , many Christmas gifts, DVD's and ebay stuff online but I like to clothes shop in stores and I LOVE to spend mornings browsing the local Barnes and Noble.

AlyciaCheatham 01-26-2011 11:31 AM

Well if I am shopping for toys and/or gifts, then its online. If I am shopping for clothes and such then I have to go to the store.

edogblog 01-26-2011 11:45 AM

which do you prefer...

I hate waiting for things...but if I can get a good enough deal, I will wait and buy it online...but if not, I go buy it myself...:rolleyes:

Gulfcoastmomof3 01-26-2011 05:53 PM

I am not a shopper period, so online is my preference....oh how I miss milk, eggs, cheese delivered to the door. :p

SOUTHERNGIRL 01-27-2011 07:55 AM

Shopping

I like to clothes shop at the store. Everything else is online, I pay all my bills online to!

alwayshome 01-27-2011 02:26 PM

I perfer going to the store. I only shop online when I'm sending someone a gift and they are in a different state or when I'm purchasing something that I'm not able to carry because it's big, like a t.v., large painting, etc.

YodaRules 01-27-2011 05:23 PM

Hands down --- online! (unless it groceries......)

Patsy

NCMommie 01-27-2011 07:15 PM

I wont buy clothes online. I want to be able to try them on. Other things I will buy online, especially if I get a good deal and if the shipping is cheap!

Hope5771 01-28-2011 09:47 PM

Online for sure!

I prefer to shop online. I also like that I can check prices online before I buy a high dollar item. If I eventually have to go to a B&M store to buy it I at least know I got the best price I could get.

simplenfun 01-29-2011 02:21 AM

I would prefer shopping in the store than online. But for ticketing booking and stuffs like this, I will definitely buy it online.

Faith75 01-31-2011 12:19 AM

I love shopping online. Alot of the stores that I shop online with I get to save for my children's college. I only like the stores when seasons are changing because sometimes they have the best deals.

Denden 01-31-2011 06:35 AM

For groceries, has to be offline! I've tried to do it online a few times but they never seem to have everything that I want so I end up going to the supermarket anyway!

WahmFreedom 01-31-2011 01:49 PM

I've never been a really big shop-a-holic --- until I shopped online! Man I'm hooked. You can find such cool neat stuff online. I haven't really ventured into clothes shopping for myself online yet tho. For that I do like to actually see stuff and try it on.

monkeysmamma 01-31-2011 07:38 PM

It depends on what I'm shopping for. Clothes have to be in the store so I can try them on. Things like books, Wii games, toys, those sorts of things that you pretty much know what they're like in person I'd much rather shop online for. I don't mind going to the store if I can do "one stop shopping", ya know? I hate going from store to store to store. UGH!

GuyandEvaRocks 01-31-2011 11:58 PM

I like both. I love the convenience of shopping online. It can make life so much easier at times. I especially liked it during the holidays when I didn't have to fight the crowds. But, for clothes, I need to go to the store, try them on, and touch and feel them.

jellybean88 02-01-2011 08:12 PM

I prefer to shop online because of the larger array of selections you can choose from- plus it's a great alternative when you don't feel like dealing with people ;)

However, sometimes when I really want to get out, I don't mind looking around at the mall- and maybe buying a milkshake while I'm there. LOL

sweetmommyoftwo 02-02-2011 12:23 PM

I prefer to do most of my shopping online unless a store around here is having a huge sale.
Of course I do all my grocery shopping in store.

Lady M 02-03-2011 12:12 AM

I far prefer shopping online. I hate to shop, but I can tolerate online shopping.

karieM 02-03-2011 02:07 AM

For most clothes I prefer to shop at stores especially for me as a lot things don't fit right.

For other things I use a lot of online for the research and If I find a good deal such as amazon I will buy online. Otherwise I buy at the stores.