WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Question of the Week (https://www.wahm.com/forum/question-week-78/)
-   -   Which do you prefer Shopping Online or Going to the Store (https://www.wahm.com/forum/question-week-78/521402-do-you-prefer-shopping-online-going-store.html)

carlamae 05-11-2015 11:38 AM

For clothes for myself, I still prefer to go into a store so I can try things on, however, for the kids or for any other items, I prefer shopping online.
One year I didn't do a lick of Christmas shopping in the stores!

codymom 05-21-2015 08:25 AM

I like the store, but it can be frustrating finding the items that I like and that fit well. I am tall!!

shahzaib sajjad 05-23-2015 08:20 PM

I find it so much easier to shop online. I can just about always find what I am looking for and I don't need to run from one store to another. I also order from several people that I know that have their own businesses.

thelastone 05-24-2015 02:32 AM

I prefer to shop online, especially during the holidays when the stores are full of people.

[email protected] 06-03-2015 11:00 AM

Shop online

Here's a fantastic online store for you to take a look at then. Harmony Dollar First

[email protected] 06-03-2015 11:01 AM

shop online

Harmony Dollar First: Online Department Store // Administrative Services: Proofreading Editing... Fashion Clothing, Footwear, Beauty, Recreation, Homewares, Books... Great products. FREE Shipping to UK Mainland. Happy Shopping:)

msuggitt 06-11-2015 12:25 PM

I'm an Amazon addict even buying my lawn mower online

Sarah Johns 06-23-2015 07:36 PM

Shopping online, as long as I'm familiar with the store.

ShopLularoe 06-26-2015 07:35 AM

I shop on Amazon quiet a bit, but who doesn't like going to Target or hitting up the outlet malls. I do have to say though, shopping is much more a challenge when you have 3 kids, especially with a 3 year old. ��

Melissa Wilson
www.facebook.com/Lularoelane

MsFit 06-30-2015 12:16 PM

I prefer to go to the store. The only disadvantage is that online you can find anything!
Lol!

nevada robin 07-03-2015 01:36 AM

Oh, it depends! I'm not a "retail therapy" type of shopper, so if it's crowded and there's too many people, I definitely prefer online shopping! My husband is the shopper in the family.

I find that there are some items I want to buy from a particular store, and one of those is online only.

I also find that sometimes I can save money buying online, for instance, I will try on clothing or shoes locally, but may find a better sale price to buy the same thing online.

I know there are cities where you can even do all your grocery shopping online, but for me, I really like looking at the meats and produce before I buy them, so that's something I prefer to do in person (I did have a bad experience ordering meats online, my order was not delivered promptly, and I did not realize part of my order was spoiled until I opened the packaging to cook my Thanksgiving turkey -- that bad boy got hustled straight to the outside wheelie bin! That was an expensive and smelly learning experience).

enterprisemind 07-03-2015 05:35 PM

Online Definitely!

I prefer to buy online. Mainly because where I live the selection is very limited and I like to have exclusive items. I will take something back to a store though. Otherwise.....online.

itsnat 07-06-2015 01:32 PM

Online. The selection is bigger and I can easily compare prices. Plus I don't like to deal with crowds.

jackiew 07-08-2015 08:11 AM

It depends. For clothes I'd rather go to the store. I like to try things on before I buy. But if I'm buying beauty products or kitchen products, I can buy that online.

chantellygirl 07-12-2015 06:12 PM

If I can, I shop online. The only thing I really shop for in the store is groceries...and clothes...cause let's face it, EVERY time I buy clothing online it never fits :(

JScolforo 07-13-2015 03:55 PM

Honestly I love shopping online!! I am on a first name basis with my UPS guy and my mailman LOL My kids and I love getting fun mail, instead of just bills and junk!!

jrcorbes 08-05-2015 05:36 AM

I prefer going to the mall, since all i do everyday is sit on my computer because of work, every once in a while i go out and shop, also i can try things on me when i go to the store just to make sure everything fits well on me :)

sthavranek 08-09-2015 07:44 AM

Online!!! My local grocery store has now started online shopping and I will be checking it out! You can even order online and they will have it ready for you to pick up if you decide you want to do that! I might try both!

jmkeener 10-09-2015 11:36 AM

When buying clothing for myself I have to go in store. However everything else I buy online. It's easier. Ships to my door and is kinda like Christmas when it arrives :)

TniRecruiter 10-14-2015 05:17 AM

Either/Or?

It depends on what I am shopping for. I prefer to try clothes and shoes on before purchasing. Not everything fits the same. Alternatively if it is something I know will fit properly, and I can get it cheaper online, then, yes, online works.

There are so many variables and it is truly an item by item basis as to what way works best for me. Anyone else feel this way?

QueenMaa 10-15-2015 02:11 PM

I like both. I know for health products I get more deals online then in the physical stores. For clothes I usually go to stores like T.j.maxx, Macy's, Kohl's and Marshalls. Purses I could shop for them online or off that is a true addiction for me.

Theshandalee 11-19-2015 07:13 PM

I have an online business so I'm supposed to say online :/ it depends. If it is for pants, shoes or bras, I must go into the store. No questions about it. So many people use sites like Zappos and have no problem mailing things back and forth and buying 2 in different sizes. I have NO TIME for that. I like shopping online for things I am too lazy to get usually.

Sfs78 11-29-2015 03:19 PM

I prefer online shopping. I am so grateful that it's so big now!
I hate driving out, to purchase things, bc I usually end up with more than I wanted.
Prior to internet ordering, I never ordered pizza.

I hated phone calling.

So yeah, most of my non grocery shopping is completed online!

THall1 12-04-2015 09:04 PM

Well,
I prefer to shop online, instead of shopping in the store. Simply, because online you have a larger selection to choose from. Whereas, in the store you don't. The only disadvantage is that you can't actually get at that moment, unless it's online shopping to store pickup (now).

I Heart Natural Deals 12-10-2015 07:52 AM

I prefer to shop in-store for clothes because I can try them on....but for everything else, I prefer online because you can stack coupon savings with cashback portals...plus I don't have to deal with people, esp. during the holidays when things are crazy!

miashops 12-10-2015 06:23 PM

I'm definitely an online shopper. I don't like going to the stores anymore. And I love seeing the boxes at the door wondering which package it is this time.

ewow 12-10-2015 06:54 PM

Thank goodness for Amazon and Ebay and Alibaba. I live three miles from the mall and I have been there twice only to visit See's Candies. Traffic, crowds, over-priced goods O my!

CustomerSharing 12-11-2015 02:50 AM

They co-exist happily

Online and offline stores are both major part of life for most nowadays.
Used to be the physical stores only, now couch potatoes get their way of cruising the world and avoid the store crowd. Still people want to see people brushing shoulder in the aisle...
I'm waiting for the personal drone at each supermarket that you can "fly and see" the store goods while sitting at home. Best combination of the two worlds! :rolleyes:

tuppertn 12-15-2015 03:59 PM

I love shopping online..so much easier, you don't have to deal with the crowds...but there also comes a time when I have to go into the store for something..like using coupons with my groceries..

JAEarly 12-24-2015 11:11 AM

For clothes shopping, I prefer to go to the store so I can try the items on. Since different manufacturers produce different fits, ordering online just isn't feasible. Now, for items such as books and electronics, I prefer to order online. I've recently become addicted to Amazon shopping and find myself ordering a lot of books from there :).

arlene1076 12-30-2015 04:50 PM

I prefer online shopping (find better deals online) unless it is for clothes.

doncro 01-04-2016 05:40 PM

Which do I prefer Shopping Online or Going to the store?

I prefer online Shopping you find the best deals can save gas and time you can shop for groceries and pick the up when you get there instead of going there and shopping physically inside the store.

Thank you,
Doncro

BTHodgeman 01-05-2016 07:39 AM

I prefer shopping online, as long as the shipping is free. There are a couple categories where I prefer to shop in-store: clothing and food/beverage.

mlrhodes 01-05-2016 09:09 AM

Shopping

As a male, I naturally hate going to the store anyway, but living in a small country town with no large stores, and am much more at ease with Online shopping when possible.

I have to travel to town as we say, to buy groceries or if I have to have it now for my computer, but that's all.:)

xtiffan 01-05-2016 10:10 AM

While shopping online is more convenient and sometimes more inexpensive, I do like to try thing's on in person before I purchase them so I would prefer to shop online if I can find something I know will fit me, but otherwise I need to try stuff on to be sure I am able to wear it.

Tahir Bhai 06-19-2017 05:09 AM

I have never read such quality post/article as yours, ever on the web. Your post/article is very detailed and insightful yet easy to understand. Please write more frequently for this/our community.

Tahir Bhai 06-19-2017 05:10 AM

I have never read such quality post/article as yours, ever on the web. Your post/article is very detailed and insightful yet easy to understand. Please write more frequently for this/our community.
Alexandria Car Service

valverie 07-04-2017 01:37 AM

I prefer online shopping vs going to malls with a crowd.. hate crowds ;(
Unless something is on sale in a particular store and there's no better deal online

4LifeMom 07-05-2017 04:28 PM

Online shopping for sure!

Susie^ 07-13-2017 06:44 AM

Depends on what I'm buying, but online shopping would have to be a winner for me.